LD4ALL 23rd Anniversary Party

I -think- I had a lucid dream last night

Author  Message 
Soragu
Somniologist
Somniologist

I -think- I had a lucid dream last night
PostPosted: Sun 27 May, 2007  Reply with quote

Last night I did a reality check in my dream, by looking at my hand, and realised I was dreaming. But I didn't have any control, and it felt like a normal dream. It's horrible to realise I could've had a great lucid dream, but I failed to get lucid at all. Is there any way to increase my lucidity? I need to learn how to get in control, I couldn't do it that night, it was just a normal dream.

help! help! help!

keepenitreal
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

I've heard that rubbing your hands together helps to increase sensations, bringing you deeper into lucidity.

Soragu
Somniologist
Somniologist

keepenitreal wrote:
I've heard that rubbing your hands together helps to increase sensations, bringing you deeper into lucidity.

grin

Zz
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer

Yeah, I've tried that a few times and it seems to make lucid dreams longer and clearer. I tmakes colours stand out more, once I did it when it was black and white and colours appeared.It also just seems to make you more aware of the dreaming state.

Soragu
Somniologist
Somniologist

Zz wrote:
Yeah, I've tried that a few times and it seems to make lucid dreams longer and clearer. I tmakes colours stand out more, once I did it when it was black and white and colours appeared.It also just seems to make you more aware of the dreaming state.

Sounds just like what I need. Thanks a lot for the help, both of you. I'll try it out ASAP.

altheman9993
Is this a dream?
Astral Explorer
altheman9993 has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

Zz wrote:

Ooooh, I'l have to try that.

Current LD goal(s): Short term goal: Practise WILD. Long term goal: Achieve lucidity at will.
Zz
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer

But when you do really focus on your hands and the sensation of runbbing them, and whilst doing it just gather all your thoughts about lucid dreaming. I am dreaming, I can do what I want, everything feels so real, what did I say I'd do in a lucid dream etc... I think doing something like rubbing your hands helps this becasue if you try and gather all your thoughts while standing still you might wake up because you're not doing anything. It's also good to do if you ever start thinking about waking up, because if you think about waking up, you probably will unless you take immediate action.

Also, take things slowly, believe that you have all the time in the world to do what you want and if ever you feel your actions becoming controlled just say something like THIS IS MY DREAM, or 'INCREASE LUCIDITY'(Even if this does feel really stupid). I made the mistake of rushing to get things done becasue I worried the lucid dream wouldn't last long, but I woke up anyway because I was rushing.

Soragu
Somniologist
Somniologist

Wow, I've learned a lot in this thread. This'll save me a bunch of mistakes, thanks!

Beanmaster
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Wed 30 May, 2007  Reply with quote

No, Rubbing your hands is for Stabilising your Dream-Body.
You get the feeling in your hand->of your DB
many LD's aren't that lear or end soon, because as soon as you act you move your real body and wake up.
Stabilize your DB

Zz
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer

You don't move your real body when you act in a dream becasue you are paralysed.

Beanmaster
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

I know, but dream/=paralyzed
I just meant that many people move their real people because they act to fast in the first second of the LD.
And look at the eyes, if you don't stabilize the Db, you can get out of REM much more easier than with a stabilized body, because eyes are not paralized

print