The lucidity challenge - LC1, LC2 and LC3

I didn’t manage to complete a task but I did become lucid briefly last night. I realized I was dreaming in some kind of supermarket (I saw shelves with food). It only lasted a few seconds though.

Oh crud. I’m extremely late aren’t I? Sorry…

Current task: Get in a car and drive it, then look for roadsigns that mention something that has to do with lucid dreaming. When you see a roadsign like this, follow the direction it tells you to go and see where you end up.

Get in a car, and start driving, but don’t find anything = 10 points
Get in a car and start driving, and see a roadsign, but don’t get a chance to go where it points = 20 points
Get in a car and start driving, and find a roadsign and follow it and get to where it points = 30 points

Previous tasks:

Day 5) Log onto the LD4all forum in your dream, and read any topic in the dream version of the forums, and try to post in it as well.
Log onto the internet but don’t make it to LD4all = 10 points
Make it to LD4all, but don’t look in any topics on the forum = 20 points
Make it to LD4all and manage to click on the link to a topic and look in it, but don’t manage to read anything, or forget what was said in the topic = 25 points
Make it to LD4all and memorize at least one post in a topic = 30 points

Bonus) post a reply in a topic = an additional 10 points

Day 4) Enter a picture, television screen, or anything else of the like.
Try to go through, but bump into the picture rather than entering it = 5 points
Get part of the way in, but not get through fully = 10 points
Get through, but end up in a place completely different than in the picture = 20
Get through and end up in the place in the picture = 30 points

Day 3) Go to the lucid plaza. If you don’t know what that is, there is a link in my signature that will take you to a page describing it.

This task is slightly different from the others. Instead of being giving points based on what extent to which you complete the task, I will give you a fixed amount of points for getting to the lucid plaza, and once you get there, there will be several mini-tasks you complete there. Each mini task will add an additional 5 points to your score.

Main task of getting to the lucid plaza = 20 points

Completing mini task(s) = 5 points X amount of mini tasks completed (maximum of 20 points)

Mini tasks)
-Go into the store and retrieve an item from inside, then bring it back outside
-Enter the arcade and engage in one of the activities there
-Go to waterfall island and let one of the up-flowing waterfalls carry you to the top of the rock
-Go to the nexus building and use something there (one of the doors or something inside the building) to go to another environment

Day 2) Meet a fictional character in your dream. The character must be from a real work of fiction. Characters from books, TV shows, video games, and other such things are accepted.
See the character, but don’t get his or her attention = 10 points
Get the character’s attention, but nothing more happens involving the character = 20 points
Get the character’s attention and the character says something to you = 30 points
You have an actual conversation with the character = 40 points

Day 1) Your task is to find something with text on it, and memorize what it says, then post it here after waking up. Try to remember at least a sentence of the text.
Read the text, but forget what it says = 5 points
Read the text and remember the basic idea of what it says, but not word-for-word = 20 points
Remember word-for-word less than a sentence = 25 points
Remember word-for-word a sentence or more = 30 points

Task maker: ian1
1: onorm) 30 points
2: TwoSticks) 0 points
3: astraea) 40 points
4: KingMikeII) 30 points
5: Magnus) 45 points
6: SRV73) 0 points
7: Wyvern) 0 points
8: TimeLess) 0 points
9: renshuden) 0 points
10: -=JaSoN=-) 70 points

I’m late yet again… Anyway, here is your final task. It will run until the day after tomorrow at 4:00, and then whoever has the highest amount of points will be the next task maker.

Current task: While awake, post a picture that you found on the internet here in this topic. Then, when you sleep, attempt to visit the location that was in that picture in your dream. The picture must be posted before you have the dream.
Don’t have a picture posted here by the deadline = subtract 10 points from your score
Have a picture posted here before the deadline, but you don’t have any dreams involving the picture = 0 points
You post the picture, and enter the location in your dream = 30 points
BONUS) You may try and gamble your points by posting 2 pictures, and then that night attempting to reach both locations in the same dream. Doing so will earn you 60 points, but if you only reach one of the locations, you will only earn 10 points, rather than the usual 30 points.

Day 6) Get in a car and drive it, then look for roadsigns that mention something that has to do with lucid dreaming. When you see a roadsign like this, follow the direction it tells you to go and see where you end up.

Get in a car, and start driving, but don’t find anything = 10 points
Get in a car and start driving, and see a roadsign, but don’t get a chance to go where it points = 20 points
Get in a car and start driving, and find a roadsign and follow it and get to where it points = 30 points

Day 5) Log onto the LD4all forum in your dream, and read any topic in the dream version of the forums, and try to post in it as well.
Log onto the internet but don’t make it to LD4all = 10 points
Make it to LD4all, but don’t look in any topics on the forum = 20 points
Make it to LD4all and manage to click on the link to a topic and look in it, but don’t manage to read anything, or forget what was said in the topic = 25 points
Make it to LD4all and memorize at least one post in a topic = 30 points

Bonus) post a reply in a topic = an additional 10 points

Day 4) Enter a picture, television screen, or anything else of the like.
Try to go through, but bump into the picture rather than entering it = 5 points
Get part of the way in, but not get through fully = 10 points
Get through, but end up in a place completely different than in the picture = 20
Get through and end up in the place in the picture = 30 points

Day 3) Go to the lucid plaza. If you don’t know what that is, there is a link in my signature that will take you to a page describing it.

