Plugging your nose.

This is basically my first post, hey everyone!!!

I come here alot, so I just decided to finally make an account. Basically, my first question/concern is that I always read about how you guys plug up your nose as your RC, and how it’s really reliable.

But I get confused because you guys always say, “In my dream I decided to plug up my nose”. It’s like you were able to control yourself in the dream even though you weren’t lucid yet…so my question is, did you control yourself, or did a dream sign trigger your dream body to plug your nose because you do it so much IRL??..I know I probably sound retarted but I’m new to this whole LD thing. I absolutely can’t wait for my first LD.

Hi Road2Lucidity,

welcome to the forum! :happy:

sometimes you wonder in your dream wether you are dreaming or not, and then you decide to do a reality check, like plugging your nose - just like you would IRL do that when you think something is weird.

For me it depends, sometimes i do it consciously, like i already suspect i’m dreaming, so that would make it a conscious action - and in other cases it’s an automatic reaction.

But in dreams you always decide things in the dream, even if you don’t know you are dreaming, know what I mean?

But usually after a successful RC you become fully lucid, really realizing you are dreaming :smile:

maybe others can explain it better than I just did …

good luck with becoming lucid!

When you wake up in the morning. Sometimes, you are in a dream conciousness. For example, my alarm goes off, it sounds the same as my watch alarm so I look at my arm, regardless that it’s coming from the floor. I think irrationaly, For example I only just release that I’ve woken up when I’ve been in my bed thinking about school or something for about 5 minuites, I suddenly then realise, oh, it’s morning, Damn forget to try to remember my dream’s. In dreams, we are like semi-concious, we’re not awake but we’re doing stuff but not fully being aware. It’s only when like something ticks and we realise it’s a dream, then suddenly we wake up INSIDE of the dream. Instead of waking up in the morning like usual, you’ll wake up there.

Yea I think I do, I’ve noticed that when I remember my dreams, it always seems as though I made a decision that I know I would probably make IRL.

What ticks me off is when in a dream I see extremely weird things like friends walking in mid-air, and I never seem to question myself, “am I dreaming”?

See, that’s my problem, I always see stupid stuff in my dreams yet nothing ticks.

Maybe I need a new dream sign. Or maybe I need to ask myself “am I dreaming” IRL more often? so it will carry over in my dreams?

I’m the same. I’m doing things in dreams that I wouldn’t ever do. If you watch the simpsons, it’s alot like when Homer wakes up, he’s all over the place dunno what people are saying nor himself (and falls back to sleep :razz:). It’s that feeling you have in dreams, you don’t exactly know what you’re doing.

All my Lucid dreams have been instantanious. But when I do autosuggestion, i get LOTS of hints of a dream. I’ve had people on the streets asking me to have a Shared lucid dream with them, I just say, I don’t have the time for that! :bored:

Yea, the technique is to basically do so many RCs while you’re awake that you’ll do one in your dream.

Thats what I do, and if you can remember to use RCs in real life, it does transfer into your dreams. When you do this method, you plugging your nose will not be a conscious act in your dream, you will just be like you are doing it in real life. You will randomly do it, and realize you are dreaming. Thats what happened to me though. The only problem with this one, is that its not reliable in the sense that you can’t control when you have a LD, it just happens.

We made statistics two years ago on a french LD’ing forum and plugging the nose was the most realiable RC, by far. Now, it’s just statistics, it doesn’t mean that it works for everybody thus you have to find what RC’s work the best for you.