The BIG "Was this a LD?" topic - Part V

I’ve never dreamt a dream like that before so it wasn’t just a normal dream.

Before I went to bad last night, I read a bit on this website, so maybe I got the lucid dreaming in my mind.

I know what you mean canucks, I had one like that once. I flew too. But I knew for sure it wasn’t a lucid dream, although it was very vivid and I remembered every single little detail. It was an awesome ND, though.

And when I had that dream I was spending every available minute reading about lucid dreaming. and I asked my friend to remind me I was dreaming, like what I had read… but it was the closest I’d ever got to having an LD.

Hey guys, I was wondering,
about 1 year ago, I hade dreamt several times of
a gigantic place just like a safari,
the only probleme is that I was unaware when I had this dream.
Yet the place was “magic” and I felt great happiness in it.
Was this a LD ? or just a normal dream ?
( I wasn’t conscious BUT it felt so real, and it looked like a LD
because when I read your LD’s, they just look like that one (safari) )
THX.

SRV73 it sounds like a great ND to me. We shouldn’t forget that normal dreams can be awesome too :smile:

Thank you, yeah after all this was a ***ing great dream but not a LD, a LD would have been a thousand times better.
Then, they must be better than life.

A few years back I had a real peculiar experience…

I would fall asleep during class, and shortly after I would try to open my eyes, but can’t, then all of a sudden every thing in the room was a really blurry blue, and there was a figure that was light blue coming towards me. I would soon feel intense pain afterward and try to wake myself up, In the dreeam I’d “awaken” wherever I was sleeping and see this. ANyone have any clue?

So uh, something weird. Happened. I had had 1 ND and then another, and then after I got out of this restaurant I was in (don’t remember much of that part) for some reason someone shot a bullet at me. Then the dream got alot more vivid and I jumped out of the way. I realized I was in a dream, and I started flying. But it seems kind of blurred, and I’m not sure if I just dreamt I was being lucid, since I had been thinking about it all day. Anyone know? (P.S. I suck at flying, if it was a LD) Also, if I really had been having an LD flying sure wouldn’t be the first thing I would do. So thats another point towards “not really an LD” I think i may have been dreaming I was having a lucid dream, or something.

I can’t tell if this was an LD. I’m walking inside a house, there is a bunch of flowers, herbs, and drugs sprawled across a desk. I go over to them, and rub my fingers against the herbs and they feel kind of rough. I then said, “What the hell, that’s too vivid. This is an LD!” But one second after that my vision turned all lavalampy with colours and next thing I know, I was in my bed. Is that long enough to qualify as being lucid?

Yeah, this is the same for me, the second I know I’m dreaming, the dream ends and I’m in my bed !!!
So, I can’t have a LD because the realization of the fact that I’m dreaming is too intense and that wakes me up !

Yes! Congratulations on your first lucid dream :yay:

Well this was before i got a wii.It was about a week ago.I was in a walmart with my friends searching for a wii.Well because there were no wiis i thought is real not a dream,well it led to an RC and i made wheel barrels full of wiis appear lol.It lasted i guess 2 mins i became to excited.was this a LD?

The question is … when you created the wiis, were you actually aware that you were dreaming afterwards?
If you were aware then it was a LD :thumbs:

your right i was then i became excited i think so yay!that makes my total 6!thx :mrgreen_hat:

I think i’ve had many LD’s when i was young because i was always in a nightmare but i knew in the dream if i shouted i would be awakened.

I think i had one last night also, i was watching a DVD and remember having to get up and turning it off in the middle of the night because i had fallen asleep while watching it. I was confused because i thought i had already turned it off before i fell asleep. So i turned it off and low and behold when i wake up it’s back on the exact same menu and playing sounds. But i remember the first time i ‘woke’ up i was thinking to myself ‘Is this a lucid dream?’ but didn’t do any reality checks.

I moved this into the big topic :content:

Well, I had a dream last morning. I woke up at 7:30, and saw what time it was. I then fell asleep.
at 7:40, I woke up again, and told myself I need to get out of bed in order to not be late for school. However, I fell asleep.
Then, A dream started: I was standing on a wide road, (NOT the asphalt type one), one metere from it’s right edge. It had a line of trees, not realy tall although taller than me. It was automn, Because all the leaves were yellow or brown. It was quite nice. Then, Suddenly, a person I know appered in front of me for a second shouting: “This is a dream!”. She disapeared after a second. I then started to move my hand in order to do an RC, and felt almost as if I were doing this IRL. My hand moved like in a VERY dense syrup. Before I had time to perform the RC, A thought went throught my mind: “I have to wake up, so I won’t late for school!”. I then woke up.

So, the plain old question… Was it an LD?

:welcome: Welcome to LD4all TwilightDreamer! Enjoy your stay!

Congratulations! It was a perfect example of a first LD. You realize you’re dreaming but wake up before getting to do anything cool.

Unfortunate that you had to wake up for school, though.

If you ever begin to wake up in a LD against your wishes, try spinning and you can stay in the dream longer.

OK, Thanks! I will continue to try and LD today. I already have an endless list of what to do In my first, real Lucid Dream. (Flying, kinessising [tele, pyro, aero, hydro, terra…] and talking. How original :smile:)

I was dreaming this morning and I saw my brother way far out in the distance after we were separated and I said to myself, I am not walking that far, after that it got all blurry and I thought to myself, crap this is a dream, and I woke up.

yay first LD?

Well I just got started in LD a little while ago, I researched it and figured out what it is. Now a few nights ago I was in a dream, sitting in a classroom. Now at the time it all seem pretty normal until one of my friends complained to me about how his six hour class was. When I asked him he told me in Japanese(Im currently a foriegn exchange student in Tokyo) Physics, then showed me his textbook. On the cover is was supposed to read "Butsuri" or Physics in Kanji but instead it was these two old looking symbols. I didnt know what they were but then it hit me, that it didnt read Physics in Japanese. In fact my friend wasnt even in the same class as me, the classroom is all wrong. At that point it felt like the channel was changing in my mind then it went black.

:yes: just for a few moments though … first LDs are often quite short due to the shock of finding yourself lucid.

to me, it sounds like you were nearly lucid and that you didn’t quite get to the moment when you actually realise it’s a dream :eh:

BTW :welcome: welcome to LD4all Philchan :happy: