2020 Vision

the BIG remembering dreams topic part V

Author  Message 
Irwanday01
Expert Assimilator
Novice dreamer
LD count: LD's: 5

PostPosted: Mon 21 May, 2007  Reply with quote

here is what i do for my wbtb. I use this computer software alarm clock. http://www.ornj.net/citrus/ . I set it to start at like 4 am. You can set it to start an audio track at a specified time. You can set up a bunch of different alarms i have like 8 set, that i use on different days. Anyway, I set it to play a lucid hypnosis mp3 at 4 am. I haven't had lucid yet but i've only been trying for about 5 days. So im not to worried.

Well anyway people with alarm problems should check out the software, it is free and you can set it to play mp3s, and you can set as many alarms as you want.

Flip12

Can't remember many dreams anymore!
PostPosted: Thu 24 May, 2007  Reply with quote

Lately, i haven't been able to remember very many of my dreams, and when i do they're very small fragments, or just disappear a few minutes after i wake up. I'm not sure what's making this happen. whatsthat

Can anybody tell me what's going on, or how to start remembering them again? help!

Astraea
Somniologist
Somniologist
LD count: 10

PostPosted: Thu 24 May, 2007  Reply with quote

You could be going through what is sometimes called a dryspell where you cant remember any or very little of your dreams. It can be caused by stress so maybe you could try and be totally relaxed before you go to sleep. when you first wake up it could also be good to write doen anything you remember in a DJ, if you dont already. Also when you just wake up dont open your eyes straight away but try to remember everything you can about your dreams. I dont know much about it myself but it does happen to me sadblauw and I find it passes eventually. I hope Ive been some help ^^

yus_yus_13
Shitake Mushroom
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Fri 25 May, 2007  Reply with quote

I have a lot of trouble when it comes to remembering dreams. Dream journal definitely aren't helping. What should I do?

Naio
just a dreamer
Lucid Initiate
LD count: not enough

yus_yus_13 wrote:
I have a lot of trouble when it comes to remembering dreams. Dream journal definitely aren't helping. What should I do?

Well, I find it much easier to remember dreams id I am really tired and drop off quickly so you should try it grin

yus_yus_13
Shitake Mushroom
Novice dreamer

renshuden wrote:
yus_yus_13 wrote:

Well, I find it much easier to remember dreams id I am really tired and drop off quickly so you should try it grin

I have. One time I stayed up 3 days in a row.

Graech
Philosophic Dreamer
Somniologist
Scribes

PostPosted: Thu 14 Jun, 2007  Reply with quote

In my opinion the best thing to do is get a specific journal and pen that you will write your dreams in and place it close to your bed. Every time you wake up regardless of the time stay still and do nothing except concentrate on your dreams that you can remember. Then once you have remembered as much as you can, write it down even if it's only impressions or images, more will come. every day you will improve at what you remember.

Another technique is to get a glass of water and put it next to your bed. Then when you get in bed you drink half the cup while telling yourself, "When I drink the rest of this water, I will remember my dreams." The next morning first focus on your dreams, then drink the rest of the water, and then write.

NOTE: In my opinion it is imperative that you keep the journal close to your bed because for me movement destroys my recall.

Bright_Eyes_Rocks
Somniologist
Somniologist

Help Me (dream recall)
PostPosted: Thu 14 Jun, 2007  Reply with quote

<mod>moved from quest forum to the sticky topic in stuff moogle </mod>

Im not a novice LD'er but i still need help with dream recall. Anyone know of any way to make it come back and work really well. Working every night?

imj
Advanced LDer
Lucid Initiate
LD count: Lost Count

Re: Help Me (dream recall)
PostPosted: Fri 15 Jun, 2007  Reply with quote

Bright_Eyes_Rocks wrote:
Im not a novice LD'er but i still need help with dream recall. Anyone know of any way to make it come back and work really well. Working every night?

Hi, I take B complex pills. One at about 9+am and another at 3pm. They are just B complex vitamins not the mixed ones.

IMJ

Hapexamendios
Somniologist
Somniologist

PostPosted: Fri 15 Jun, 2007  Reply with quote

Meditate.

Bright_Eyes_Rocks
Somniologist
Somniologist

PostPosted: Sun 17 Jun, 2007  Reply with quote

Meditate for what? I hope i get my DR working.

Hapexamendios
Somniologist
Somniologist

Bright_Eyes_Rocks wrote:
Meditate for what? I hope i get my DR working.

That's the point.

I noticed after a few sessions on my energy channels/centers etc. that my dream recall was really improving.

himebanana
princess of bananas
Astral Explorer

Astraea wrote:
You could be going through what is sometimes called a dryspell where you cant remember any or very little of your dreams. It can be caused by stress so maybe you could try and be totally relaxed before you go to sleep. when you first wake up it could also be good to write doen anything you remember in a DJ, if you dont already. Also when you just wake up dont open your eyes straight away but try to remember everything you can about your dreams. I dont know much about it myself but it does happen to me sadblauw and I find it passes eventually. I hope Ive been some help ^^

Thanks for this, from me too! smile it helped smile thank you smile

moinsQ
Dream Deity
Dream Deity

PostPosted: Wed 20 Jun, 2007  Reply with quote

Where did my post go? whatsthat
<mod> here Dreams since it was going completely off topic moogle </mod>

Anyway, I truely love dreaming and want to remember as much as possible. I can't wait for the vacation to get around, then I'll have plenty oppertunity to remember my dreams.

Opolious
Philosopher
Somniologist
Opolious has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Wolfgame
LD count: 13

PostPosted: Mon 02 Jul, 2007  Reply with quote

Well i used to start remembering at least two very detailed dreams before but all of a sudden i cant remember anyything.Can you help me?

Current LD goal(s): Meet my spirit guide!

print