What Book Are You Reading? — Part III

Yes, my sister and I used to watch that all the time when we were younger! Wow, I must have been about 6! I do like it :smile:

I just finished “Things Fall Apart” by Chinua Achebe, for school. It’s a great book, but a lot of times it seems that having to follow school guidelines and constantly answering questions lowers the experience…

A seperate peace.

A raisin in a sun.

Both of these books are for school

I’m reading Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke. Although it’s not the best book I’ve ever read, its still quite good (I haven’t been reading it for a while though), if dense.

finished Slaughterhouse V.

I read it and liked it, but i wasn’t really engrossed in it until the last chapter.

When it begin “Robert Kennedy was shot 2 nights ago, so it goes. And every day… his guns. They rust.” and it hit me and i was like “woah”

and it all made sense then.

Awesome book.

I just finished “jorden skal gråte” [the earth shall weep]

It is a brilliant book. It’s the story of USA seen from the native americans point of view. The book changed my view on american history. And on the US as nation.

A MUST to read. It might be a little bit heavy though.

Lucid Dreaming: A concise guide to awakening in your dreams and in your life, by sthphen laberge.

Before that it was I, Robot by Isaac Asimov.

I am re-reading “thief of time” by terry pratchett :content:

If you read my VG RP you may know why :grin:

I finished “The Catcher in the Rye” a couple of minutes ago.

I’m going out to get “At Swim Two Birds” sometime, hopefully soon.
I heard about it after reading “The Third Policeman” (one of my favorite books ) by the same author, because Desmond was reading it in Lost… :grin:

The war in 2020.

Dan Brown - Digital Fortress
Finished it yesterday. Full of cliffhangers and unexpected happenings :happy:

Yeah, its great :grin:

Finished Murder in Mesopotamia and The Mirror Crack’d by Agatha Christie. The former was good, but the latter… excellent story telling all around! I highly recommend The Mirror Crack’d to mystery lovers.

Currently reading:

Arsene Lupin, Gentleman-Thief by Maurice Leblanc
Raffles: The Amateur Cracksman by E. W. Hornung
Perfect Crimes and Impossible Mysteries which is a collection of “impossible crimes”.

I’m not interested in stories, so I’ve read many books from Peter Kolosimo. I love this kind of stuff.

Sean — Arsène Lupin is awesome! Really good choice for a read. :yes: Hilarious!

I myself am reading Jorge Amado’s Capitães da Areia (my favourite book ever), Th Adorno’s Negative Dialectics, Wolfgang Kayser’s literary analysis manual, and a pile the height of a palm worth of assignment reads for both universities, which range from ethics and anthropology to Goethe’s poetry. :smile:

Petter: Yeah, he really knows how to trap the reader, or what? :grin:
Finished it in three days; I couldn’t stop reading!

Right now I’m reading Stephen LaBerge - Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming. :smile:

So am I ;D
I finished Brave New World a while ago as well :content:

Arsene Lupin IS amazing. I’m sad that more books aren’t easily available in bookstores in the US… I like the good combination of light-heartedness and… well… crime. I’m just sad the book eventually ends…

I have finished “Let the right one in” (it will be able in UK in August) by John Ajvide Lindqvist and is now reading his 2.th book: “Hanteringen av odöda”(“Handling of the undead” or someting like that.) “Håntering av de udøde” in my Norwegian version.

Reading “Destination: Void” by Frank Herbert. It’s an e-book though… so it takes getting used to for me. I like old fashioned paper. Anyway, I’m glad I have it since I’m finally getting a chacne to finish the voidShip series.

Will be reading “The Ascension Factor” by same author after this.

I just finished “Fight Club” by Chuck Palahniuk. It’s a great book (could probably be argued to be a load of communist propaganda, but I love it!). It’s a lot different from the movie too, so don’t just think if you’ve seen the movie you’ve read the book.