Supplements/ways to increase REM sleep inhibited by MJ use

I’m not really focusing on dreaming much these days, just enjoy random ones when they come but i figured you ppl would be the ones to ask.

Are there any supplements or techniqes that increase REM sleep?? does melatonin increase REM? I am suffereing REM deprivation due to heavy pot use and was wondering if there is anyway besides not smoking pot that i can boost up the amount.

jcem.endojournals.org/cgi/conten … t/89/1/128

well i guess this is my answer just found this article, i’m gonna give melatonin a try and ill let u know how it goes,i used it in the past just to have crazy dreams and it worked, lets see if it gets my rem back to normal (i can tell if i’ve had alot or a little). if anyone knows of any other supplements known to increase rem pls post

it really amps up the alpha waves quite a bit making sleep more meditative and less dreamlike.

you could try brainwave entrainment or deep meditation before bed time.

there aren’t any benefits to overusing any drug, it ought to be a special occasion don’t you think?

My dreams are also inhibited by the use of weed, and its something you have to accept.

B6
Valerian
Calea

All those will work, but also understand that your abusing one drug to make up for the abuse of another. I am taking at least a week long break from MJ to focus heavily on Lucid dreaming. Maybe you should do the same?

But you shouldn’t take melatonin too much… Or you will have trouble sleeping naturally.

i recently quit mj due to parent problems but i realized my dreams were the same high or not. it seemed that i slept easier while high but still i had nice dreams nonetheless.

i quit smoking cigarettes a few weeks ago, and decided to quit everything for a while to let my body clean out.

i was a nightly pot smoker, in the ‘i need it to relax enough to go to sleep’ kind of way.

i’m telling you, within two to four days, your sleep cycles should be back to normal. put the pipe down for a week, let your body sleep normally. it’s worth it.

i was trying melatonin too, but i noticed within a few days of not hitting the pipe, my body felt tired on its own at my normal bedtime. melatonin will get you to fall asleep, but what you really need is natural sleep.

Maybe instead of a lack of REM sleep, its really just your memory loss (due to pot). So melatonin and all of these other drugs wont really help, because you wont even remember the extra REM you get.

Somebody heard of this? Thomas Yushak combines a few supplements to get LD´s. It´s all described on this website www.AdvancedLD.com

Some german Lucid Dreamers are testing these supplements and getting some good results with it.

( I don´t know if the supplements he describes are all legal in all countrys so I take no responsibility for taking or buying them ) :happy: