Telling dream characters they are in my dream.

Just woke up from a nap. I woke up at 5:30 in the morning stayed up and read stuff until around 10. Went back to sleep, had alarm at twelve and then put it to 1300.

In my first dream I was in a strange huge house, i went to a room with windows and door, where outside there were elephants and some other animals which had microsoft flags or something on them. I already knew the house was haunted or atleast very strange, but when i saw those animals with ms on them i knew something was wrong with the place.
I noticed a dog came sniffing to the door which was open so i quickly left the room and closed the door behind me, to avoid any encounter with them.
I hear a radio is on, Then I bump into this big fellow who walks from somewhere with a strange double pupil in his eye. I say hello try to be polite since i didnt know where i was. apparently he lived downstairs (which would be the basement since we were on ground floor) he tells me hes a painter and i look at some picture he was making. Then I get this dejavu kind of feeling and realise that I saw a dream where this happened already. I tell him that i had a precog dream about this moment. Then we start walking somewhere and i loose him since some woman who wants to eat me or something chases me.

The second dream Im talking to some fellow as we are walking somewhere. I cant recall what we were talking about, but remember telling him im talking to him in my dream. I tell him id like to talk to him again too, because When i say that, it seems like the reality flutters, and i was scared i would wake up back into real world. Then more people appear around us…
and then dont quite reach lucidity.

Ive told dream characters before that they are in dream or i am dreaming, but somehow dont quite become lucid. It seems something happens around me when Im about to get totally lucid, as if to distract me from waking into lucidity. I think its ironic i can say in my dream that I am dreaming, without gaining complete lucidity.
How can I beat this? Does it happen to others? and is it similar?

Well, some Dream Characters are ‘real’ and others are merely part of the dream scenery. How can you tell the difference? Dream Characters that have souls like yourself, or who are Angels, they have dream powers like you … the most useful and noticeable power is that they can levitate and fly. I never take any Dream Character seriously unless when I lift off the ground, they lift off the ground also.

Now, you problems with going Lucid may sourse from from problems regarding what you do with your Lucidity. Many Lucid Dreamers use their Lucidity in order to do battle with their Higher Dream Minds – they attempt to take over total dream control and destroy all of their Dreams… all the Wisdom and Knowledge from the Collective Consciousness, they would throw away in order to assert their own small imaginations… mostly for reasons of having virtual sex. If this is what you do with Lucidity, then of course your Dream Mind will fight you.

You need to cooperate with your Dream Higher Mind. Remember that Lucidity is realizing you are dreaming. It does not mean Control. You should control yourself, just like always. But you should accept the Dream Scene as given. if you think the Dream Scene is beneath your status or dignity, then make the choice and Fly Away, but don’t try to change it… that would be cheating.

I used to enjoy flying, maybe way too much. Then I eventually learned that by flying I would eventually lose energy and altitude and be forced to land into what would turn out to be the Perfect Lucid Dream… a Dream that had apparently been created and set aside for just such a perfect moment.

Sounds very sensible, thanks for the tips. I usually dont realise that I can fly, so I dont take off, and keep going on with the dream.

Its funny u mention some DC’s are real. Because I almost asked about that myself, sometimes I get the most distinct feeling that some characters are real and that perhaps they are other people who are dreaming and we end up in the same dream… When I told the DC in the second dream that I am talking to him in my dream I think they kind of grinned at me, as if they already knew all along. Also I do not know if it was last night or two nights ago when i voiced my intent to meet my spirit guide, but perhaps that was them, because they did not go quiet or start talking about something else (which I suspect dream characters have done in the past.

Also at the end of the walk I went down steps to the beach and jumped onto the beach when I just sank into the sand until my arm pits. Some gang people jumped making the sand tremble with an uncomfortable sensation. When I climbed out one of them came at me in an aggressive manner slandering something or so… I immediately assumed that he wasnt pissed off at me but at some other thing, and found out his brother and someone else had been put into prison, and I hug him. We talk about something or are figuring something out, when my phone rings and i wake up, so i cant remember the end… actually remembering conversations is tough… But this last person seemed like a real person, not a guide or made up character… ne thoughts about running into real life ppl in dreams?

Oh, keep in mind that there are two kinds of Dream Guides – Male and Female… that is Wise Old Men and Goddess Oracles. Now the way that works is that the Goddess Oracles will always seem to Point the Way, to give Direction, to Guide. The Women Guides in your dreams will tell you how to get to Tomorrow’s Dream or Tomorrow’s Realization. But the Men, the Wise Old Men will be the Instructors, they will tell you what to do right now, or what to think right now, for how you are top adapt for the situation you are in right now.

Women point.

Men instruct.

You really need both.

Leo Volont, may I say that there are two very opposing views to lucid dreaming? One is from a spiritual perspective, and one is from a scientific perspective. The spiritual perspective might say that what you’re saying is true, but the scientific perspective argues (and quite validly) that it’s all just in your mind, and that if what you experience in the dream does in fact agree with what you just said, it’s merely because you were expecting it to happen.

So what you’ve said is very open to argument and debate.

thegeek: There are some realms on the edge of the limit where debate is void, it’s those places where things just are what they are. Neuroscience can explain basic mental mechanisms but the higher psyche is pretty much unexplored territory, precisely because science lacks the tools, and true enough the perspective to delve there.

“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than can be dreamt of, in our Phylosphy” - Hamlet.

I’m not defending one point of view or another, but you gotta admit, science is just as empirical as, say, shamanism when it comes to explaining the dream realm.

My personal opinion is that the truth is somewhere inbetween :wink:

SoulOfTheReaver, like you said, that is your personal opinion, and it is very open to personal opinion. That’s the problem. My personal opinion, if you care to know, is a purely scientific perspective, because I don’t really believe in Shamanism. But I have no disrespect for your point of view.

I only argued my point because Leo was presenting his opinion as solid fact, which is an overly opinionated way to say it.

Fair enough mate, to each his own :smile: But as oneironauts we’re here to explore so do keep an open mind. You might discover beautiful things. :peek:

Right, as I said, it’s extremely debatable. Keeping an open mind was exactly my point, and exactly what Leo was not doing :wink:

an LD is the only place you can be truly free. don’t waste it by sucking up to your higher dream mind. Why not have sex, then ask the bed you didn’t on for some direction in your life.
let’s just have fun.

I don’t think dreams(lucid or otherwise) have any more importance in one’s life than that which we assign them…Whether we use them to indulge in rich fantasies or as a tool of divine introspection, I think the point is just to do what suits you–there is no right or wrong way to dream.

In response to cyril’s original question, maybe you say that you’re dreaming but deep down you don’t believe it. You mention being distracted, I doubt this would occur if you knew for a fact that you were in a dreamland. What you need is proof, something concrete that will confirm your suspicions that you are asleep. I think the best thing would be reality checks. Yeah, this was probably not what you wanted to hear, but from personal experience I have found that unless you are talented/seasoned enough to be able to just know(and manipulate from there), you will need them. Remember to keep up with your DJ (that darn dream journal!) and you should be good to go. :cool_laugh:

Ryan