The BIG Déjà Vu topic

Thats exactly the way it happens to me, only I have less of them agter I started trying to have a LD

I used to have de ja vu as a child, the ‘normal kind’, i guess. then at age 14 i starting training to have lucid dreams, i stopped the progress after on one stage, having already accomplished lucid dreaming and for about five years enjoyed it. after five years my lucidity started to lessen slowly, and my deja vu’s became different - i started to differentiate various types of de ja vu. I started having dreams of a specific ‘scene’ where i walk in a certain place with someone or something like that, and that was in the stage where my lucidity in dreams have almost disappeared , and i would wake up and when it happened in real life exactly as i dreamed it it would drive me crazy because i would know it was different than my old de ja vus but i had no way of proving it - until one time i dreamed that i was walking in neil street in london with a friend of mine and this asian girl that i didn’t recognize. the scene was about 30 seconds long and when i woke up i told my friend about it, saying it felt very strange because i didn’t know who the asian girl was and why i was dreaming such an insignificant small scene like that. a few months has passed and one day i was walking in Neil street with my friend, with an Asian girl who just moved in with us a month before, and that same scene played out exactly like i dreamed it - and this time, i told my friend who was with me, asking her if she remembers i told her about a dream two months ago and she remembered and agreed with me it was exactly like i told her.
That was the first time i had proof, and since then I’ve had about two or three dreams about something that happens. it’s always about a small insignificant moment, but still, it feels pretty cool to know i wasn’t imagining it :razz:

I just had deja vu as I was reading this. Then I realized it’s because I’ve already posted in this topic. :tongue:

I had a huge deja vu a few days ago. Most of the time when I have a deja vu it’s only a specific moment just for one second, but this time it took 5 seconds or more. I could swear I had seen that situation before, realy weird :tongue:

Actually, not to be adverse, but there are varietal forms of déjà vu - as well as related phenomena. It seems a very fine line between all of them, and in some cases there is… Of course, I can understand how and why the term “déjà vu” would be more convenient.

Personally, I experience frequent déjà senti and l’esprit de l’escalier. On occasion, presque vu and at least a few accounts of jamais vu… I’m most familiar with déjà vécu, however. That I experience daily. My days are so predictable…

I’ve only ever experienced déjà visité in my dreams, though.

It’s a very curious phenomenon. Should be studied more. Maybe during LD?

I’ve only experienced déjà vu in dreams.

:colgate:

This happens to my father all the time. Apparently he’s been having lucid dreams (and using them to help him in work) for years and I never knew it. He also speaks of visiting places in a certain way (places he has never been IRL) and then later on the same exact thing happens IRL.

I’m the same. Also I’m often noticing situations that remind me of previous dreams.

I was at an acustic gig with some mates yesterday. One of my mates walked up the stairs to were the gig was happining. He looked at the person on stage with a shocked look on his face.

He walked over and said “Oh my god I just got Deja Vu!”

Apparently he had dreamed this the night before, the same person on stage, I was standing in the same position with the same drink in my hand. Very strage.

Ah… I believe I should have posted this here the first time. If only I had looked more…

"…Actually, not to be adverse, but there are varietal forms of déjà vu - as well as related phenomena. It seems a very fine line between all of them, and in some cases there is… Of course, I can understand how and why the term “déjà vu” would be more convenient.

Personally, I experience frequent déjà senti and l’esprit de l’escalier. On occasion, presque vu and at least a few accounts of jamais vu… I’m most familiar with déjà vécu, however. That I experience daily. My days are so predictable…

I’ve only ever experienced déjà visité in my dreams, though.

It’s a very curious phenomenon. Should be studied more. Maybe during LD?"

Ok, first I was watching the news and it was talking about a guy who was obsessed with ferrets.
I thought of Slinking_Ferret…
Then I forgot about it…

I later, maybe next day, posted on forums “I like Ferrets” because we had to say something nice about the person above you, which was Slinking_Ferret, but I wasn’t really thinking about that TV show before i posted that.

