What would you say...

I heard something on the news lastnight which made me do about 10 RCs in a row. In the wonderful state of Oklahoma. A man was put in jail, probley for the rest of his life for having Turberculoses. He did not comment a crime, just didnt take his meds. Is there something wrong with this picture? I mean you wouldnt not believe some of crap in this police state. You can get arrested for drinking on your front porch. Anyone here live in OK. I know I b*tch alot about it, but thats messed up when you get thrown in jail for breathing wrong.

Okay…wtf!?

:huh:

I agree with you on that one, Kavaa…

Well, tuberculosis can spread easily. If he conscioussly decided not to take his medicine, he then also conscioussly put others in a great risk.
Not sure if jail is the way to go, however, I am pretty sure it goes against the law to endanger others.

our school didn’t give us TB jabs last year because it’s ‘saving money’… what a load of crap. But I’m going to my doctors’ sometime to have one, because I’m not taking a risk, a risk that could be prevented.

I really hope they mistook jail for quarantine.

well I dunno, where I live people get arrested for shaking rugs outside their houses. Real criminals should be put in prison!! It’s ridiculous, we’ve got arsonists and stuff going around blowing stuff up and no one ever notices, but then someone shakes a rug outside, HOLY CRAP GET IN THE ARMY!!

ok, that may have been a little melodramatic.

Cough Typhoid Mary Cough

She was sentenced to some sort of exile in a psychiatric hospital because she refused to wash her hands, and killed a few people.

Kind of the same situation isn’t it?

I really think it is justified to do this. He is putting other people at risk of contracting a dangerous disease. It is incredibly inconsiderate of the man to do what he did. The next time he rides on the bus, if he was allowed to remain free, he would spread the disease to a bunch of others. That can’t be allowed to happen, and so they tossed him in jail.

I will agree with you though that jail isn’t always the solution. Like, for instance, in the US, getting caught with LSD results in a looong sentence, longer than murder or rape. The US needs to get its priorities right in terms of prison sentences. My .02 cents.

O.K. is a funny state, It feels evil with the laws they have out here, it dosnt surprise that this man was put in jail. I dont understand why they couldnt just put him in a clinic. The poloticans in Oklahoma are itching to make strict rediculous laws. We just now got the tatoo law passed, and you know? There thinking about taking it back. Living in this state can only be described as closterphobiea. Its like other states are saying…“Hey Okies you want to come out, and play”, and we are like the kid stuck in his house saying… “No my state want let me come out”. Damn this place its evil. Does anyone here live in Oklahoma, and think the same thing, or is it just me looking for excuses to hate this state?