TMS Sleep Inducing Machine

Click here for story, or read below

I wonder how a machine like that could help with lucid dreaming!

I dont think it would work, as it takes you to the deep sleep state, not the REM-state.

I can see two possible ways it can help.
The first, wich I find less plausible, is that you could perhaps use the same technology to create a different sleepstate. You could theoretically mess around with brainwaves until you find a setting that creates good conditions for having a lucid dream. Much like Brainwave entrainment audio.

The second way wich I am sort of excited about is this. We need a certain amount of Delta sleep a night, and a certain amount of REM sleep. Say you take a power nap in the daytime and get all your Delta sleep out of the way, That would leave more room for REM sleep when and if you go to bed at night. Also sleeping without REM sleep for longer periods of time creates REMrebound. Then you’d have more intense dreaming, or at least longer dreams, and therefore more chance to become lucid. And you wouldn’t have to sleep as deeply.
If you have this setup you can also Focus your efforts alot more effectively.

I would very much like to see some studies on this.

I recently posted about a new invention involving forcing delta wave sleep in humans by basically strapping a magnet to their head.

dailydeluge.com/2007/05/10/elect … ced-sleep/

What do you guys think about this new invention? Good/bad? Harmful/helpful?

I’m thinking probably damaging.

It won’t open for me. :sad:

you have to get rid of the [/url] in the link…

it looks interesting, I’d like to look into this further, later.

Perhaps a merger is in order here. WIth the “TMS Sleep Inducing Machine” topic.

now merged :thumbs:

Sounds way too strange to be true

actually this is very plausible, we know the brainwave states very well
7.83 hz is referred to as the Schuman resonance and associated with the hypnagogic state and various otherwordly experiences, psychedelic consciousness, etc

this would be much more assertive and immediate than brainwave entrainment… but i’ve actually seen products that electrically entrain one to alpha or theta that can be worn on the wrist… it was in one of the airplane catalogues maybe something like 10 years ago! i really would be curious to find one.

it’s not the newest of technologies. even in old times people set up a “dream machine” to spin at the alpha/theta range emitting lights and it put them into deep trances.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dreamachine
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_helmet

technology is baffling beyond belief… there’s so much developed they won’t ever tell us about either.

I’mma build a dreamachine! It’ll be so cool!

Holy Reality. I think that the right frequencies for it to be successful for lucid dreaming may need some experimentation. It could be used in several ways to benefit lucid dreaming. To put oneself in a hypnogogic state is a very good start.