Windows... VISTA!

I’ve always used a Mac and quite frankly I think OSX works a hell of alot better than XP.

Vista hasn’t been out long enough to really say much about it.

Windows have always been the first choice by gamers, Linux is the safest, Mac is the… Well I have no idea but apparently it’s good, and Windows is the gamers choice.

Mac has no Viruses and is very user friendly.

Yes the amount of games available are limited but we have a few that count like Starcraft, WoW, Warcraft, Diablo, Diablo 2 and more than likely Starcraft2

All systems have no viruses when they are first installed. But depending on what sites you visit, the chances of getting a Virus, Since Windows and Mac are both big-in-use operating systems, Viruses are generally designed for both.

In about a year, I’m going to go to college and get a new computer. Probably a laptop. And also probably a mac.

I’ve had a Dell with windows forever, and I have friends who have macs. They definitely win.

I have also NEVER seen a single virus on a mac.

So, I will probably never get windows Vista :tongue:

Macs? They’re not used by many people, no one I know has a Mac, although more and more people are getting them (although I’ve never seen one in real life, out of a tv or anything).

But yeah, Mac OSX is waaaay better than Windows. Linux also rocks. Way better than windows and it’s free. Only problem is you can’t have any software on it that isn’t GPL or whatever it’s called, I think.

:eh: What? Macs are used everywhere!!!

While we’re on the subject of Macs, I wanted to post this quote from the user agreement for iTunes. I’ve been wanting to post this here for awhile but there was no suitable topic.

:lol:

I’m not getting vista until the games require it

on the topic of PC vs Mac, i really think it’s preference

But i don’t like the mac commercials dragging about how you can “make movies” with it.

First off, just because you have a mac, doesn’t mean you can make good movies (or movies in general, you need a camera too :tongue:)

Also, as the old saying goes, “A bad artist always blames his tools”. I make moveis fine on PC. Sure there are some problems with using it, but i’m sure i can manage some minor inconveniences (moviemaking is stressful enough anyway, what’s a little more? :grin:

well i guess i kinda started ranting there :razz: my bad.

yeah i don’t have linux and don’t really desire to learn it, so meh.

XP is fine for me, so i’m not complaining.

Vista is a nice OS, unfortunately too many programs including important software like many AV and Firewalls don’t work with it.

Vista is not worth it at this time. I’m not planning on getting a new PC, but if I ever upgrade to Vista it won’t be before SP1 is launched. Give them time to get rid of the huge security issues that are already known about and the 3rd party companies to get updated software and drivers to support it.

what?! I’ve never seen a Mac in my life… hmm, maybe my town is owned my Microsoft or something.

My mother bought herself an eMachine fairly recently (despite my warnings about them being crap) with Vista Basic on it. When I was helping her get everything set up, I felt like pulling my hair out. Vista is such a memory hog, and I despise it’s constant
“Err, hey there, I couldn’t help but notice you clicked something. Are you sure you really want to do that? I wouldn’t, if I were you…”

Very much suxxor, at least until the service packs.

My emachine works perfectly

I think it’s Dells that suxxor!

I’d have to say that for videogames (which are what I use my computer for when I’m not online) Vista is horrible because it doesn’t have the greatest drivers/ has buggy drivers and a bunch of other bugs. I’m gonna wait until at least winter to buy it myself.

Vista is the reason my next computer will be a Linux. Never seen something which abhorred me so much, computer–wise.

Vista sucks. Nothing works on it, it’s full of bugs, and it’s way too controlling.

What is Linux?(i know it’s an operationg system, but details?) A friend was complaining because she has Linux and said she cant download music off the internet, because of the operating system’s restrictions. I don’t know if she’s just bad with computers and thinks she has this restriction, or if it’s really there. I didn’t care enough to delve further.

It’s not exactly an operating system. It’s more like a a series of recommendations, so if a system follows those recommendations, it’s a Linux. Like a standard…

In that sense, there are distributions of Linux for all kinds of uses: personal use, web server, bank management, home firewall, sound system, remote computer, refrigerator etc. Some are really user unfriendly, some are by far friendlier than Windows. All it takes is downloading the right one.

For you to have one home, I’d recommend Ubuntu: it’s the best.

Of course, there are many uses you can give to a computer, and you might find a distro (that’s the lingo for a Linux distribution) which suits your needs better. But since you don’t look like a programmer, an obsessed gamer or a virtuoso hacker from this side of the screen, I guess Ubuntu is indeed the best choice for you.

Configuring Linux can be a pain in the arse, just like configuring Windows can. So don’t forget to call your nerdy friend and have him do it for you. (Oh, and if he doesn’t tell the “root’s password”—I won’t bother explaining what it is now—you sink his head down the toilet vase, will you? :yes:)

No such a problem.

but there is something about software you can’t use on it because Linx distributions are free… I know I read that somewhere.

No such a problem either.

well then LINUX IS THE WAY TO GO, FOLKS!

thanks for the info Bruno.

and also, I remember what it was that you supposedly weren’t able to use with Linux - it was drivers!