The BIG Vitamin B Topic - Part II

Is there Vitamin B in chocolate ??

Believe me, I’ve been there and tried every supplement around. I have progressed and found the truth and power in treating my body to superfoods, (spirulina is loaded with b vitamins) The benefits of fasting, RAW fruits and veggies, and organ cleansing, have had a much more positive effect on not only my dreamtime but also my waking life.

Vitamins from a natural source are the only ones that can be absorbed into the body, most of the supplements out there do not come from food at all.

Chocolate has a little bit of thiamine and niacin.

For me chocolate and dreaming go hand in hand and last week I got a bag of raw cocoa. I have been eating this stuff all the time, even right before bed, there is a little bit of caffeine in chocolate but it hasn’t effected me. chocolate is great for the brain and if definitely increases dream vividness.

I had a multi vitamin on Sunday around 11 am. It had 9mg of B-6 in it, and that night I had an LD after a really long time. I hadn’t been eating the vitamin prior to that so I assume that it was because of the B-6 in the vitamin that I LDed. However I forgot the next few days to eat the vitamin, and so far I have not experienced an LD. I did remember to take my pill last night, about two hours before I went to bed, but this did not help me attain an LD. Perhaps right before bed doesn’t work when it comes in vitamin form, it may need some time to incorporate into the blood stream.

it helped my recall a bit! hopefuly it wil work betar!

Eat a banana!! ~~

I read an article recently about the condition where you lose some sort of conection with your body. You lose your sense of your body. So that if you don’t consciously control your limbs, they won’t do what you want to do and you feel disconnected from it. Seemed like quite a difficult thing to live with.
The article said that it often begins with dreams of not having control. And here’s the kicker, you can get this condition temporarily by the use of vitamin B6.
I suppose that means excessive use but still, if you start having such dreams. Beware!

after reading about the effects of vitamin B on this forum, I gave it a try last night. I took one pill 100mg of B6 with a yogourt (some B12) and a slice of cheese, 30 minutes before going to bed.

I went to bed at 1AM and set the alarm to 5h30, then at 7h00. As usual, (since last month), I recalled “backward” what happened during the day, lets call this “Day Recall”, or “Reality Recall”. It helps recalling dreams in the morning, since this work your memory a lot!

Every time I woke up, no recall at all. Which is weird because I usually recall my dreams in detailed, and with that “magic” vitamin, I was expecting a lot. In fact, I was very “confident” or convinced I was going to have one LD, from all the reading I did on LD4all forum in a day :smile:

So I set the alarm to 9h00 but at 8h09, I wake up from a dream, which was not necessarely more vivid that usual, but went I started to write it down in my journal, I did remembered those I “missed” earlyer. But no LD yet, even thought there was a lot of impossible things happening…(my window gives on same level as the street) I live 2nd floor…crazy guy driving a bus and doing “zig zag” on the street… anyway.

But the best part was after waking up at 10AM. While going back to sleep, I had a what should have turned into a LD. At some point, I had to put a ring on, so I looked at my hands. The ring (quit big) would not fit on my “middle” finger. Then I checked the other finger, (I was wearing more than one ring…very odd, since I only have one…), my thumb was very short and big, very weird and nothing like in reality, but, it seems that my brain convinced me it was real enought not to realize I was dreaming :sad:

And earlyer in that dream, I was running with a friend, but I could not accelerate and reach him, so I ran very slowly. Since there was snow on the ground and my boots were used (very little “grip”), I told my self, well, thats as fast I can run in these conditions (I missed that BIG SIGN). All that and more, within 30 minutes. I woke up for good at 10h30.

So, I don’t know if it is because of the b6 vitamin I could “live” these two obvious dream signs that I missed, or the fact that before going to bed, I spent an hour reading the topic section on Reality Check, but the two last dreams were, lets say, more reaslistic than usual (maybe B6 kicking in…who knows)

So I’ll give it a try with maybe 200mg in a couple of days and see what happens.

About those “big dream signs” I missed, any of you could give me tips so I won’t missed them next time. Sure, I will look at my hands during the day asking if I am dreaming or not, but beside that, anything else ?

Thank you all

day 2 with 100mg B6,

I went to bed at 1Am, and woke up at 5h09 (without alarm) and remembered some pieces of dream. Nothing extraordinare… Then, I had a hard time getting back to sleep. Maybe because of the pill, or/and the fact it was getting clear outside, or/and the birds were “whisling”, or doing the sound bird does… I tried counting “I am dreaming” to 100, and then do a RC. But I did that four time and got tired but not sleepy. At 6AM, still awake, I got on this forum and to read until 6h45, then back to bed with “ear plug”.

At 8h11, woke up from a very vivid dream, once again, I missed some very obvious dream sign, like lifting a girl with my arm and talking to her while she sits on my hand (I am no culturist or bodybuilding guy…) So missed that one. Eventually, we had some “sex fun”, I guess we can’t get explicit on this forum… :smile: Anyway, this “fun” should have rang a bell, since I know she has a boyfriend… Still in my dream, tomorrow would be friday (saturday in RL) and I had to get early for school (I finished college last december…). and some other signs, should have gotten me to LD…

Before taking 100mg, I rarely had those obvious dream signs. Still, it could be caused by all the recent reading on LD4ALL… For the next 2 days, I won’t take these vitamines B6 and see what happens.

