EN | NL | FR
Current Wings Quest 128
The Signal

I Just Cant WILD. I Get Too Tired.

Author  Message 

I Just Cant WILD. I Get Too Tired.
PostPosted: Thu 21 Jun, 2007  Reply with quote

I loveee lucid dreaming. Its very unfortunate Im a horrible LDer (ive been trying really hard DJ and everything for about 1 year and ive had about 4) and i just cant remember to RC in dreams, so about a week ago i decided to try WILDs. I wake up at around 730am (early for me), stay up for about 5 minutes, then try to WILD. I lay on my back and relax my body. My problem is that i cant fall asleep on my back, and in any other position i will just fall asleep right away and slip into a normal dream. When i lay on my back, i usually get to the point where my body gets kinda numb and i see flashing colors(the coolest thing is that when i open my eyes about halfway i still see flashing colors), and then i just cant hold it anymore. its just wayy to tiring for me to stay on my back. I really cant explain it since just laying there shouldnt be exhausting, but it is. I end up turning over on my side and instantley fall asleep.

Am i just really weird or does anyone else have this problem? And does anyone have any tips to falling asleep on your back?

wnvoss
Let it down
Dream Deity

I have the exact same problem, except I rarely ever see flashing colors, or anything like that...

DreamerWolf
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

Try staying up for about 20-30 minutes.

Fox201
MadGod
Novice dreamer

Eat 1 chocolate bar and 1 coke 1 hour b4 bed... It will keep you from drifting.

ToBedAndBeyond
Somniologist
Somniologist

PostPosted: Fri 22 Jun, 2007  Reply with quote

i have the same problem as you. i get so close to entering a dream but never quite make it. Its usually my heartbeat that brings me back down because when i notice that im almost dreaming i get too excited.

WILD is tough. Im just gonna keep on practicing.

Basilus West
Cat of Ulthar
LD4all addict
LD count: 199

PostPosted: Fri 22 Jun, 2007  Reply with quote

Quote:
and then i just cant hold it anymore

Why can't you stand it anymore? What happens? How many time do you stay usually on your back until you can't hold it anymore?

jhanastudent
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Mon 25 Jun, 2007  Reply with quote

Trying to WILD is like that, don’t be afraid, I try to WILD many times and the sensations and images that appear are difficult to stand, but you must get used to it and accept them without reaction for one hour or more, hopefully in the future the time will lessen.

Only once I manage to keep calm enough to enter WILD but it worth’s the effort, all the other times you will ND or get up, it’s hard to keep in balance.

PostPosted: Tue 26 Jun, 2007  Reply with quote

The sensation i get is just really hard to explain, and to stand. I dont think it has to do with WILDing, its more just a problem with me sleeping on my back. After a while i feel exhausted, like i just have to go onto my side. Its kinda of like the feeling you get when your strechting and it burns but you hold it, but finally you just can't hold it anymore. Ya i dont get it.

jhanastudent
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

If it's not real pain it's fear, you are experiencing sensations that are new to your brain and it goes in alarm mode.

Keep calm and unless you feel real physical pain don't worry.

mystery101
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 26

I had the same problem up untill i read one of the guides and stayed up 30-40 minutes before doing the wild.

Basilus West
Cat of Ulthar
LD4all addict
LD count: 199

I've read recently a text about those unpleasant sensations during WILD. When you have them and feel you should better turn over on your side, just try to stay on your back during one minute or two. First, it will make you accustomed to these sensations. Second, some of these sensations are perhaps just a way your body uses to test if you're asleep, or the feeling you have they are unbearable is perhaps just a psychological block.

dunlar
Astral Adventurer
Astral Explorer

Re: I Just Cant WILD. I Get Too Tired.
PostPosted: Sun 01 Jul, 2007  Reply with quote

zach713 wrote:
And does anyone have any tips to falling asleep on your back?

Try hyperventilating (breathe in and out quickly through your nose) for 50 breaths, then go back to breathing normal until you fall asleep. I have trouble falling asleep sometimes, but doing this allows me to do so in 1-2 minutes...

Kasp
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Sun 01 Jul, 2007  Reply with quote

Another tip for those having a hard time falling asleep: Open your eyes quickly, then close them slowly as you would when you're really tired. Just as you close them, open them up again fast, and close them slowly. Keep doing it until you become relaxed, it shouldn't take more than a minute or so. smile

Hapexamendios
Somniologist
Somniologist

PostPosted: Mon 02 Jul, 2007  Reply with quote

Kasp wrote:
Another tip for those having a hard time falling asleep: Open your eyes quickly, then close them slowly as you would when you're really tired. Just as you close them, open them up again fast, and close them slowly. Keep doing it until you become relaxed, it shouldn't take more than a minute or so. smile

Ah, the reverse blinking trick? I saw it on another site. Doesn't work well for me, unfortunately.

Kasp
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Mon 02 Jul, 2007  Reply with quote

Hapexamendios wrote:
Kasp wrote:

Ah, the reverse blinking trick? I saw it on another site. Doesn't work well for me, unfortunately.

No idea, I invented it myself when I was 10 or something, but I'm sure other people have found out it's a nice way to become relaxed as well. tounge1

Zach713: It's not neccessary to lie on your back to be able to WILD. Just lie in your most comfortable position, because if you lie in a position that's not comfortable, you just end up thinking about how uncomfortable you are, and you won't be able to fall asleep. If you find yourself falling asleep too fast when lying on your side, then stay up longer when doing WBTB. So stay up longer and lie in a comfortable position, and that should do the trick.

print