The FA topic - Part II

If you dream that you are having an FA, what is that?! lol. i had that once. It was like i was having an FA but was fully aware of the situation. I was trying to move to see what happened and just felt tingling.

moved into big FA topic :moogle:

FA’s suck. Everytime I have one, they’re creepier than a nightmare IMO. I usually can always tell if i’m dreaming or not, and lead that into a lucid dream, but then again I don’t have as much control when bad thoughts creep in and I feel powerless and wake up.

I’ve turned quite a few into lucid dreams, but they don’t last long, and often go into another FA. Never really had a creepy one, but I don’t let those types of things bother me.

Most of my FAs are the same or will lead into SP with the ghost/shadow/spirit thing going on.

I like them though, I like being scared. :tongue:

The best thing to do would be work on increasing your awareness and control in lucid dreams so that when they happen and you’re lucid you can do something about the negative thoughts or simply wake yourself up.

Whenever I realize that I am dreaming I have a false awakening. Out of nine LD’s only one did not follow this pattern. I’ve also had few non-lucid FA’s and there was nothing creepy about them.

So I for one, welcome FA’s :smile:

-NL

My great uncle had a recurring FA where he would wake up and just lay there for a minute. Then a an arm would come out of the bottom of his bad and grab his arm really tight. It happened to him ALL the time. Really scared the crap out of him.

I think i might have FAs every night i do a WBTB

Because every time i do a WBTB it feels…

wierd waking up… like… “wow… i JUST woke up for WBTB?”

but i can never remember them

That reminds me of my FA experience, I’ve probably posted it many times before, so I won’t bother now, but it was definetly a horror film dream -_-

Are there ever happy or unscary FAs?

Yes. i dreamt about a month ago that i had woken up and was listening to “Morning Glory” by Oasis. it wasnt a proper false awakening with SP etc but i still thought about whether i was awake or not, thought i was, and mused that is was a cool song to wake up to.

once i had SP but just thought it was amusing that i couldnt move and went to sleep again.

I had a FA after my last LD. Quite short, actually: I woke up in my bed. Beneath me there was a warm, fuzzy dark-coloured woolen blanket (in reality there’s a sheet), lights were out and it was dark as it was when I had gone to sleep five minutes ago, but somehow my perception of the room was different, which is what I find interesting. I had an image of the room around me without actually having to look at it (I was lying on my side and looking at the wall). The image I had was far different from the reality of my room. In other words, a false memory. When I turned over to lie on my back, I felt a thumping, as if something huge was walking in the distance. I wondered what it could be, then I woke up exactly in the same position as I had in my FA. I suspect the thumping was my heart, for some reason I feel it beating more vigorously when I go to bed these days.

I truely adore false awakenings, there a such immense things of mystery. The great plot revealing to me when I find out I was still dreaming, is pricelessly beatiful.

I had my first FA-induced lucid dream.

Unfortunately, it was all dark. I went to the light switch and, of course, it didn’t turn on. So I was stuck in a dark house. I kept hearing strange noises and thinking things were going to jump out at me. Rather unpleasant.

How do you turn some freaking lights on?! :razz: Summon some candles? Light a fire?

I tried to spin around and change the dream scene, but I almost lost lucidity when I did that. I was lucky, though; I did eventually get back in my house, and this time, a light was on.

If you haven’t read any of the few posts I have yet, I am new to LD… in fact tonight is my second night in trying to reach lucidity.

I have been perusing the threads and after reading people’s accounts on false awakenings, I realized that this used to happen to me all the time when I would have to wake up early for high school, or whenever I would have to wake up early in general.

I would wake up for real, but sometimes I would fall back asleep (it was only school right :tongue: ) and I would fall into a dream that I did get out of bed, brush my teeth, get dressed, whatever else I do in the morning, only to wake up again right back in my bed. It’s been a while now since this has happened, but I remember instances of it happening multiple times a morning.

I always felt there was something different about theses particular dreams, but at the time I didn’t know anything about lucid dreaming so I never did anything about it.

Maybe I’ll set my alarm an hour early tonight and see what happens tomorrow morning.

I haven’t had an FA in a long time. Is there a way to get one automatically? or do they just happen?

I actually think FAs are pretty cool. I’ve had like 3 of them in the past week, which is weird because I’ve never really gotten a lot before…

The other night I had a FA. I “woke up” in the middle of the night and looked at my digital clock and it said it was 1:44 AM. Then I “fell asleep” again, and when I ACTUALLY woke up my clock said it was only 1:03 AM. I did a RC then, so I knew I was awake and I’d had a FA.

[notice: this post is a little graphic]

I had a few fleeting moments of lucidity last night, followed by the strangest FA to date. In the short moments of lucidity I was opening something with my favorite all-purpose knife when the blade slipped, punctured my artery, and then got stuck under the curve of my jaw.

I woke up in my bed and felt a throbbing pain and warm sensation, the knife was still buried in my jaw and I was bleeding profusely on my bed. I pulled the knife out with a jerk(it’s a CRKT Greg Lightfoot M1, w/ combination edge, if you’re curious as to what was sticking out of my head :O) and applied pressure to my neck. I then tore off my sleeve and used it as a pressure dressing, I couldn’t really feel my body and I tried to yell to anyone for help, but I couldn’t make anything come out, I just rolled of the bed gasping for air. Oddly, when I applied additional pressure to the neck wound, I got tunnel vision and felt moments from passing out. It became quite peaceful, I just lay there on my floor staring at my ceiling thinking ‘so this is what dying feels like’…

I woke up for real shortly thereafter and checked my neck, to my great relief I was still in one piece lol.

wow…thats what happened to me 2 nights ago…

About a week ago, I had this really vivid dream in which I became lucid. But when I woke up from the dream, I was apparently partially out-of-body, except that I couldn’t move anything except my right arm, and when I looked at it, it was nothing but a ghostly silhouette. After looking at my arm and struggling to move, I seemed to wake up a second time, and this time, I was truly awake.
Does this sound like an OBE, or was it just an odd dream? I’ve never had an OBE before, so I can’t compare it to any other experiences.

It wasn’t an OBE
You were probobly still in a dream, it is very common to have dreams where you are still in your bed. This is the main “nemisis” of Lucid dreams because this leads to FA