Has anyone tried Calea zacatechichi ?I heard it helps w/LDs

The term psychoactive simply means that the indicated substance acts on the central nervous system to produce changes in mood, perception, consciousness, and behavior. A psychoactive substance is simply one that alters brain function, and I would think that altering anything related to dreams is altering brain function. A psychoactive is not nessacarily something that produces great perceptual change, like cannabis or LSD.

I am going to chew a pack of Wrigley’s before bed tonight.

:lol:
I think that will just give you more vivid cavities

:rofl:

oh i see it has a psychological effect :happy:

I hade some mint leafs yesterday. No real effect tho. I can only remember bits and pieces of last nights dreams. I will try a higher dose tonight.

Now im just chewing the leafs straight from the plant. Maybe drying them (and/or making tea from them) will have a better effect.

Herbal tea is, at least, a good way to calm down and get ready for sleep. I have mint growing in my garden and make tea from it often. Since only a few plants contain caffeine, most herbal tea is caffeine free, and will not destroy sleep. Hot herbal tea makes me warm and relaxed, and is often the last thing i drink before sleeping :cool:

WOW everyone I have a new tech. I call it mgild or Mint Gum Induced Lucid Dream. It works 100% of the time.

lol, what is it about mint that makes it good? other than its tastiness

[and does anybody know where to find this calea z? does it come as a tea already? or do you have to make the tea yourself. i live in canada, and im sure that i couldnt grow it myself here, climate isnt right.

I just ordered an oz. of it from an internet company, tho I cant 4 the life of me figure out WHO it was (I threw away packaging.). Here’s what I saved from their email order confirmation:

ITEM NUMBER ITEM NAME ITEM OPTIONS QTY PRICE UNIT SUBTOTAL
EBL_CZ_1OZ Calea zacatechichi dream herb 1 ounce None. 1 $12.15 $12.15

It came right away. It’s chopped-up leaves, stems & seeds. I havent tried it yet, but 12 bucks for an ounce seem reasonable. I’ll post when I try it.

• everJack (he said in a Hungarian-Notational kind of way.)

mint tea really helped me touch a place of deep meditation stillness that is very rare for me to go to

i vouch for THAT may have to drink some to-night.

About time for this thread to get bumped back up eh?
4 ounces of Calea zacatechichi showed up on my doorstep today.
I am leaving on a trip tomorrow, but will be bringing some of it with.
I will report back with a hopefully in depth conclusion of this plant.

ok… so i ran into a website a while ago that said something about Calea. I researched it a little bit and found out more about it. Now, for those of you who don’t know, Calea Zacatechichi is a dream herb used to induce vivid, and often times, lucid dreams. all you have to do is make tea with it, or smoke it before bedtime.

I was thinking about trying this (seeing as it’s not that expensive…) and i wanted to know if anybody else had experimented with this plant.

I also noticed on many of the sites that offer Calea, they also have specific blends of Calea and other herbs designed purely for dreaming (example: Calea used for lucidity, something else for vividness, and something else for sound sleep).

So i was wondering if anybody can give me some insight on Calea, and whether or not it worked for you, and if you have tried any of these specific “dream blends.”

I’m always trying to find easy ways to LD!

i have yet to had the opportunity to try it.
A friend of mine has a plant in his house and he tried it a couple of times, he didn’t have any lucid dreams, though he did have some unusual experiences while being awake, like sudden shifts of consciousness and the likings… the plant has died long time ago though…
he is not really into LD’s though, so I wonder what effect this will have on an experienced lucid dreamer.
I will post my experiences once ive tried it.
he also tried growing silene capensis, which is supposed to be a lot more powerful.
he couldnt grow that one though…

yes. i’ve heard also of success with the african dream root.

And I agree, it would be interesting to see what effect it takes on an experienced lucid dreamer. I think that for an experienced lucid dreamer who knows what an LD feels like, there would be a much higher success rate due to the placebo effect.

And lastly… I have also read that Calea gives a user clarity of the mind, and a soothing sedative effect while awake, although mild. I’m not really interested in waking effects though. I would love to try it for the dream effect. I would also like to try the african dream root, but it seems that even less is known about it than about calea… which is not much.

I drank a cup of peppermint last night and I could say it helped a little bit. I remembered about 4 different segments of my dreams.

I will start experimenting with another dream herb called myrica gale/sweet gale. I just ordered it last night so it will take a couple of days to start experimenting but you can check out my results here:[url=Lucid Dream Tea - #13 by miggyi]

I also want to try experimenting with calea, I will order that sometime soon and I will gladly post my results here.

I still have some calea. I’ve never tea’d it… hint hint. It’s effects while awake are kind of pleasant to me but other people don’t usually care for it. As far as dreaming… calea tends to help my recall a little bit, and puts pecular twists on typical dream scenarios of mine.

P.S. This is my first post in a long time. Go easy on me. :content:

Sweet gale used in the Lucid Dream Tea is not toxic.

From email: “there is a plant in western cnaada that is a myrtle called sweetgale and the ‘cones’ are described in the Robertson plant book - written in the 60’s
as ‘possibly’ being toxic. Firstly Sweet Gale that we use is not toxic.”

If anyone has ordered Calea zacatechichi online, and had a good experience with the company, could they PM the name of the site?

i heard this en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican_tarragon
is supposedly is a good additive for making the Calea brew taste more pleasant …
HAs anybody have any experience with that ?

Just ordered some from ( PM for seller) and its on its way, Ill post results soon.