The BIG Reality Check Topic [part III]

This probably isn’t helpful because you already know this, but just try to develop a habit, do the nose RC (plug nose and inhale) a few times a day and increase from there. I don’t know why, but I have some weird habit of doing RCs, about 50+ nose RCs a day for me.

Looking at your watch/clock/reading is a pretty simple RC, doesn’t involve much thinking. And before you go to sleep, do a few RCs and remind yourself- no, - tell yourself to do some RCs in your dreams. Works great for me.

Maybe you could specify where you have problems with RCing in dreams, or remembering to do RCs.

The RCs are just a matter of getting used to doing them in waking life so you do them in dreams too.
You can find the current 13 moon calendar here tortuga.com/eng/calendar/mag … /index.php

thankyou

so i guess i just have to make it a habit

moved to big reality check topic :moogle:

someone tell me a good example of an rc…also…am i supposed to do them in my dream??

A good example? Anything that works best for you…
A good one for me is looking at my hands, works everytime :smile:
And yes, you’re definetly supposed to do them in your dreams; thats the whole point, to get lucid. But don’t forget to do them in waking life every once in a while…

My favourite RC is pinching your nose (so I can’t breathe through it) and attempting to breathe through it. If I can… I’m dreaming.

try to look into a mirror, and search for weird things on you, sometimes the person you see in the mirror is not you, also jump once in a while, it doesnt matter if theres people around, I did it today at the mall, got some wird looks but its worth trying if it triggers lucidity, and if you have pets, try talking to them, or just touching them, this are the ones im trying out I just started today so I cant say they work, I dont do the hand thing because in my dreams my hand looks normal, but Ive read it works out fo many people

the best RC is most definantly holding your nose and seeing if you can breathe. It works/doesn’t work everytime, and i think its 100% effective, but you may want to try a few other RC’s if your unsure before you jump off a building lol.

I agree, the nose RC is very good, but it’s not 100%. At least not for every one. It’s never failed me, but I know it has for others.
My other favorite RC is counting your fingers. I usually do this right after I plug my nose just for fun. It works about 90% of the time for me. The other 10%, I either miscount or I don’t realize that 6 fingers is not normal :razz:

how can you pinch my nose??? and how come you cant breathe through it… if you breathe through my nose you must be dreaming!!! :mrgreen_hat:

seriously though, it is my favorite RC two!!!

I like the nose RC, but sometimes my nose makes funny noises anyways in waking life. 0_o I count my fingers, too. Once I had a dream where my hands were see-through with blue lightning stripes. Bizarre. In another one I had 11 fingers. I also check my digital watch to see if it changes, but I’ve never done it in a dream.

last night in my dream i looked at a digital watch and i could easily see the time, and it was quite vivid too… so i guess that is not a good RC for me!

last night I more of just thought of the circumstances. I was in college but I thought to myself you know what would suck? If this was all a dream. Then I realized that im still in highschool so theres no way this is real. But once I was lucid I began to do what I wanted to do (talk to dc) and I was trying to show them that this was a dream by doing rc but none of them worked except for the nose rc. For some reason this woke me up.

I think it would help me if i could have more unexpected prompts (a sign that makes me do a RC) during the day. Like today I needed some paper, so i tore off a piece from a reminder/to do list notepad and i suddnely noticed the heading - ‘Don’t Forget…’ . It immediately reminded me to do a RC.

Well, unfortunately I am a smoker, and I know there is nothing good coming from cigarette smoking, but there might be one positive side(I know there is nothing positive about smoking) But Im trying an experement where i buy a certain color lighter (white) and write “Dream?” on it. So whenever I light up a death stick I see “Dream?” and examine everything around me, and look into the flame for a minute. Hopefully this will work because I tend to smoke a lot in ND’s and fire looks distorted to me in dreams. Anyway, anyone think this would work?

That’s definitely a strong way to do RCs…but so harmful :sad: You should keep trying to quit, but while you are smoking, it’s a pretty positive aspect to it! :content:

i believe it will work! just dont smoke more now so you can do more RCs :smile:

Since my LD average has hit a very low lull, I decided to think of the MOST common place thing IRL. I thought it’d be better to do RC’s about things I see a lot IRL, since I don’t have many common DS’s. Think it’ll work?

I came up with 2 things. Trees and water. Since I live on a lake and have had dreams swimming and stuff, I decided to do a RC every time I see or think of water in any form. ie: I thought about going out on a boat ride today, boat is on water…RC

I did about a hundred RC’s in chem class today too :razz: I hope this works.

I’m sure that will help, but you also have to remember to do RCs when weird situations happen, and just randomly!

For example, At night I get this ‘lucid’ feeling, as though I’m having a lucid dream. It feels really weird, I do many man Rcs because I really feel like it’s a dream. Whenver, I get de ja vu, I do an RC…when I’m in a situation where I feel ‘woah this is just like a dream’ I RC.

Try what I do sometimes I’m sure it will also help along with what you are trying.

I want to try a Really weird RC. Whenever I feel like I’m dreaming, I want to check my pockets to see if I have a card in my pockets that says dream. The funny part is, I won’t put a card there. I’ll just expect to find one by believing. For example, when you look at the time in a dream, and look away you expect the time to change instantly …so it does. (at least thats what i think)

So that means, Simply because you believe it will change it does. So if you believe you will find a card that says dream in your dream, will it work? I’ll find out hopefully. :cool:

[mod]This discussion continues in part IV :cool: [/mod]