The lucidity challenge - LC1, LC2 and LC3

If you miss the last sign up (BY ONE!!! argh) can you have different people sign up for a different task…(like every month or something…) maybe,perhaps,hopefully… :content: batseyelids

Task maker: ian1
1: onorm) 0 points
2: TwoSticks) 0 points
3: astraea) 0 points
4: KingMikeII) 0 points
5: Magnus) 0 points
6: SRV73) 0 points
7: Wyvern) 0 points
8: TimeLess) 0 points
9: renshuden) 0 points
10: -=JaSoN=-) 0 points

Okay. Time for us to begin.

I will start off with something easy. Your first task is to find something with text on it, and memorize what it says, then post it here after waking up. Try to remember at least a sentence of the text.
Read the text, but forget what it says = 5 points
Read the text and remember the basic idea of what it says, but not word-for-word = 20 points
Remember word-for-word less than a sentence = 25 points
Remember word-for-word a sentence or more = 30 points

The text can be on anything, from a book, to a news paper, to a roadsign, to anything else. This shouldn’t be too hard to find.

Good luck!

:wink: done and done . what time have you got now bro?

Wait. What? You say you’ve already done the task? But it isn’t even the next day yet! And even if you did do it, you would have to actually post the dream in this thread.

Edit: Oops. Just read your PM. Well, timezones seem to present a problem. I still need to think of how we can figure this out.

no i havent done it yet, done and done is slang term here for ummm… too easy like its already done… does that make sense.

Oops. Sorry about that. I have heard that before, and would have recognized it better if you didn’t put the word easy after it. Oh well. I guess that is insignificant anyway.

ok removed easy from it :content:

what made you choose reading btw? i have always found recalling text a rather difficult thing to do

Well, I thought text would be easy to find in the dream. Remembering it will be a challenge, though. I guess I didn’t want it to be too hard, or too easy.

Anyway, if you find today’s task boring, don’t worry. Tomorrow’s will be a lot better. :content:

no actually i find it quite interesting and it is also a good way to improve recall and lucidity ability. every skill gets better with practice and this is a good way to practice it.

But i still think that you should let it run for more then one night, otherwise the cause of time differences may be rather difficult

yes, concerning time-differencies, I had to stay up to 2:00 in the night before I went to sleep so I could know what to do

but atleast I got a relevant dream:

The classparty
I remember Arshia and Tobbe,(probably some more persons from my old class), I remember a deck of cards too, I don’t remember at who’s house we where in, but In the dream, it was like I had 2 dreams that was exactly the same, at the same time, it felt like this dream had 2 layers. I suddenly, remembered that this second classparty was exactly like my first classparty in real life and that got me lucid.
I was in my room now, and I felt I didn’t have much Lucid-time left, but I remembered the lucidity challenge, and looked at a line on the June-month in my Donald duck-almanack but then I decided that was to hard to remember, so I looked at the back of a book instead and tried to remember some sentences
But now when I’m awake I don’t remember the text.

This challenge was a very good idea, I got a LD when I hadn’t had a LD for a long time. :content:

I did not get lucid and did not remember the task to read something on purpose but did read some pages of a book!! And the recall is quit awsome with a “motivation” :tongue:

First task, Day One - 9h44:
Forgetting school bag and room number for math exam
[ND]It was rainning and I walked towards the main door of CEGEP (school after highschool and before college/university) . Near the entrance, I met G, old buddy from elementary school. I aksed him if he had an exam today, and he said he had just had his last one. Then, I told him I had mine soon and when I checked for my school bag, I did not have it. I was really worried because my pencils were in that one, and my agenda with the room number and the time it would start. I started to run towards my house.

Once their, I took a quick dip in the pool because there was mud on me. I pulled the “thermal cover” aside (thing with bubbles) and jumped in the 3 feet part. IRL it is 3 feet depth but in that dream, I had water over my head (I should have realized that to get lucid… oh well) . Once cleaned, I went inside my house, did not talk to my parent in the kitchen and went straight to my room. READING PART: I found my math book and read the last pages. There was some text about this session final-exam. There was two different time, one in the morning a t 10h00 that got me worried at first (thought I missed the exam) and a second one, at 14h10 (100% sure about those times) in a weird room number I don’t remember. (Might have been something like RS-10xx, but not sure at all about that number.) I got all my things, put 'em in my school bag, then the phone rang. It was my aunt but she was not talking to me. She was doing a prank call to someone else and she wanted me to hear it i guess…[/ND]

Thats all for day one!!
Thanks Ian1, this game will get better and better and is already fun!! Can’t wait for tonight!

