The Self Hypnosis Topic!

ya i do magic card tricks. not magick. maybe magick is for people in europe? and magic in the states?

I don’t really know. :confused:

I have a question. This is a very open forum, and I appreciate people sharing all of their “spiritual” information. But still, I feel very sceptical towards all of this as there isn’t a very logical base to the whole concept.

-Do you know a good resource of background information/logic on this topic?

The web pages don’t even go into questioning this, and assume that they’re right and you should listen to them. It almost seems demeaning, as if people are stupid and would believe anything they see in one sentence.

(I’m a skeptic, but I’m an open skeptic who wants to learn about this.)

jaqdhawkins.co.uk/DefChaos.php

This page explains the theory behind chaos magick and links it to science to some extent. If I understand it correctly the whole idea is based around the butterfly effect.

Also, the Chaos Theory is steeped in science.

A very inspiring ebook. I’m now so intrigued by this whole Chaos Magick thing. :grin:

Lucky you. My mom saw the ebook and took it away for fear that I was becoming a Satanist. Even for a parody religion, it’s funny as hell.

How could your mom take away an Ebook? :confused:

I printed it. All 71 pages. :cry:

Well, that’s just fearful. It’s your religon.

Also the link to the e-book will close down my internet.

Do you have Adobe Acrobat PDF reader? Try updating it. It’s worth the trouble.

TRJR strts to read the topic

Magik, eh? You’ve got my attention

I’ll be sure to check out that e-book sometime or another

You can still read it on your monitor. :smile:

The sigil magick part is really simple and useful, and everything makes sense to me. It’s the first time I find this western magick thing direct and simple. From my understanding, the whole Chaos Magick thing is just a way (or ways) to talk to our subconscious using very simple methods, and all other traditions of magick are simply different belief systems pointing towards the same TRUTH. I love the idea that you can merge different systems or come up with your own magical system, so long as you understand the beliefs behind them.

The same principle applies to all forms of magick. I personally prefer to mix it up a bit with my rituals. (Chants one day, stone magick the next, thread magick the day after, etc.)

Isnt… magick… evil? or used for bad purposes
i mean it has it in its name… CHAOS magick…
I’m not saying it IS evil, im just asking because I dont have much experience / info on this subject.
I checked out wikipedia and it had results like “Black Magick” and on the " see related subject" area , it said Chaos magic. Are these 2 magic types similar?
and after googling “magick forums” results came up like occult forums , which had lots to do with satanism in it :sad:
I would love to do chaos magick, but not if its “bad”
Im really sorry if im not making any sense, its really late here I’ve got a huge headache and im tired… so bear with me please? :razz:

I can’t speak for chaos magick, but for run-of-the-mill pagan magick, no. Nothing “evil” about it at all.

From what I’ve read, Chaos Magick is only evil if you want it to be. Basically the premise of the whole thing is you invoke whichever method/ supernatural being is convenient. Want your pasta to taste especially good? Why not call upon the Flying Spaghetti Monster? Chaos Magick says it doesn’t matter how you do it so long as the intention is there. The key is being able to entirely switch beliefs, and that’s the hard part. With some practice, I was able to switch from Atheism to an honest belief in Hinduism, then back again. Quite an interesting experience…

There is no such thing as Black Magic. This term was coined by people who feared things they don’t understand or were too single minded to learn the truth and just worked on a the basis of hear-say.

Magic[k] is magic, there is no good magic and there is no evil magic. Jesus healed the sick, many people would consider that a form of magic.

Magic is a tool and nothing more, only the practitioner is good or evil.

A knife is also a tool, but a knife can be used to kill people, but does that make the knife evil?

Anything can be used for bad purposes, even your pillow, you choose how you want to use a tool and you choose how you want to use magick.

I wanted to mention something on the “Satanism” mention in your post too, but that would likely drag this way off topic. :tongue:

crawls out of his cave
You know some day I thought I could come to this forum and see something that wouldn’t make me cringe at its inaccuracies.

1. Magick with a k is an invention of Aleister Crowley (A Magick Life - Martin Booth, Wikipedia)
  2. Any pagan or chaos magician worth his salt knows this
  3. GAH! Are you guys purposely making me cringe at your on this subject…
  4. Thankyou Mohegan for clearing a lot of this up so I didn’t have to.

crawls back to his cave

well, thanks for clearing this up guys!