Q: Is it possible to center* while in a lucid dream?

*center=it’s a handy term for a moment when you have
a strong and conscious sense of the present time and your mind,
a moment that you realize yourself poetically speaking.
a strong state of focus. hopefully made the term clear enough

If I understood you correctly, yes you can. I take it “realising yourself” means to become aware of yourself, not having a life changing experience where you for the frist time see who your really are. Although you can probably do that as well. But centering yourself is almost required to lucid dream in the first place. You must be aware that at the current moment you are dreaming, that it is in your mind. You are aware that you are in the dream lot more than in normal dreams. By wich i mean you sense your own presence. As for focus, that is a question of how lucid you are. If you are very focused you are more lucid. All possible.

gravitates to topic because of the Q in the title

centering myself in a LD is one of my goals. I haven’t succeeded yet. So far when I remember to try, I have woken up when I tried to center. Almost like the act of centering makes me connect to my physical body and thus wake up.

Thanks for the info.

I think that when you are fully conscious during a dream then you must wake up because being fully conscious during a dream is impossible, it’s a paradox.
If you are FULLY conscious of your dream then you KNOW that you’re dreaming, that the dream is an imagination, and you must wake up.

I may not have enough experiences with LDs, but the above doesnt sound right to me. I had a LD where I was fully aware and conscious… I knew I was in a dream, and at the same time I knew that I am lying in my bed, in my room and that in about 1 hour my alarm will ring. I consider this being fully coscious of myself, yet NOT waking up.

Sorry if this is a bit off original subject :confused:

PS. I dont like using the word IMAGINATION in relations to dreams, I would rather use my “inner reality”.

Sorry if I am a bit freaking out here hehe…

Peace SRV73

When you are lucid in a dream you KNOW you are dreaming and that it’s imagination. That’s the whole deal with lucid dreaming. There is no reason to wake up because of that realisation, I can’t imagine why you would think so.