The timezones are really annoying! I was only able to stay up until 12.30 (4.30PST) so I couldn’t find out what the task was… I’ll probably have to be a day behind.

Nada…only got 4 hrs of sleep last night :grrr: . But i gotta free night tonight we’ll see what happens :content:

ACK! Sorry guys. Just remember that the deadline is not 4:00. That is just when I assign the task. The deadline is 8:00 PM the day after the day the task is assigned. You have over a day to complete the task and post it…
But even so, timezones still present a problem. How about I make this rule: if you do not live in the united states, your deadline is not 8:00 PM PST the next day, but 4:00 PM PST the day after the next day. That way, you can still get the 10 point bonus.

Anyway, I am not going to give the scores yet. I still have to wait until 8:00 for that. I will, however, give you your next task.

Current task: Meet a fictional character in your dream. The character must be from a real work of fiction. Characters from books, TV shows, video games, and other such things are accepted.
See the character, but don’t get his or her attention = 10 points
Get the character’s attention, but nothing more happens involving the character = 20 points
Get the character’s attention and the character says something to you = 30 points
You have an actual conversation with the character = 40 points

Previous tasks:

Day 1) Your task is to find something with text on it, and memorize what it says, then post it here after waking up. Try to remember at least a sentence of the text.
Read the text and remember the basic idea of what it says, but not word-for-word = 20 points

Okay. The scores have arrived.

1: onorm) 30 points (20 points + 10 point bonus)
3: astraea) 0 points
5: Magnus) 45 points (35 + 10 point bonus)

Ok this time zone thing is so confusing! Its 3:47 pm the day after the task was assigned so Im still posting my dream…

I am wagging Latin by going into the back of the art room and suddenly the bell rings. I decide to go and buy something from the school canteen. As i go out side Mr Tobin (the deputy head of my school) comes over to me.
HUGE GAP
I am now standing next to the maths block with this note in my hand it reads: Dont worry about exams love, their just cruel!
And thats the textt I remembered. Didnt get Lucid though :sad:

no dream last night… well no recall :sad:

Current task:

Go to the lucid plaza. If you don’t know what that is, there is a link in my signature that will take you to a page describing it.

Okay, this task is slightly different from the others. Instead of being giving points based on what extent to which you complete the task, I will give you a fixed amount of points for getting to the lucid plaza, and once you get there, there will be several mini-tasks you complete there. Each mini task will add an additional 5 points to your score.

Main task of getting to the lucid plaza = 20 points

Completing mini task(s) = 5 points X amount of mini tasks completed (maximum of 20 points)

Mini tasks)
-Go into the store and retrieve an item from inside, then bring it back outside
-Enter the arcade and engage in one of the activities there
-Go to waterfall island and let one of the up-flowing waterfalls carry you to the top of the rock
-Go to the nexus building and use something there (one of the doors or something inside the building) to go to another environment

Previous tasks:

Day 2) Meet a fictional character in your dream. The character must be from a real work of fiction. Characters from books, TV shows, video games, and other such things are accepted.
See the character, but don’t get his or her attention = 10 points
Get the character’s attention, but nothing more happens involving the character = 20 points
Get the character’s attention and the character says something to you = 30 points
You have an actual conversation with the character = 40 points

Day 1) Your task is to find something with text on it, and memorize what it says, then post it here after waking up. Try to remember at least a sentence of the text.

1: onorm) 30 points
3: astraea) 40 points
5: Magnus) 45 points

Well I dont think I completed the second task… :sad:
What did happen though was I was the fictional character! I was Kat from the movie ‘Ten Things I hate About You’ I dont think this counts but I posted anyway.

Fragmented LD (I’ll probably remember the rest later)

I’m flying down the hall of my old school. Flying is a good way to increase lucidity. I don’t remember the task but do it unintentionally. My Art teacher sees me and wants to show me something. I fly over to see what she wants and she hands me what seems to be a white report card like envelope that said Stephanie Bradshaw

Anyway, I dunno if that counts but I remember that.