Was this a dream.

Last night i though i may have had a lucid dream.
I didn’t use any technique although i’ve had this a couple of times before.

I drempt that a horse bit my finger and it really hurt. I felt it hurting throughout the dream and then i woke up really suddenly.
For the first five minutes i still felt me finger hurting although i had not done anything to it. It stayed this way untill i stood up and shook the life into it.

Please help, i’m not very good at this. :grin:

maybe your finger hurt in real life because you were lying on it and that is why you had that dream and not the other way around! when my hand goes numb while sleeping i dream that i have no hand or that i cant move it or that i am tied to something and so on…

Do you conclude you had a LD because you felt the pain in the waking state or were there other elements?

Well basically i was laid in my normal position, i woke not lying on it. It was my index finger and that was the only one that hurt. Surely if i had been laid on it my whole hand would have gone numb, not just my index finger.
I think that i was aware that i was LDing but just carried on. I just thought it strange that it still hurt when i had done nothing… :help:

It could just be the dream incorporating reality, the way that it does with some noises in your physical environment.

I sometimes get cramp in my back and more often than not something happens in my dream to correspond to (and maybe attempt to explain) this new feeling.

It could also be something else. The only time I’ve ever felt physical pain in a dream was a few years ago. I wasn’t involved in the storyline - it was more a vision type of dream - and experienced the pain one of the two men felt. It was so strong that I woke up.

I was sleeping in my usual position and after all that time, I still can’t figure out what could have caused it.

Are you suggesting a premonition or forewarning? Something mystical? Or maybe just your mind recognising something in the dream that would cause pain and therefore simulating it’s effects on your phisical body?

Well, it was something mystical in my case. I had the dream the night following an initiation to an energy system and it looked more like some kind of memory than a dream. The content was very unusual.

It was seriously weird to me because I had never felt pain in a dream before or ever since. Until recently, I wouldn’t have any sense of taste or smell either. If you think about what happened in your life when you dreamt of this, you might find an answer. Maybe it didn’t mean anything at all.

It’s either that or your subconscious was probably telling you to stay away from horses. lol.