The next day, our class is doing experiments with hair… We examine black hair, orange hair brown hair under a microscope… then I see that there is FERRET HAIR…

WTF??? is my mind playing tricks on me??

but why ferret hair?.. couldn’t you do any other animal that our animal science teacher had? Why Ferrets?

Usually I have little Deja Vu, such as my brother talking about Mario, and when I go turn on the TV I see a comerical about Mario… and now I play Mario Forever on computer…But this is one of the biggest ones yet…

I kinda started noticing and pointing out my Deja Vu a little more often, but this is really weird…

I was wondering if I could ask my SC or SG about this… maybe they are doing this becuase they want to talk to me…(that sounded really stupid… lol) but who knows…

In addition to that, I just got an email that had the forum topic about LD and drugs… and I opened it read it, then I open msn, and see “Drug dealers peddling new kid-friendly mixes”

Ok, I’m probably paranoid now…

Ok, last week I said that snowboarding down a sand mountain would be fun, and guess what…

msn.com has that on front page… xD

IMO deja vu is the feeling of something happening before, not coincidences. so thinking about something then seeing something similar later would not be deja vu.

Every now and then I get the odd feeling I am reliving the same thing again. As if I am re-living my life and only every now and again become aware of the repeat…
Really odd feeling as if I’m getting a second chance and making all the same mistakes again :meh:

Last week I saw a man on TV who got a DejaVu´s all the time. Every morning he reads the newspaper he has the feeling that he knows all the blockbluster trades from the NBA, all the tornados in the U.S. and other things.
When he´s invited to a birthday party he thinks:”Why should I go there. I don´t want to celebrate my brothers 40th birthday twice.” He has the feeling his wife tells him always the same things.
He had a crippling stroke or heartattack that causes the DejaVu-feeling…

your right moogle… i’m an idiot xD :wallhit:

This happens to me too like Ill just be doing something normal and then all of a sudden Ill just be like WHOA and it’s the weirdest feeling and then once the moments gone its like I completely forget what it felt like having the dejavu I used to get it like almost every day but its kinda slowed down a bit

I had a big déja vu again yesterday. Me and some friend had to do some presentation for 4 teachers. At a certain time one of the theachers leaves for a few minutes. When the teacher had left the room i took a look to my right (there was a projector screen and one of my friends). At that point I got a very strange feeling, and as I looked forward again I was certain I had seen that situation before, and i’m still certain of that.
Realy weird :tongue:

I get deja vu’s so frequent and each of those moments has a strange feeling. One deja vu seemed so real and I felt something strong in my mind like an explosion. I felt like fainting for some reason :confused:

this night I had a deja vu in my dream and then thought I had seen the situation before in a dream. just didnt realize I was dreaming at that moment. I told the DC who was there that I saw this moment in a dream before.

where can i find definitions of the other deja experiences?

Oh, one of the most interesting things you can do in a dream is to suggest to yourself that you remember all of the other times you were at or near that same location. What will happen is that you will be inundated with dream memories. Your memory will flood over not only with memories concerning that particular location, but it will spread out in relationship to your entire Dream World.

You will realize that you are ALWAYS dreaming… not just when you are asleep, but always, all the time, there is your Dream Persona always going about the Dream World always in some kind of activity. In REM Sleep, yes, you are finally able to catch up to yourself for awhile, but even after you wake up, your Dream Self goes on and on and on.

Indeed, I have something of proof for this assertion. I used to play violin, and then I took up piano. But I sometimes grow lazy and quit my practicing for several weeks. Well, it does not matter. My progress move on. The trick is that I find myself playing in my dreams sometimes. Well, I can only surmise that it must be that I continue to practice in my dreams.

But, anyway, try it. Simply ask yourself to remember about your dream scene. Instead of controling your dream for sex or some silly magic trick, do something truly interesting and open up your Dream Memory.