This task is slightly different from the others. Instead of being giving points based on what extent to which you complete the task, I will give you a fixed amount of points for getting to the lucid plaza, and once you get there, there will be several mini-tasks you complete there. Each mini task will add an additional 5 points to your score.

Main task of getting to the lucid plaza = 20 points

Completing mini task(s) = 5 points X amount of mini tasks completed (maximum of 20 points)

Mini tasks)
-Go into the store and retrieve an item from inside, then bring it back outside
-Enter the arcade and engage in one of the activities there
-Go to waterfall island and let one of the up-flowing waterfalls carry you to the top of the rock
-Go to the nexus building and use something there (one of the doors or something inside the building) to go to another environment

Day 2) Meet a fictional character in your dream. The character must be from a real work of fiction. Characters from books, TV shows, video games, and other such things are accepted.
See the character, but don’t get his or her attention = 10 points
Get the character’s attention, but nothing more happens involving the character = 20 points
Get the character’s attention and the character says something to you = 30 points
You have an actual conversation with the character = 40 points

Day 1) Your task is to find something with text on it, and memorize what it says, then post it here after waking up. Try to remember at least a sentence of the text.
Read the text, but forget what it says = 5 points
Read the text and remember the basic idea of what it says, but not word-for-word = 20 points
Remember word-for-word less than a sentence = 25 points
Remember word-for-word a sentence or more = 30 points

2: TwoSticks) 0 points
3: astraea) 40 points
5: Magnus) 45 points
6: SRV73) 0 points
7: Wyvern) 0 points
8: TimeLess) 0 points
9: renshuden) 0 points
10: -=JaSoN=-) 70 points

Here is a first location I would try to visit tonigh. Once there, I will ask the name of that girl and see if we can both fit in the “hamack” :smile:

Then, by a teleportation system or in a another dream, I will visit that old place:

For the next week (june 20th to 27th), I will be in Alberta, far from home… so I won’t have access to a computer easily or not at all, so I might not post anything for 7 days.

But, I will ask my brother to check this forum for upcoming tasks and I will keep my notepad next to where I will be sleeping. Hopefuly, I will do one or more task and write the date and dreams details, and post it all whenever I can, or on June 27th.

I’ll be back in the course in 7 days!
good luck you all!

I will try to go here (the Matterhorn)

2: TwoSticks) -10 points
3: astraea) 30 points
5: Magnus) 35 points
6: SRV73) -10 points
7: Wyvern) -10 points
8: TimeLess) -10 points
9: renshuden) -10 points
10: -=JaSoN=-) 60 points

JaSoN wins! He is now the new task maker. You may begin when you choose, JaSon. Remember, you may change the scoring time and the time that tasks are assigned to suit your needs and fit your timezone. As for me, I think I’ll leave this game for now, and leave an open space for someone else to join.

Task maker: -=JaSoN=-
1: onorm
2: TwoSticks
3: astraea
4: KingMikeII
5: Magnus
6: SRV73
7: Wyvern
8: TimeLess
9: renshuden
10:

Im too busy to be the new task maker, im not sure if i can make solid times. So i am willing to pass off the task maker title. Is there anyone else that would want to do it?

Yea Im really busy at the moment so Im gonna leave and let someone else join :content: I had fun playing though :tongue:

I don’t want this topic to die since -=JaSoN=- couldn’t be taskmaker, I’m willing to do it.

Task maker: Magnus
And since it’s been a while since last time, I don’t know how many from the first time that is left, so I decides to start with an empty list, and when the list reaches 10 persons, I will post the first task.
So hurry up and sign up now(keep yourself updated with this topic since I won’t send out any PMs about this).

taskmaker: Magnus
Dreamers:

1. pasQuale
  2. Lizzahy
  3. onorm
  4. Rodrigo
  5. Umbrus

/me signs up :hyper:

:peek: as long as mag doesn’t make ebil tasks like lose the game in your LD or something

I’d love to play, I’m not sure about the time zones, though. Hopefully it’ll work out. Anyway, sign me up! :content:

I will go for a second round!

So, sign me up plz :smile: The first round was fun!

May I suggest to extend the time for one task because in the last days of the week, there were so many possible tasks that it was hard to keep focus, in my opinion.

Hm… sign me up as well, I’ll try it out.

I’d like to join if you don’t taking an LD newbie. I haven’t actually had any Ld’s yet, but I think I’m very close(had a dream about LDing the other day).

I’ll sit out if someone else wants the spot.

don’t worry umbrus you are in.

taskmaker: Magnus
Dreamers:

1. pasQuale
  2. Lizzahy
  3. onorm
  4. Rodrigo
  5. umbrus
  6. ilovelucid
  7. Siiw
  8. TwilightDreamer
  9. Dragon73

This is what we got so far, when we have 5 more persons we will start, and I’ll try and have a solution for the time problem too.

Sign me up!

/me is in :cool:

don’t worry Umbrus, you might consider me as a LD newbie too :smile:

In the last (and first) round of that game, even without getting lucid, I manage to “induce” task into my ND. How great is that!?!

wouldn’t be useful for me to join this, i’d lose every time i joined, because i can’t even remember any of my dreams most nights, i haven’t had an LD in like half a year and i can’t induce actions in dreams either

I want to try. It will be interesting.