Guitar thread

yay my telecaster is coming on Wednesday! YAY! I know it’s stupid, but I like the way the lead goes in the side instead of the front… and the control knobs. ALL HEIL the tele control knobs!
Can we use bullet end strings in a tele?
Ball end and bullet end?

please say something! someone!

yes we can put bullet ends in a tele! teletelETELETELE!!!

WOO hoO!!

Depends how well you can play it.
I’ve been Playing 3 years with a teacher and can play all of it, some of it a bit Badly. How much of it can you play and do you play the first minutes of it Downstrokes and at speed?

I doesn’t matter really what you CAN play - it’s HOW you play it. I can play loads of stuff and that might make me sound really good, but most of it I can play crappily and a small minority I can play well (like Street Spirit (fade out)). I prefer making up my own stuff than playing other people’s songs, incidentally.

i prefer making up my own stuff too! except for educational purpose i never really found some satisfaction in playing other peoples songs… the joy of making a product is great!!

yeah! My dad keeps going, ‘you can impress girls with well-known songs!’ and I say stuff like ‘I don’t want to impress girls. I want to play music!’

I think it’s healthier to make your own stuff anyway becuase if you only play these well known songs you might end up inadvertentley copying it! I like to get a drum beat I’ve made and play along to that until I get something decent.

And I hate it when people ask you what songs you can play - for me that doesn’t indicate how good a musician you are.

youtube.com/watch?v=sQyfaBuq1xQ

hey check my new vid!!!

Exactly. When you make REALLY good songs, you’ll impress even MORE girls when you’re raking in cash, getting a record deal, and getting 9.5 reviews on pitchforkmedia.com

I’d love to learn guitar, because I figure I could improvise and compose on it just like my piano and saxophone. For the people here, did you learn guitar by lessons or by yourself?

Edit: Oh and li10, can you play Knives Out by Radiohead?

I haven’t tried but I probably could with a little practice. I find that song disturbing though, that’s why I don’t play it… I read the lyrics and now I stay away from it. I liked the song but now it’s really sinister to me…

I’m learning guitar my myself. Brian Molko (of Placebo) learned by himself, and loads of other musicians did too.

Yeah, I can’t even get the strumming down for my guitar. I play a few notes, it sounds metallic and screechy. My fingers hurt with the guitar strings. I don’t know how to hold a guitar. If I could get over those barriers I could probably learn how to play the guitar pretty good, but until…

try using rope core strings… they are much softer… if you want more info pm me, i dont want to advertise here!
i am using them and they are great…

I’ve got a teacher but you really have to teach yourself what you think is good and what you want to play.

EDIT: btw. Ranma187 nice Ibanez.

the finger pain will go away with time…

and HurricaneAK, those are physical barriers, we all have them!! You just need to sit tight and practice the right things, exercises, etc. and you will pull through!

I have an Epiphone SG. It’s a pretty nice guitar, to tell you the truth. I used to think it sucked, but that was before I realised the horrible sound was caused by my crappy Fender starter amp.

I also play an Epiphone Thunderbird. It’s heavy and has a nose-diving problem, but it rocks.

I’m pretty decent on guitar/bass. My mom says my bro and I are great at it but I’ve noticed, once you get the hang of it, guitar is a lot easier than it looks. I looked at myself in the mirror while I played master of puppets and… holy crap.

hmm TELECASTERS ROCK!! Yeah yeah, they are Jonny Greenwood/Thom Yorke approved, RADIOHEAD = GENIUS, so TELE = GENIUS!!

lol, im a total noobiieee to guitar, im 13, started last summer, and im workin on canon rock. i have a crappy washburn guitar, but it looks cool, and its signatured, and it works. And does it matter that i got used to holding the pick with my thumb pointer, AND middle finger, it dosnt seem to make me worse, and its waaay more comftorable.

yeah, do wht works for you!

i made this fast riff on the lowest 2 strings and it’s really improved my picking speed and accuracy! I eventually expands into the next couple of strings!! It’s cool, I’m going to finalise a version and post it on soundclick.

haha, no guitar is better than your amp :wink: A mate of mine plays his fathers GIBSON les paul on a 10 watt squier :no:

I have an ephipone les paul 56 goldtop :smile:

The epiphone seris are great! (I have tried both the SG and the thunderbird, friends have them :smile: )

I want to start modding my guitar. I have a squier, but I want to change all the hardware with like, a better nut, a vintage 3-saddle tele bridge and perhaps a chrome pickguard. Oh yeah! And noiseless pickups.

Ought to be good! But I’m not gonna actually do any of this until I can write songs and stuff… good songs.

Hey if you took all the strings off (to change the bridge) and put on new ones the neck would warp wouldn’t it? Tension being relieved then applied to the neck… what do you think?

0_o

Wow, my guitar sucks compare to all of these. But I don’t know the exact model, I just know it was cheap ($75) and has the words “Harmony EST 1892”

What that mean?