DILD....pretty long question, PLZ answer.

This question is basically about DILD…sometimes I read about how you guys notice something strange in your dreams like a person or weird location and end up asking yourself, “am I dreaming” and thus becoming lucid.

I’m a little confused about this because I can understand if you guys noticed a dream sign and decided to do a RC…obviously you do the RC enough IRL…but my main concern is how do you train your mind IRL to notice something weird in a dream like people lying or floating and become lucid without having noticed one of your dream signs??..

In my dreams I always see weird things, like people watching TV in mid-air, friends walking straight out the window then gently floating down to the ground…but my subconcious never seems to be able to realize that things like this shouldn’t happen IRL…thus I’m never able to ask. “am I dreaming”.

instead of looking for weird things IRL, why not look for common things?

for example, ask yourself if your dreaming / do an RC each time you see the colour blue.
This, will not only make you RC more often to carry it on in your dreams, but it will be much easier to find in real life than flying friends :razz:.

lol what i find funny is Foley is talking about having an rc whenever you see the color blue and your avatar is blue and says am i dreaming. i just lol’d

oh my god… I didnt even realize!! hahaha

I may have realized at a subconcious level, and thats why I said the colour blue. :woo: , either way what a coincidence!

This is completely normal… and that’s the reason why we have the “I missed another huge dreamsign” topic and the DING DING smiley! :content:

You can perform RC’s when you see curious of funny things in real life. Another technique is using your DJ to find your dreamsigns, and use them for your RC’s. Those dreamsigns don’t have to be weird. For instance, you perhaps see people from your family or speak with friends, open doors, take the bus in your dreams, thus you can do a RC whenever you do this IRL.

Hmm… I’d think the best idae would be to chart the most common dream signs from your dreams, and train yourself to remember to ask yourself if your dreaming if you see it

Don’t Mistake coincidence for Fate. I just had to say that :wink:
On Topic: for some reason I never do RC’s. But I find Recognising dream sings hard as all my dreams are completly Random. :yes:

Personally I think it’s less about training a skill and more about changing your awareness to always consider the possibility that you are dreaming. Take nothing for granted. Do RCs constantly and question everything. Sooner or later some of that will spill over into the dreamworld. Half-hearted efforts will not work unless you’re talented.

And don’t ask your subconscious to notice and react to dreamsigns, your SC makes these dreams and doesn’t want you to be lucid because that way his influence over you will wane. You should be consciously aware of your situation at all times for best chances at DILD.

umm one thing that helped me was that, after a while i started noticing everytime i tried to run in a dream one of my legs wouldnt work and one would
so running was really hard
and the only way to help it was to run like a gorilla on all fours.

and yeah i have that problem every time i try to run in an ND , so with that in mind i kept telling my self if i try to run and one of my legs istn working then im obviously dreaming.
its worked a couple times recently.

so yeah i helps a lot to find common dream sigs or situations