Normal dreams vs. Lucid dreams

I can’t seem to have lucid dreams, It seems I have normal ones but it still feels like I have some control, just not enough to change the dream. For instance I can grab at someone but I cannot hold them…

Also when I do have possible lucidity I try to go through a wall or something and end up with either all white or all black before waking up…

Also I have problems staying alert during WILD. Note that I do attempt this at night, because I don’t really have aschedule that allows me to try at other times, butI should have alittle more flexibility in the summer…

Any help thank you, and from what I have seen excellent website.

Well-- first of all, do you realise you’re dreaming in these dreams? Perhaps you can try to take more control in the dreams you feel you have a little. It took some practice for me, personally, when I was getting started to get control… I eventually just learned how to stabilize my dreams by not getting excited, then expecting full complience from my dream! :D~

And I hear alot of people have trouble going through walls- getting stuck or waking up! I would go for different powers first to master… summoning and flying are fun :D~ Once you get the hang of it, walls will be much easier because you can expect to succeed :D. You should do that by the way-- When doing anything in dreams, you should expect it to happen, and with practice it will ^^.

As for the WILDing…? I hear that doing it at night is difficult because the brain releases chemicals that make it difficult to stay conscious and aware at night… The schedule I can understand-- But first of all, make sure not to focus too much on the HI, because it is hypnotic and will put you to sleep… Secondly, counting and imagining you’re going down steps works well as well-- 1 to 100, then back… To stay aware at least! Wiping away thoughts once you realise they’re there is helpful as well ^^.

But still-- Why don’t you try setting your internal clock to wake you? I expect to wake at a certain time ( with help from my characters) and I do–. Then I can try to preform WILD if I chose to in the morning, before I go back to sleep. Waking after 4 and a half, 6 to even 7 and a half hours of sleep can make for good times to go back to sleep, as these will be longer rem periods-- more sleep the better!

Hope that helped! ^^
With hopes you succeed,
~Talon!

A Lucid Dream is defined by the characteristic of KNOWING that you are dreaming while you are dreaming, NOT by control.

Dream Control was NOT one of the things found by the anthropologists who had come from the islands expounding the native traditions of Lucid Dreaming. That was something they super-imposed and tried to popularize. But when one looks at the True Cultures of Lucid Dreaming, the criteria sought was simple Awareness.

Knowing that you are dreaming increasing a Dream’s Intensity. It is the Intensity of a Lucid Dream that brings all the benefits.

If one Controls a Dream, then one Disrupts a Dream.

If one Controls a Dream, then one is at War with the Higher Dream Mind.

If you Take Control, who are you taking the Control from?

Take a look at this essay “The Selling of the Senoi” by Dr. Ann Faraday… she was around when Lucid Dreaming first took off, and she knows all the truth behind all the lies. sawka.com/spiritwatch/selling.htm

Then what about all the people, like me, who experienced controllable lucid dreams from their childhood before they could even read? This doctor, or any other scientist, didn’t invent lucid dreaming.

If we take control in our dream we take it from our subconscious

Surely one’s “Higher Dream Mind” deserves a break now and then? If I were the “Higher Dream Mind,” I’d welcome all attempts by a do-it-yourself dreamer to control the dream.

:wink:

First off, thank you Talon arana, I will work more on realizing that the dream, is occuring while Im in it and ill try to your advice on working up to a certain level of control and when to wake up during the night.

Secondley is it just me or does it seem suspicious that Leo Volont chose not to register… It could just be a troll…

XDD You’re welcome! ^^
However-- Leo is right, the definition of a lucid dream is to realise you are dreaming-- by realising you can work on control ^^
I really do wish you the best of luck!

Have a sweet lucid tonight~! ^^
~Talon

I appreciate what Leo stated. I do come from a spiritual perspective, where control is an issue (ego), and blocks truth, etc. I suppose possibly we become more open to greater things than we could have hoped for, or imagined, when we try to control less and be an ‘open channel’ more. :wink:

One could do everything in a lucid dream without controlling the dream. Because dream control is just what we call it. We are in effect only controlling ourselves no matter what we do in a dream. Everything is possible, it 's no different from a normal dream in that regard. We can fly we can change the scenery, we just don’t think about it. It not CONTROLLING, it’s just DOING.
For instance, changing the scenery wich could be seen as maybe the most controlling thing you do. How do you do it? Fly there? that just going away, not controlling. Teleporting, the same. Changing piece by piece, Can’t we say that is just rearranging, refurnishing. Just DOING. Controlling yourself, not the dream. Ultimates we are only controlling what we see and hear and feel etc. Wich is youself.
See, you can dance around the term and call it something else. Sweet freedom!