MUzIC

Beck is amazing as well. He is pure genius.
And yes, all of Radiohead is definitely my favorite! :grin:

I just got this album the other day. Is anyone else into this?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El-P
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I%27ll_Sle … %27re_Dead

I’ll listen to just about anything. The jazz genre really appeals to me. Techno. Especially DJ Tiesto… he’s good. I probably listen to Korean rock and J-Pop more than anything. I loathe rap with a passion (I don’t know… it just hasn’t been the same since the end of the 90s. I really liked A Tribe Called Quest and Will Smith. Eminem and 2Pac. None of the new stuff is at all what I would call music).

The Beatles have a lot of good stuff. I think I’m partial to the older generation stuff. From the 90s and back with a few exceptions to the 2000s. shrugs

R&B. Classical. Heavy Metal. Country… Yeah, I’ll listen to anything as long as it’s substantial in meaning.

Techno/Trance
Hip Hop
(yep i now its perverse to hear both but i do it)
Classic
Ambient

A queer mix I know…but well thats my taste :smile:

Me :grin:

Atreyu,Cradle Of Filth,Trail Of Tears,Type O Negative, Napalm Death And Slipknot those are my bands
[/quote]

uhh, classic rock, all the way

who’s with mah?

grindcore, powerviolence, skramz.

Oh you young wippersnappers with your crazy shenanigans. Oh wait, I’m young.

Folk Rock.
Indie Pop/Rock.
Electronic.

I can’t stand grindcore/emo metal… ugh, it’s just disgusting grunting noises to extremely bad guitar. And it’s for emo people.

i love classic rock, rap, blues, and reggae!!, ya man

Classic rock owns all!

Also I can’t pass up Alternative, metal, Rock, blues, jazz, pretty much anythign as long as it’s not that rap crap.

Bjork, if you’ve heard her, you know she’s her own Genre =D

Metal and Alternate metal and rock and stuff!!!

She’s my favourite female artist. I love her voice and the music behind her is always exciting and new sounding.

Symphonic power metal is my favorite.

Despite the songs there, I also like odd instruments like didgeridoo and hang drums.

youtube.com/watch?v=pyDeqPm58zw

youtube.com/watch?v=RjIW_lByX2Y

And then there’s the famous bhangra song Tunak Tunak Tun.

youtube.com/watch?v=p6zCWbKW-GE

Death Metal,Black Metal,Gothic Metal,Grindcore, Doom Metal And My New Favorite Genre Sludge Metal. O Yes I Also Like A Little Classic Rock

To me Savage Garden were in a league of their own. I always found their and later on Darren Hayes’ music to be amazing. :smile: and a new song now too XD Buhhhaaaa…It’s the only CD I would actually buy. I also find that Queen are uncomparable.

But, does anyone have any bands they feel REALLY stand out? Or a singer? :smile:

Ahh, music! Love it.

These are in my collection at the moment: Tool, mu-ziq, Boards of Canada, Aphex Twin, Jethro Tull, Men Without Hats, Nine Inch Nails, Mindless Self Indulgence, Mr Bungle, Tomahawk, Muse, Nirvana, A Perfect Circle, Rage Against the Machine, Squarepusher, Rufus Wainwright, Sufjan Stevens, Venetian Snares, Marilyn Manson…

And believe me, if I had more money, I could fill it up a whole lot more. :razz:
I want to buy some Fantômas, more albums of the above bands, some more jazz (Weather Report, maybe, and some classic jazz), and lots more…

EDIT: About the singer thing, I think Maynard James Keenan is an amazing singer…

Two of my favourites are Bjork and Jeff Buckley - As singers and songwriters they’re special and passionate people.