Once again, if you guys have any suggestions to help me NOT IGNORE those signs, I would be glad to hear or read it.

day 3: no vitamin B6,

little less recall than usual ( 2 NR ). The first one (after 6 hours of sleep) was short and with little detail. The second one (one hour later) was much more detailed and vividness was at let say “medium”. There was obvious DS that I missed…

day 4: no vitamin B6,

very bad recall, worst in a month. Only dream recalled was after sleeping 8 hours (none when I awoke after 4.5 and 6 hours of sleep). No DS.

day 5: 200 mg B6 with a slice of bread and philadelphia,

I woke up after sleeping one hour, no recall but sweaty, maybe because the weather outside was warmer than usual…or too much vitamin B6…

-first dream after sleepin about 3.5 hours, short and little details.

-2nd dream after sleeping about 5 hours, much more detailed, and medium vividness. Pretty good recall this time. Before going back to sleep, tryied MILD methode.

• 3rd dream after 6.5 hours. Very weird dream, but still very good recall, MILD didn’t work, and gave it an other try before falling back to sleep.

• 4th and last dream, 7.5 hours of sleep. This one was simply great, very vivid, some, obvious once again, but missed DS. Very detailed and I woke up right after this dream, very quickly. Usually, I like to stay in bed… but this dream ended in a very pleasant way, and was happy to start the day!

MILD didn’t work this time either, but, at the end of my 3rd dream , I was in a small boat, and soon during the 4th, I got in the same boat…MILD effect I guess :smile:

Funny thing, today, with the 13 moon calendar, it “is the day” of my kin, the red dragon, except, with bars and more dots…tonight might be the night!! :smile:

Tonight, I’ll try one more time 200 mg, probably last time this amount of B6, might be too much and not necessarely useful, just to see about the sweat thing early in the night.

Do you think you can become too dependent on B6 for DR. I have good DR when I take it. When I stop it seems to drop, but I dont know if the reason is, because of not taking it, or am I creating a mental block by thinking the B6 is the reason Im having good DR.

day 6: 200 mg B6 with cookies and large glass of milk

little less recall than yesterday. Mostly, one very detailed dream, one detailed but short, and 2 others but with so very little detail, doesnt really count!

I went to bed à 1h30 AM:

1st wake up @ 6AM :
no recall, and no sweat (last night I woke up very sweaty as if I had fever…)

2nd @ 7h00:
i wrote 4 words on the pads…so not much

3rd @8h15:
one very short dream, little detail and one quit long and medium vivid! (look my DJ for details )

[url]https://community.ld4all.com/t/onorms-dream-journal/25199/1]

4th @ 10h00:
shorter dream, less vivid than last one but still good recal (this one is in my new DJ)

So I cant really tell if vitamin B6 really has a big effect. I’ll stop taking these for a couple of days and see how “different” my dreams might be.

Kavaa,

maybe if one starts working DR taking vitamin B6 and then, stops taking these after a while, maybe his recall might decrease or not be as good… i am not 100% sure about that, its my opinion.

looking a my Dream Journal at home (not he new one on ld4all), I had night with very very good DR, and with vitamin B6. The only thing B6 seems to do with me, is flash some very obvious DS that I keep missing. But once again, those dream signs might be the result of all the reading about other’s DJ. So, I’ll see with the next few days, what happens without B6.

One more thing, its just a small test I’m doing with B6, since I should probably keep taking a precise amount for much more than 2 days :smile: I was very curious about what previous dreamers had “live” or experience with that vitamin :smile:

Im going to stop using it for a week, and see If I can get my DR going as good as I do when I take B6, and only use it when my DR gets low.

let us know if your RD changes with and without B6. On april 24-25-26, no vitamin B6 for me. My DR was still pretty good (not the best ever but still) and there was also good DS.

Then, I cought cold and I took some drink and medication, hot water lemon and honey, vitamin B6, Echinacea and NeoCitran. Yesterday, was good, but last night I had amazing dreams. With so very very obvious signs that I missed (big screen saying: “tonight is the night”, [for LD I guessed…]).

Last night, when I went to bed (0h00), I cut a vitamin B6 pill in half and took it, then took the other half at 5AM.

Anyhow, once my health is back to normal, I’ll too stop vitamin B6 for a while and see how it affects DR and DS.

no vitamin B6 on april 29-30 and may 1st.

Last night, I had 2 pills (2 x100mg B6), a slice of cheese and yogurt. I didn’t get lucid, but almost. Once again, many missed DS. And I was flying at some point… not lucid but pretty close!!!

this after noon, I took a nap and 100mg vitamin B6 and had the craziest FA ever. It’s the last dream in my DJ on may 4th.

onorm: do you think eating when you have the B6 pill helps you to achieve lucid dreams? Or is it better not to eat when you have the pill?

well, on the bottle, it is recommended to take one pill at breakfast. So, I guess it might be easier for the stomach to digest (less “irritation”), but I’m guessing that, not 100% sure.

Today, I had a soup at noon (not that big meal) and went to bed for a nap at 13h00 with 100mg B6. My stomach didn’t burn and didn’t feel sick (except for that cold and can’t get rid off, but that’s off topic :smile: ).

I have been on and off with those vitamins B6 at night (not every nights) and one thing is for sure, B6 vitamin does magic with DS!

My friend and i went to the grocery store and bought 100mg tablets of B6, He just took his 4 hours before bed with a sandwich and milk. I am going to take mine with a sandwich and a glass of milk 1 hour before bed, i will fill you guys in, we will see what happens tomorrow. I have great DR, and i hope this improves my DS, so hopefully i will do an RC in my dream.