EN | NL | FR
Current Wings Quest 130
Rainbow Connection

What does everyone think of Scientology?

Author  Message 
milod789
Night Explorer
LD4all addict

PostPosted: Wed 22 Mar, 2006  Reply with quote

Draginvry wrote:
milod789 wrote:

One of their “values” is look out for # 1 first and if you have to hurt someone else to get what you want that is fine. It is the other persons fault for not looking out for themselves.

You serious?

Satanists aren't even that heartless.

Yes I am serious.

Even worse they tell you not to “get involved” with anyone who is not also a scientolagest. They also encourage you to cheat on that person and expect the person you are involved with to cheat as well.

Their rules are not told to people up front. You learn “the rules” as you move up in levels. No one outside their “church” is supposed to know these rules. The person I was talking to was reluctant to say much even though she is not part of their group anymore. She is still scared of them. From what Q described above, it seams with good reason.

They have counseling sessions where they hook you up to a biofeedback machine ( which functions like a lie detector) and get you to tell them your secrets then, if you speak out against the group or challenge their teachings they threaten to make that information public.

As a caveat let me say I am getting this information second hand and I have not personally had any contact with this group.

dreamusic
Somniologist
Somniologist

PostPosted: Wed 22 Mar, 2006  Reply with quote

http://www.brandonbird.com/ron.html

I think this painting sums up Scientology quite nicely. The idea that you can sell enlightenment as a product is completely absurd. L. Ron himself even said that calling Scientology a religion was only for buisness purposes, as it is definitely clear that the whole purpose of this shame of a religion is to make a quick buck. It stands for everything true religion is against while claiming the opposite. It is the symptom of a disease of which it claims to be the cure. Scientology, like much of the new age crap out there, takes ancient wisdom, gives it a fresh new name and then completely perverts it for personal gain. The whole point of religion is to transcend the self, not to feed the ego! It plays off of people's insecurities for financial profit, just like a good capitalist product should. People are insecure and want to better themselves, but instead of actually putting effort into self-realization (you are the only one who can realize it, no one can tell you!), all you have to do is give them some money. Ah, the American Dream, solve all of your problems by buying stuff, and as a bonus you get to feel accepted by a select group. Now you "know" something others don't, and are willing to do anything to keep your ego high (no wonder its a magnet for celebrities!). In short, it is the epitome of everything wrong with our economic, social, cultural, and religious situation at the moment.

Draginvry
Living on Hado
Dream Deity

PostPosted: Sat 25 Mar, 2006  Reply with quote

Wikipedia wrote:
"The purpose of the suit is to harass and discourage rather than win. The law can be used very easily to harass, and enough harassment on somebody who is simply on the thin edge anyway, well knowing that he is not authorized, will generally be sufficient to cause professional decease. If possible, of course, ruin him utterly."—L. Ron Hubbard, The Scientologist, a Manual on the Dissemination of Material, 1955

What a vile, vile person.

Given the choice between Hubbard, or Jesus, I fail to see why anyone wouldn't choose Jesus.

Bruno
a smiling haze
Globahead
Chat Mods
LD count: a bunch.

PostPosted: Mon 27 Mar, 2006  Reply with quote

I split the discussion on medicine and healthcare. smile

This poor chunk of text got lost in the way (it was part of a bigger post that was more important to the other thread, so it was moved along):

milod789 wrote:
Draginvry wrote:
Given the choice between Hubbard, or Jesus, I fail to see why anyone wouldn't choose Jesus.

I can think of several reasons but, I wont get into that here. There are already plenty of topics on that subject.

Alextanium
Unbreakable
Somniologist

PostPosted: Wed 29 Mar, 2006  Reply with quote

Put simply, Scientology is a pyramid scheme benefiting one person. The guy at the peak. The premise behind the idea is that what do you give the people that have everything materialistic? ie: movie stars and rich celebrities. The answer - catering to their massive egos - is you promise them the release of their inner god, in the form of telepathy, telekinesis, psychic abilities of all kinds for a nominal fee. To these celebrities, 20 grand is chicken feet.

I used to feel sorry for people that fell into the mindless trap of this cult, but after hearing the Xenu story, and the facts that back it up as true (true as in they actually believe it, not that the story has ANY merit) I feel nothing for these people. Anyone with a glimmer of pure rational thought could see though that smokescreen of junk, but somehow they have reeled in hundreds of millionaires. Unbelievably.

If you'd like a mild laugh after reading about the depressing facts of Scientology, have a gander at this website some of my friends created in the last two weeks.

http://xboxishuge.com/xenu/

The first Church of Xenu. These guys spend their time posting Xenu recruitment posters on every Scientology related building, posterboard and portable personality test desk they can find, and they enjoy it too.

psychonaut420

PostPosted: Sun 29 Apr, 2007  Reply with quote

i believe that everything scientologists believe in is total crap. also the thing that i dislike the most about them is that they believe that psychiatry and psychology are bad and evil. personally i have gotten a lot of help from my psychologist (she saved my life grin ) and i plan on following that career path. also isnt LaBerge a psychologist?

Qu
Founder
Site Admin
Qu has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
LD count: lost uhm lots

yes, it's true, they don't like those things at all. When I mentioned I had been seeing a hypnotherapist, the lady put on a face like I said something terrible.

(as you read before somewhere in this topic, I have had one of their personality tests once, i didn't know about scientology and I thought "why not", but when I got there, it felt so very wrong so I never went back)

please, even if you don't believe or agree with something refrain from using words like 'total crap'. Try to stay respectful thumbs

Basilus West
Cat of Ulthar
LD4all addict
LD count: 199

On the French gov website, 177 dangerous sects are listed. Scientology is considered as one of the most dangerous of them.

They say: "Scientology is based upon dianetic, which is a mixture of philosophy and science fiction. Scientology is a multinational with vast profit operations. It has many other groups, subsidiary companies whose names are not easily detectable, for instance "l'Ecole de l'Acteur" (the Actor School) but whose effects may be quite as harmful and dangerous."

Peacho
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

I took a personality test online (Which was free, even though it would of cost me $500 normally, or so they said) at there website, and I put all the awnswers as undecided and it told me I was depressed.

Kava
LD4all addict
LD4all addict

Well if I were going to explore the world of Scientology, I wouldnt, because Tom cruise freak ruied it.

Kava
LD4all addict
LD4all addict

What is Scientologys view on the after life?

...So it is a cult? I hate cults. I really have a hard time understanding how people can be brainwashed by them. Thats like the heavens gate cult. These people that killed themselves seemed to have a good head on there sholders. It makes me wonder if I could ever get sucked into such a thing.

Win Laik Pya
Literally Hawkgirl.
cookie lover

So yeah.. Scientology...

Really i don't like to touch this one, because my thoughts on Scientology are quite extreme.

So i made this informational packet to explain my views.

http://lordofthethetans.ytmnd.com/

Enjoy.

Fun fact: Tom Cruise has been made the "savior" of Scientology.

I personally boycott Tom Cruise's movies. (not like he is in anything good anyway)

Eldwinn
Shaman of the Forest
Astral Explorer

PostPosted: Fri 04 May, 2007  Reply with quote

i hate scientology turn3

keepenitreal
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

all I have to say about scientology is ..... lol

Dream Dragon
That's Me ~~~~
Dream Deity
Dream Dragon has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: Approx 30+

I believe that it is evil. I don't want to hear any more about it personally but others need to be wary of "sheep in wolves clothing", so to speak.

print