EN | NL | FR
Current Wings Quest 131
The Spirit of Giving XIV

Have you ever woken up and done something stupid?

Author  Message 
Wissam
Change is good
Dream Deity

Have you ever woken up and done something stupid?
PostPosted: Thu 21 Jun, 2007  Reply with quote

Wikipedia wrote:

Sleep inertia is a physiological state characterised by a decline in motor dexterity and a subjective feeling of grogginess, immediately following an abrupt awakening from deep sleep. Typically, sleep inertia lasts between 15 and 20 minutes for a night wake up and 5-10 minutes for a day wake up. If the subject is awakened due to a perceived danger, however, the duration of sleep inertia is reduced to only a few seconds

Has that ever happened to you and you did something really stupid? It has to me many many times.

Today I woke up at 5.00 and was convinced that i was at work (i have a summer job) and my job was to lie down on the bed and stay awake. I was acting so weird that I wasn't even able to check the time from my clock which was on the wall. Finally, I snapped out of it, looked at my alarm clock, and realized it was 5.30. eh

Has something sort of like that happened to anyone else?

NoctisLabyrinthus
Somniologist
Somniologist

Re: Have you ever woken up and done something stupid?
PostPosted: Fri 22 Jun, 2007  Reply with quote

Wissam wrote:
Wikipedia wrote:

Sleep inertia is a physiological state characterised by a decline in motor dexterity and a subjective feeling of grogginess, immediately following an abrupt awakening from deep sleep. Typically, sleep inertia lasts between 15 and 20 minutes for a night wake up and 5-10 minutes for a day wake up. If the subject is awakened due to a perceived danger, however, the duration of sleep inertia is reduced to only a few seconds

Has that ever happened to you and you did something really stupid? It has to me many many times.

Fortunately not often, though this feeling of disorientation and overall grogginess sometime happens to me. I remember that a phone call had woken me up from a nap. It was my boss and during the whole call I desperately tried to get my brain working and understand what did he want. After finishing the call and recovering from this terrible state I had to call back and do some explaining. I was technically awake, but simply unable to think coherently.

-NL

himebanana
princess of bananas
Astral Explorer

I did that alot, but now, I can remember that one time I was woken up and asked did I get some sleep that night *I have a habbit of staying up all night talking to Kuro, or something* and I supposedly replied, "I'm sleeping now."

I have no idea why XD

kuro-tsuno
The Dark One
Novice dreamer

I was sleeping and having a nightmare I was waking up from that and out of the blue the power cut waking up from my dream I thought I was still in it and ran downstair's in the dark the front door was open cause at the time it was damaged but that just added to me feeling like I was still in my dream.

krakatoa
cookie lover
cookie lover

PostPosted: Sun 24 Jun, 2007  Reply with quote

Ah. I remember. I was sleeping on the couch at my sisters place in the daytime. And woke up. I distinctly heard buzzing, and I was convinced there was a wasp in there that was trying to get in under my blanket. I complained about this when talked to, i then discovered they were watching The Fly.

moinsQ
Dream Deity
Dream Deity

I cannot wait till something like this happens to me. Sounds like fun. ^^

Tcc
Somniologist
Somniologist

This has happened a lot to me. sadblauw I wake up during the night and do something, only to think it was a dream the next morning.

One time I woke up and tried to open my bedroom door. It was locked like normal, but I was convinced it was broken. So I kept trying to open the door by hitting the door knob. Then my dad came and told me to go back to sleep.

This one is disgusting. sadblauw I threw up in this state and managed to walk to the bathroom. There i tried to get all of the vomit off of me. Then all of a sudden the drowsiness went away. I was like "Wtf is this on my arm?!" Then I went into my bedroom and saw I actually did throw up. It was so nasty. yuck

moinsQ
Dream Deity
Dream Deity

PostPosted: Mon 25 Jun, 2007  Reply with quote

Wow. ^^

I now remember I have had this sometimes, but not too big. Like when I was sleeping and I was told dinner was ready but I said I didn't want to eat. And later on, I could not remember a thing from what I said!

eMander
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer
eMander has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

PostPosted: Thu 05 Jul, 2007  Reply with quote

This hasn't really happened to me, but I do remember it happening to my dad once. I had just bought the game stratego and had just beaten my mom. My dad was just waking up from a nap at this time, so I walked up to him and told him I had won. He responded by saying something about "the market card."

moinsQ
Dream Deity
Dream Deity

Brilliant! :D

There was also this time, I woke up remembering a dream and thus I made a note.
In the morning I looked back at it to see: 'Animal free room'. I was thinking like: what the..? overspannen I Couldn't figure out at all what it had to mean!

Odeon
transcendent
Somniologist

One time I was in a dream and I guess I was pissed for some reason. I go to say f*ck, and a split second before I say it, I was back in the real world, and the word still came out, and loud... ><
I don't think it woke anyone up though.

Muzzius
Somniologist
Somniologist
LD count: 6

Once I dreamed there was a giant wasp and when i woke up i was scared it was still there when i woke up. In a dream i had a mobile phone(which i wish i did have) and it took me until the middle of the day to realise i didn't have one and then i was miserable again.

Current LD goal(s): One more.
moinsQ
Dream Deity
Dream Deity

What the.. how could that happen? eh

Muzzius
Somniologist
Somniologist
LD count: 6

well in the middle of the day i saw someone with their mobile and i thought i wish mine was as good as that (in the dream it was an old phone), then i thought what kind of phone is mine? and then i remembered i didn't have one.

Current LD goal(s): One more.
fear
Dream Deity

PostPosted: Fri 06 Jul, 2007  Reply with quote

It has happened to me a few times the one that stands out the most was when i was younger and still in school. I had fell asleep on a Saturday at around noon and woke up at like 7 p.m I got up and got dressed put my backpack on my shoulder and started to leave the house for the school bus. My mom just stared at me like i was stupid till i realized what i had done x.x

print