Question for you who already can become lucid.

I have a question for those of you who can become lucid.

Can you have a lucid dream whenever you want? Or do you only have a LD once in a while, even if you’ve learn it.

I mean if I learn it, can I do it every night, or do I have to struggle everytime I want one?

When you have your first LD, the rest usually come easier. There are some people on the forum who can have one whenever they want, but that usually comes with practice. :smile:

Sadly; most (most is all except a very few (And they might be lying)) people have to struggle every time.
But it becomes easier the more experienced you become.

So the longer you practice, the easier it gets?

Well some people can LD at will, but unfortunately not everyone can. It also depends on the technique you use. If you manage to master WILD you can WILD (and thus LD) when you want to. Some people have naturally more Lucid Dreams than others.

Personally I can’t LD when I want to. I haven’t had a Lucid Dream for the past few months and to be honest, I haven’t put a lot effort in it either. But even when I do, I certainly don’t get it at will.

[color=royalblue][size=100]Edit:[/size][/color]

Yes, for most people it does get easier. Practice makes perfect :wink:

[color=royalblue][size=100]end of edit [/size][/color]

I would say even if you’ve learnt it you still only have them once in a while, and if you want them every single night then you have to put in extra effort to accomplish that.

It’s hard when you first start, whatever technique you try may not work the first time so you need some determination and persistance. Lucid Dreaming is well worth the wait and effort.

Myself, I have been a natural lucid dreamer since the age of 4 and I used techniques to make them happen more often so now I have them almost every night. I wouldn’t say I can will them to happen just by wanting one, but if I do a technique such as WBTB i’m pretty much guarenteed to have one. I guess you could say I’m lucky but I think its more a matter of having high self-awareness and being very intuitive.

Oh and by the way, welcome to the site Canucks and good luck on your lucid journey! :happy:

Thanks. Yes, You are very lucky. :tongue:

Perhaps I’ve been indoctrinated by LD mp3s but Lucid Dreaming is a skill. Ofcourse it gets easier with time. It’s not a matter of “Now I can’t - Now I can” There are various levels of skill.

I myself can’t lucid dream when I want, but I don’t really put that much effort into it. I’ll hide behind that fact. But I do have lucid dreams regularly. Averaging about 2-3 a week. Perhaps In time even I will be able to LD when I want to, I sure hope so anyway.

ok. For how long have you been exercising?

I wish it were true. In past half year I had 11 LD’s and I really cannot say the subsequent ones were any easier.

-NL

After a while, it gets easier. I’ve been practicing for 4-5 months and get one every other day.

like anything in life you havr to practice to be good at it.

If you want any kind of consistency, you have to give it an amount of effort appropriate to your skill level and talent. That is, talentless old beginners have to try hardest. But I imagine if you keep at it long enough it becomes instinctive like any other skill such as riding a bike.

It also depends on the techniques you use. MILD will always have only a chance of success depending on your skill level, whereas WILD is hit-or-miss, but still influenced by factors like, say, toothache or a stuffy nose.

So even master lucid dreamers probably have their dry spells.

There are these guys who, in weekends, have 10 LDs or so. They WILD, wake up, WILD, wake up, WILD etc. all night. But I haven’t heard of anyone who does that constantly. Word has it WILDing over and over isn’t very nice for the resting part of sleep. I haven’t seen any research, though, so I wouldn’t know.

If you manage to master WILD, or are in really good relations with your subconscious (for incubation, autosuggestion, VILD etc.), you might be able to do it everytime. But then again, you’ll end up not bothering LD every night. Go figure. Of course, even if you RULE, it doesn’t mean you’ll be able to do it every time anyways. It’s not like there’s a bulletproof method.

[quote=“Bruno”]
There are these guys who, in weekends, have 10 LDs or so. They WILD, wake up, WILD, wake up, WILD etc. quote]

ROFL can you imagine doing WBTB like that all night?

I kind of do that when I have an LD… like if I wake up from an LD I just try to get back to sleep straight away but keep thinking about the previous dream and try to get back into that same dream. Works for me all the time. I remember once I had an LD that was an hour long but divided up into 6 parts of 10minutes each because I kept waking up then going back into the exact same dream. LOL :smile:
Is there a technical term for this? re-entering dreams would be my best guess.

Chaining I think?
I do that too. Sometimes I start the old dream over to do something differently.

If u want to become a master at lding u have got to be fully committed to the cause, give it 110%, thats what i did and now i’d say i could prob ld at will if i put the effort in every night but i still ld about every other night without effort.

If u want to become a natural lder it takes a lot of hard work and effort.

My recommendation is when you have your first LD, get just about everyone you see on a regular basis and command them all to remind you that you are dreaming. It works. Unfortunately for me I just never remember to do it when I have a lucid dream, there are much more fun things to do :tongue: .

Also, as I just learned, if you really want a lucid dream, take a two hour nap in the middle of the day, it works wonders. I just woke up an hour ago from a 4-lucid dream session, though it wasn’t exactly the best quality.

Oh, and to answer your question, I personally can’t have an LD every night (well I can, I just don’t practice enough :smile: )

Generally, people get out of it what they put in, in terms of induction. Disregarding naturals and the like, your frequency will be pretty much dependant on how much effort and time you expend.