The Self Hypnosis Topic!

From what I’ve read, Chaos Magick is only evil if you want it to be. Basically the premise of the whole thing is you invoke whichever method/ supernatural being is convenient. Want your pasta to taste especially good? Why not call upon the Flying Spaghetti Monster? Chaos Magick says it doesn’t matter how you do it so long as the intention is there. The key is being able to entirely switch beliefs, and that’s the hard part. With some practice, I was able to switch from Atheism to an honest belief in Hinduism, then back again. Quite an interesting experience…

There is no such thing as Black Magic. This term was coined by people who feared things they don’t understand or were too single minded to learn the truth and just worked on a the basis of hear-say.

Magic[k] is magic, there is no good magic and there is no evil magic. Jesus healed the sick, many people would consider that a form of magic.

Magic is a tool and nothing more, only the practitioner is good or evil.

A knife is also a tool, but a knife can be used to kill people, but does that make the knife evil?

Anything can be used for bad purposes, even your pillow, you choose how you want to use a tool and you choose how you want to use magick.

I wanted to mention something on the “Satanism” mention in your post too, but that would likely drag this way off topic. :tongue:

crawls out of his cave
You know some day I thought I could come to this forum and see something that wouldn’t make me cringe at its inaccuracies.

1. Magick with a k is an invention of Aleister Crowley (A Magick Life - Martin Booth, Wikipedia)
  2. Any pagan or chaos magician worth his salt knows this
  3. GAH! Are you guys purposely making me cringe at your on this subject…
  4. Thankyou Mohegan for clearing a lot of this up so I didn’t have to.

crawls back to his cave

well, thanks for clearing this up guys!

I found this site pretty informative about sigil magic:

https://home.comcast.net/~max555/book/Sigils.html

Anyone used sigil magic to induce a lucid dream?

Did it work?

I had 4 LDs in three days thanks to a Sigil. Yes, it works. Very well. Sigil-Induced Lucid Dream. :wink:

You should write that up Genkai, some others may like to try it out. :smile:

How would I go about writing it up, Mohegan? PM a Mod or something?

Why don’t you post it in The MAGICK Topic!

… I just did, didn’t I Tsondru? :confused:

May 31, is coming up, and it will be the blue moon. A blue moon is when there are two full moons in the same month. It only occures about every three, and a half years. I think it will be a good time for magik, and spell performing. I think dreams will allso be effected by it. I cant wait.

Allso, this whole think with people(mostly christans) saying magic is evil really pisses me off. Wicca is a peacfull religion, and it is not evil. They respect mother earth, and allso live by the Wiccan creed. “An it harm none, do what ye will” They know that if they send out a spell to harm someone it will come back to bite them in the ass three folds. Satnisem is not in anyway related to Wicca.

Although many Christians are like that (products of the way they grew up) you will be pleased to know that most of my friends (at least the ones who i can stay up all night talking to) are christian, but still think there is something to all this magik stuff.

One of them still needs some convincing, however :hmmm:

anyway i hope my dreams are affected for the better by this blue moon

also, i never know there WERE blue moons, or what they were called.

now i actually get the phrase “once in a blue moon” :lol:

Yeah, I guess. I got the feeling Mohegan meant elaborate a little on exactly what you did and how you did it for the benefit of others.

Cool about the blue moon, I didn’t know that thanks. :cool:

Just started a Topic on Sigil-Induced LDs.

That bit about the Blue Moon was pretty interesting, Kavaa. Thanks.

Quoted for truth. But Satanism isn’t evil either, and is similar to Wicca. The main difference is that Satanists believe they are their own gods. But the Witch’s Crede also applies to them. People tend to get confused due to the word “Satan”, but they have nothing to do with the christian Satan.

Well dont I feel like hypocrite? I was speaking out of ignorance. I just assumed that Satanism was worshiping satan. Ill have to study Satanism now. I pictured it as dorks running around sacraficing animals, and drinking goat blood.

If Satanism follows the wiccan crede, why does the Satanic Bible have a destruction spell in it?

As they believe to be their own gods, they admittedly do believe in there being no real consequences besides earthly ones. So in a way it’s more of a bastardization of the Rede. (apologies for not making that clear)

The majority of satanists have no interest in destruction though, as it benefits no one.

hmm, evocation/invocation magick seems cool. Although I’ve read lots of stories on BAD experiences with this type of magick. Has anyone ever tried evocation?