Speaking to your subconscious in a dream?

Would it be possible to talk to your subconscious through a dream? I don’t mean talking to yourself, I mean, in the dream, talking to another DC maybe, and that person being your subconscious. Would you be able to instruct it to send a different sort of message to you if it were trying to communicate?

Another thing, would it be possible to ask a DC (I believe i read somewhere on the homepage about this) what it thinks about religions and such? Personally, I don’t let religion affect my life at all, hasnt really ever helped me, but do they know concrete facts?

totally possible

in fact i know someone who’s main LD quest right now is talking to his subconscious

That’s awesome, I fully intend to do this as a first thing in my next Lucid Dream.

I’d like to ask my subconscious how to better my techniques in having LDs, and maybe getting other things I want :razz:

I want to do this too.
I just hope my subconscious has a sense of humor!
Edit: Oh and Ayen you can ask your subconscious to notify you when you begin to dream so that it will remind you that you are indeed dreaming. And then…well, you know…Bingo! Lucidity!

Never thought of that, thanks!

Is the subconcious the same as the spirit guide ?

Not to break up the party or anything but. Is there any way to prove any encounter in a dream is a chat with the subconscious? I mean, moreso than any other chat with a DC at any time. There is no central subconscious essence that is an opposite of “you” as far as I know. If I’m wrong please correct me!
I like the idea of some other being in the dreamworld that is like a guide or an equal. The idea that there is another independently thinking being in the mind that you can exchange ideas with or learn from. But I’ve never heard of any evidence that there is. The subconscious is you. The brain processes that you are not consciously aware of.
So in that case you are indeed talking to yourself. And symbolically telling yourself to, for example have a dream character tell you when you are dreaming.

As for temP0ral’s question, My own answer would be. Since I don’t believe in spiritual things. The same thing that appears as the SC or a spirit- or dream guide, or even God could be the same thing. The same psychological symbol. The highest, perhaps, the true self of the individual. This topic really is quite dizzying if you insist on having this specific entity. That is supposed to be the same. The simplest explanation in that it’s jsut another dream character that acts out a very meaningful play in a very convincing way. Some may think it takes away the specialness of the character to think that way, and the character would probably call you on it since he “knows” everything you know.

I’m not sure if they really meant it that way. Even if they did, I agree with them- It’s a great idea and a good goal.

Think about it… Even if the subconscious is just the brain processes that you aren’t aware of consciously, wouldn’t it be just as exciting to see what it has to say? After all, you don’t consciously plan what DCs say to you. It’s the subconscious.

It’s talking to a part of yourself you aren’t otherwise too familiar with.

Well I agree that it’s still interesting to see what a “representative” would say, but everything in the dream is just as representative.
Although a character may in speech reveal something that you have not been conscious for a long time, “it” may as well make up stuff on the spot. Since the subject matter is things we’re not previously aware of, it’s difficult to say wich it is.
As for how worthwhile it can be I think that is moreso than how certain you can be of the validity of it. You can hear what you need to hear, and if it works to tell the SC to give you lucid dreams then it works. Worth a shot definately. Like I said I don’t mean to break up the party, and I am in no way discouraging anyone to try this. Just realise that the scientific grounds for this is quite loose. Speculative. As are my own comments I suppose.

Another question, if you may,
can you tell you SC that from now and ever, you will get lucid in each one of your dreams.
i belive that id you do this enough times, its can truly help
becuase in dream you can communicate with your SC
in the best way it is, right?