What position do you sleep in?

Usually i lie on my front with my head turned to the side, though sometimes i do lie on my back when attempting to WILD (although i usually give up and turn over) :smile:.

i recently quit sleeping on my stomach because of neck pains and horrible sleeping, i now sleep on my side with knees bent and a pillow in between them. sometimes on my back.

I nearly always fall asleep on my side at the beginning of the night - not because it feels the most comfortable but because at the time it seems to support my neck and shoulders a bit better than other positions. After sleeping for a while, my muscles aren’t so tense and then i choose to lay on my back which i prefer really.

I sleep diangle. I put a pillow under my right side and it is between sleeping on my side and on my stomach.

i sleep on my side early in my cycle. it just helps me rest easier, closer to wake up time i’ll lay on my back and usually get some good WILDs going that way.

-JL said WOAH!

I actually sleep what ever way…I dont have a “special” sleeping positition.

For some reason I am only able to fall asleep when lying on my side. That’s also the position I always wake up in.

There has been some research linking more lucid dreams with the right side. Some believe it has to do with a pressure point on the right side that is thought to cause higher brain activation…but I think the probability that it’d be pressed while asleep on your side is not so high.

There has been some research linking more lucid dreams with the right side. Some believe it has to do with a pressure point on the right side that is thought to cause higher brain activation…but I think the probability that it’d be pressed while asleep on your side is not so high.

That sounds interesting. Do you have a link to an article or something, or did you read it in a non-internet resource?

It would be interesting to know where this pressure point is located.

I second that.

I sleep on my right side. When I try to WILD, I first lay on my back for awhile. If it doesn’t work, I go back to my usual sleeping position and try again.

Interesting I tend to get more LD’s on my right side too… but I just thought it was due to me sleeping more on that side.

I always record on which side I woke up when I had a LD in about 90% of them I woke up on the right side…

I am just not able to fall asleep on my back and I’ve never woken up lying on my back except the night when I had my first and only LD.

Because of this I have started several attempts (all of which failed) to fall asleep lying on my back. I just can’t fall asleep when lying on my back.

I’ve been searching for material mentioning sleeping on the right side in connection with lucid dreams. Here’s what I found:

This paper (A Thousand And One Nights Of Exploring Lucid Dreaming by Lynne Levitan) on the Lucidity Institute Inc. site mentions it in 9. Biological Rythms, The Nasal Cycle & Dreams.
Quoting the relevant paragraphs:

I also found something in this paper (Lucid Dreaming and the Self by Nicolette Belletier).

This is all very vague.

On my side, usually the right one, with at least an arm under the pillow.

Funny, I was just thinking about whether I should try to sleep on my right side more often, since the two LD experiences I’ve had so far occurred while I was lying on my right side (I usually spend more time sleeping on my left side, which I think has more to do with they layout of the bedroom than anything else). I’ve failed to induce any more LD since the first ones, which occurred on the same weekend, but I found it hard to imagine that the sleeping position should be a deciding factor. With respect to the recommendations of Tibetan Dream Yoga, " The Tibetan Yogas of Dream and Sleep" by Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche mentions that men should sleep on their right side, women on their left :smile: – something to do with energy channels being reversed in men an women – seems vaguely sexist:):slight_smile: – in case the side you sleep on should matter, I prefer the pressure point explanation.

A while ago I came across the website from The Lucidity Institute where they were recruiting volunteers for a study about sleeping position and LD – who knows, maybe something will come out of that.

O_o I usually sleep on one of my sides, and eventually on my back. I’ve heard the position affects LDs… is that true?

I am very restless in bed.I move alot,changing positions all the time.But I found lying on back with arms crossed on my chest best position for drifting away.Too bad i found myself in weird positions in the morning. :content:

I always sleep on my side, it doesn’t matter for me if i lie on my left or right side. I do turn a few times before i fall in sleep.