False Lucid Dreams

Hi there…

I had a couple of lucid dreams the last 3 months, but i’m asking myself if they are real lucid dreams.
The excitement because of knowing that i was dreaming didn’t happen often, only in one third of the dreams.
In the other “lucid dreams” i did what i wanted to do, the things that came into my mind before going to sleep (like having sex, talking to the neighbours cat or whatever) but i lose my lucidity very fast. there is one second, where i realise that i am dreaming, but i don’t remind myself all the time.
Maybe i should wait a few seconds and try to increase my lucidity and think over my targets. But as soon as i am aware of my dreaming, i start the planned actions without thinking of anything. The lucid dreams also don’t last very long.
how can i avoid such false lucid dreams?

Another problem of mine is that my dreams are often not very vivid. Sometimes i don’t believe that my brain is able create huge dreamworlds with details in it.
What can i do to make my dreams longer and increase the vividness?

thanks

It sounds like you had lucid dreams but lost lucidity. You should definately wait a few seconds and stabilise the dream and increase your lucidity. Just stopping and looking around can do wonders. Remind yourself that you are dreaming. You can repeat it out loud a few times just in case you don’t fully ‘get it’.
To increase the vividness you can try to use voice commands or engage the senses you want to increase in vividness. Spinning around can increase the feel of the dream.
To prolong dreams, well I guess I’m not the expert on that but spinning is a known prolonging technique as well as rubbing your hands together or staring at them or the ground.

I know I can’t lucid dream when I want to, but when I used to try hardcore I used to have dreams and the dreams I had seems to be me lucid dreaming but it seems like just a dream and not real

One time I tried to WILD and I felt like I had an OOBE where I was walking around in my house and I saw my body, I went in the front room and I was trying to make things appear and they would, I was getting so mad and so fustrated that I couldn’t do anything that I think I just went into a dream.

But it all seemed so real, and the house seemed normal, it was empty with just me in it and it didn’t seem like a dream at all, to this day I am not sure if I had a real OOBE from that or if it was all in my head.

Also I used to have dreams where I would realize it was a dream and as soon as I would I get this wierd feeling like I just materialized in my dream and I am trying so hard to control my dream and I can’t do anything and I get fustrated again but it just doesn’t seem as real. It seems like I am dreaming that I am lucid even thought I know its a dream, I am not in control to do what I want to do.

Okay. I don’t know about OBEs. Seems to me that If you believe in them you’d value them even higher than lucid dreams though.
I you don’t believe in them, then you atlest had an interesting dream.

If you realise you are dreaming then that is a lucid dream. Not all lucid dreams are vivid, so they may feel no more real than normal dreams. The way to know if a dream was lucid is to answer the question “Did I know that I was dreaming?”

Also You don’t automatically have control over everything in a lucid dream. You may have no control at all. It is not helpful to get frustrated. Stay calm! If you don’t succeed, try again! If it seems impossible try something easier. Instead of trying to fly at light speed try to jump and fall down in slowmotion. And work from there.

Okay. I was close to starting a topic similar to this. Convenient that I chanced upon it…

I have a similar problem where my lucid dreams seem to have a false feeling to them. Not so similar to the aforementioned problem, but it feels almost exactly like I’m merely daydreaming/visualizing; very limited vividness and a “ventriloquist-effect”… dream characters are akin to puppets - and I hate the feeling of complete predictability in dreams, especially an attempted LD.

These have only occured during the DILD technique, which is my most commonly applied method. In fact, they feel so fake that I rarely refer to them as lucid dreams. Just simple visualizations from dead dreams…

It struck me as odd, at first. I thought, “Is that how a lucid dream is supposed to feel? How drab…”

Of course, I see posts on the forum that proclaim the brilliance of such lucid dreams. So perhaps they are supposed to feel like normal dreams with an increased amount of consciousness… yet not so trite.

How are they supposed to feel? Or… how do they feel to you?

To me, it feels like real life. Like in your dreams suddenly someone turned on the lights and everything looks clear.