What are some of your personal dreamsigns? Part II

That is right on! I often find myself in all these situations. The teeth thing is also completely right on. Sometimes when I worry about things in general I dream of my teeth turning into sand or something like that, falling off. That makes me even more worried (during the dream).

Personally, I die quite frequently in my dreams. I get shot, fall down, get blown away from explosives, fall from planes, eaten by monsters or animals. The pain feels real too so it’s often a very bad nightmare.

Another common dream sign that I heard from friends and relatives, that I also experience often if I might add, is that elevators crash, or that you fall and fall and fall somewhere but never hit ground.

Interesting post.

Once in a dream, I ran from a nuclear bomb, took cover in an old house not that far away and BAM! I couldn’t see the explosion but I heard it and then I felt the pressure wave ripping me apart, it really hurt and I couldn’t breath.

When I was first LD’ing, People were battling me and i couldnt fight back.I felt the pain and i couldnt breath. Then thats when i wake up

Hi,
So I’m pretty new here, but after reading through the dream signs page, i realize i have a lot of those common ones. Problem is so far I haven’t been able to actually become lucid as a result of them. They usually feel so real to me, i just think they are.
I’ve had the teeth falling out (very unpleasant and scary), the house looking different, floating/flying.

Cool, I kept reading and I must be getting close because I have lots of false awakenings and telling people of my dreams while I’m dreaming.

I have some dreamsigns now:

• Space is a big one, space travel in particular. (Though sometimes I’m just in space watching planets).

• School usually becomes a dreamsign for me at the end of each schoolyear, and it’s really frustrating to start dreaming about failing tests/having to do tests etc. When you’ve finally finished it all.

• Temper problem, I go way to far with swearing, smashing and hitting people in dreams, afterwards I feel guilty for doing so. I’m always relieved to wake up from such a dream :cool_laugh:

I’m having trouble with dream signs, or maybe I’m just having trouble with the concept.

Otherwise, I have a nice stack of dreams in my dream journal, but there’s really no common or recurring dream sign.

Honestly, how do you figure it out?

Do I really need to include more detail, because as it is my dreams are already at least 1-3 pages long.

1. funky sideways moving malfunctioning fast dropping levitation inducing elevators

2. creepscapes - use your imagination

3. mirrors

4. driving or walking in the middle of an open highway

5. inability to move or see

6. a good joke

-bronzed percalating cheddar pops

I also have a lot of dreams about school although I just graduated and don’t go there anymore.

I just realized half of my recent dreams took place at the same place. It’s a road that I run on every day. Would this be considered a dreamsign?

The only one I can think of is having my mom come in to wake me up and I’m either reading or writing. I bury the book and pencil under the pillow, but when I look, they aren’t there.

I actually just noticed from a dream last night that the lighting often doesn’t match up. IE: It was 9 PM, should be getting dark just after sunset, but it was as bright as noon.

I’ve also had a lot of school dreams over summer or other breaks/holidays. I think that one is pretty common with a lot of people though :tongue:

This remembers me a dream that I have once. It was 3:00 PM and the sun was already set. The sensation was weirder than weird. And the dream seemed so real !

Computer viruses. :hide: Each and every time I use a computer in a dream, it gets infected by a virus. (dream electronics work strangely, and when programs go weird, I look for an explanation, one supplied quickly by the dream antivirus software) :tongue:

Fantasy-related things. I often dream about dragons, mages and such. i also often dream of my old school (i’m still in school, but we moved a year ago.)

Most of my dreams are set at the first house that I lived in. I lived there from when I was born until about 2 years ago. I never dream about my new house, yet dreaming about the old house seems so normal to me that I don’t even recognise it until I’ve woken up. So frustrating… it would probably be easy to LD if I could just pick up on that while I’m dreaming.

I think it’s my family… can’t really do RC’s with it… :<

I’m beginning to think my dream sign is Halo 3 (Video Game) After I started recording my dreams, about 3/7 dreams had Halo 3 in them…

My major dream sign is that I usually have my family or friends in my dreams.

Common ones:
friends who I rarely see anymore
being back at school
elements from a movie/TV episode I’ve watched that night (or an earlier night)

Occasional ones: Spiders, dinosaurs…

Monsters,all sort of stuff in a large amount,being unable to talk,not feeling pain,falling,3rd person view,blank landscape,not remembering how i got in the place of the action.

I once dreamed i was being chased by cobras,like,a million of them invaded the town centre,and i was there,so i started running,i hid myself in holes i knew weren’t there before.Soon i realised it was a dream,but i still kept running:D
Another time,i dreamt there was a giant dude,or monster(i don’t remember)with a blade(sword,knife…don’t remember)and i ran from him.He eventually cought up with me and hit me…no pain.Then i said"hey,this is a dream!"And stopped.The creature began making stabbing combos on my erect,relaxed body…lol
Another timei dreamed i was back to school(it was the summer vacation).
It was a horror,i had no homework.I bareley realised it was a drea…don’t remember how.
Once i dreamed i killed a classmate with 2 long toothpicks…i was in trouble.But then i saw myself on the street where my school is…dream
I once dreamed my mom killed herself…with a vase :neutral: but then i realised,the vase was changing colours.
Just dreams…kinda crazy…but dreams:P

Everytime i’m having a nightmare,i think:“Hey,last thing i did:went to bed…how the **** did i get here anyways?I don’t remember coming…sighdreamwhew!

If i ever play on a video game, such as Sims 2 for the most part of my day, my dreams follow that format. :tongue:

But mostly is family members, best friends, people i see at school.

And ALWAYS get it where im at school, but now come to think of it, over the last week or so, ive had practicly none based in my school.

Woo :ok: