LD4all Quest 20: Cosmic Moon: Explore your subconscious

LD4all Quest 20: Cosmic Moon: Explore your subconscious
Author: pasQuale

Each moon, on LD4all :ld4all: we have a new Quest to explore your LD’s in a fun way.

13 Moon Calendar

Click to see this moon’s calendar

Click here to view or order a copy of our 13 Moon Synchronometer, for the Red Magnetic Moon Year (July 26, 2006 - July 25, 2007)
The 13 Moon Calendar presents a new way of creating our time and how we share it with others, based around the simple, natural rhythm of 13 Moons of 28 Days. Additional information about the movement is available at the home of the World Thirteen Moon Calendar Change Peace Movement.

Explore your subconscious
suggested by Lark, Wyrmfell and many others

In this Quest you will go on an adventure in your own mind. Call forward the place that symbolises your subconscious mind and explore it, or call forward a being that represents your subconscious and ask it something you want to know about.

Ideas to get you on the road* There is a theory that your subconscious has many persona - like the inner child, the inner parent, the inner critique, and so on - you can try to meet one of them and ask it questions

• Try to imagine how you would map your subconscious. Like a world? a city? A library? A museum? or have it mapped out like an internet site? Or will you let your dream surprise you?
  • Is there already an aspect of yourself you would like to learn more about? Find the hidden things in your mind maybe? Your inner fears?

Preparations/Incubation
Before going to sleep or while doing your LD incubation technique (WILD/WBTB/MILD, etc):* Set your mind for this Quest

• Ponder on how you would like to explore your subconscious - by calling forward a being, or rather explore it from the inside - or maybe you have another idea?
  • Already have an idea in mind on what aspect you want to know more about - In other words: decide how you will go about this Quest. (it prevents those :uh: moments in your LD when you remember the Quest but have no idea what to do next)

Post your attempts, whether you feel you succeeded or not, in this topic :smile:

Have fun, and happy exploring! :happy:

:dream:

:peek: note: Crystal moon is from 27 june until 24 july :content:

Would talking to your SG count? (I’m assuming it would)

this is it

this is my month

it is the moment of truth!

I will do it! I will!

My time has finally come!

this is a sign.

lol
I was thinking the exact same thing as you TRJR. I’ve been wanting to do this for a long time. And now there’s a quest for it. :happy:

How would you know your talking to your subconcious it might just be you making up a character that you feel is what you think a subconcious character would be like. Just a thought here. In a dream like state nothing is as what it seems and its very doubtful that you could say that the answers you got back were truely from your subconcious or just what you think your subconcious might say.

:razz: Interesting idea but I have my doubts

that’s actually a problem i have with it so i’ve been trying to not even think at all about what is going to happen so i make sure that i don’t influence it too much

But wouldn’t the mear fact you want it to happen influence it. When I think about it the more I think it would be incredibly hard to truely talk to an unconcious part of yourself. I’ve never thought of my brain as having all sorts of different peronallitys and what not. Who I’am when I’m awake is who I’am when I sleep theres certain barriers which are lifted obviously when you sleep that allow parts of yourself to become exagerated versions of yourself but I always remain with the idea that my concious and unconcious are one and the same.

It sounds interesting though so I look forward to reading anyone’s results if they get any.

well i think i misworded that

See i don’t want to influence what happens by planning it out and expecting anything, or else it wouldn’t be a true reflection and just be whatever i wanted it to be.

Wow. This sounds like a brilliant idea. :content:

And about the discussion, I think you mosly cannot predict what the results will be. If you get them though, you can say pretty good if you think them to be true or not but you couldn’t think of it before. So doing this is indeed of use.

I think your subconcious is sort of like Colin Mochre as the director in the Whose Line Games. It’s a random thing, really…

I dunno…

That’s the best analogy I can think of. I feel it just hits things at you while you sleep, and stuff.

"Hollywood Director: Three performers improvise a scene provided by the host. The fourth performer, the “director”, played by Colin Mochrie, interrupts periodically to provide new styles to be used in the scene, such as “Do it like a 1950s musical.” Other common suggestions include, “Do the entire scene backwards.”

They did something like this in a Red Dwarf episode called “Terrorform”. Mirroring the episode, one might want to create a planet which mirrors your phyche.

Hmm… I think I would map out my subconscious like a world, while talking to all my inner forms (e.g. inner child, parent, cynic…), that is, if I get a lucid dream. Which I will.

Quest complete. I created a door in a rock, which was going to lead to my subconscious domain. I stepped through (okay, crawled through actually, the gate kept shrinking) and ended up in a field. It smelled like wet grass and there was a rainbow. It was early in the morning. I asked: “Hey, subconscious, are you there? It’s me, Maria.” And I woke up.

I’ll try it again sometime this month to see if I end up in the same place again.

congratulations tamara! What a beautiful dream. I love the image of the field with the rainbow :smile:

Yeah, it’s a nice dream indeed. :content: But what image? :eh:

Mental image? :smile:

I think I made the mistake of starting the quest late in the dream. I had already done many things before I started, there wasn’t much ‘dreamtime’ left. If I had started the quest earlier, perhaps I would have been able to explore more of the field. I recognised the field though, it’s near my house, I used to play there a lot when I was a kid.

I did the quest ^^
You can read my dream in my brand new dreamjournal :smile:
There is a link in my signature. I forgot a part of the dream :sad: The most interesting part. It’s like I’m not suposed to know :confused:
(The question could have been something like: What is there behind this life? I wanted to ask somethig like that. In my dream it all made sence.)

I rad it, it was nice. Now I understand you did the quest! :happy:

Well, with enough willpower and training, you can prolong your dream for very much time in this situations. So you was able to take much time taking the quest. :content: Thinking the dream would end soon probably made the dream to an end. :smile:

I’ve become pretty good at putting dreamtime into perspective, when I dream a WILD in the morning, I can usually tell what time it is in reallife. When I woke up that morning, I had been asleep for one hour and fifteen minutes, there simply wasn’t any REM-sleep left.

PasQuale, have you been spying on me or something? This is exactly what I’ve been trying for months. I’ve even planned out a “map” of it.