question about nightmares

Hi

Okay,so we moved into this house about 6-7 months ago and so far I’ve had 5-6 nightmares.The weird part is that I don’t recall having nightmares in my old house,they started when we moved here.Most of them always involve my sister ( we aren’t in good relations unfortunately ) always turning into the little girl from the movie exorcist and attacking me.I always survive and manage to get away even when she stabbed me in the stomach once.The last nightmare was a few days ago.I was wondering could the moving caused these nightmares and how? :eh:

Yes,I know it’s a silly question,but please answer :wink:

I just read the book “Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming” of Stephen LaBerge and there is an chapter on dealing with nigthmares, I sugest the book to everyone interested in LD, but the main tip is that you should never run from trouble in a dream, instead you should aproach your sister (in the dream) and talk to her kindly.

I don’t know that much about nightmares, Shake, but yes, I think the combination of a move and the poor relationship with your sister can contribute to an increased amount of unpleasant dreams. Since you’ve clearly identified your sources of stress, now you need to find productive ways to overcome the feelings. Try opening up the channels of communication with your sister, and do fun things in your new home so as to create positive memories of the place. Maybe re-watch The Exorcist and note the corniness and old-school effects (this might help you kill your horror movie dream theme). You could also try using affirmations to overcome nightmares. Tell yourself before going to bed (or at any other point in your day, I suppose): “I have only pleasant dreams. My sister and I get along great. I love my new home. I love my life and it shows in my dreams.” Some people may think this technique is silly, but reaffirming to your subconscious is a very effective means of overcoming something.

Above all, think positively and don’t dwell on your nightmares. Don’t even run through them in your mind upon waking. You’re only giving power to them by focusing on them. Instead, think of the many other good dreams you have each night, and remind yourself that you will have more and more of them. Think about what you want in life. If you want a good relationship with your sister, visualize a good relationship with your sister. This concept can be applied to anything and everything and does wonders.

Hope this helps. :smile:

thanks for the help :smile:

btw. I like my new home.Just to clear things up :content: