Lucid Bar

Lucid Lounge
Come in, chill out, have a drink, and enjoy yourself. Talk about anything here.

Those words developed a new idea, it was just on idea of a thread, but now its open for a bigger crowd. You all might know that i like to drink beer. Well this is a thread to all my legal drinkers and non-legal drinkers that take the chance in society’s laws. At first i was just gonna make this a beer thread or a beer Poll, but i havent seen those settings in a while, so i came off with the idea of the Lucid Bar. Might sounds ridiculous, but the idea of the lucid bar is to share your favorite alcoholic drink and share your expereince when you have these drinks(only if you want to).There are so many different kinds of beer in this world, half of them i dont even know exist. And there is a good portion from this forum that do live in other countries, so i was thinking maybe you can open me up towards a new beer :wink: Like most people say, variety is the greatest pleasure in life, and i have to agree, because it is. And I want this thread to open up more variety. So fell free to discuss what you and your friends like to drink and what kinda of taste can your taste buds handle?

This subject might seem absurd, but im a taste freak of Beer, i like alcohol too, but it gets kind of of harsh after a while.

So i’ve said that im a great big fan of beer these are the brands that like to drink, i will start from American Domestics and i will fall into Imported. I used like beer from Budweiser to Icehouse when i was younger, but after a while those just taste like nothing all the special anymore. Now a days, if i buy American beer it would Michelob, Or Amber Bock, Or Michelob Honey Lager, there other brands like Yuengling too and my favotire is George Killians Irish Red. Now for imported, I like alot lets start off with Groulsch, Becks, Dark Becks, New Castle, Dos Equis. Those are so brands off the top of my head. As you can see, i like dark beer. Feel free to respond.

I’ll talk about liquor later :wink:

What do you drink?

Water, fruit juices, herbal teas…

has a premonition she will get kicked outta here

:tongue:

Make mine a pint of Newcastle Brown Ale, followed by a couple of pernod and lemonades and I’ll let Hubbs pay. :tongue:

:grrr: Im already being patronized, O-well, I guess the real beer lovers will show their face

EditSaw this before Moogle’s Post :tongue:

There is one beer i absolutely do not like"budweiser"! the problem i have this beer is that it just lacks taste, way to light for my taste. Budweiser is the only american beer i have tasted btw… :neutral:

I kinda like san miguel… i also tasted a local beer from the spanish iceland Gran Canaria when i was there this summer… pretty damn good beer, also the cheapest beer there, since it was a local beer. Guineess is also ok in small amounts, but not too much of it… :wink:

im not a big fan of beers,i dont drink much either.Just dont like the taste of alcohol.If i do drink its usually vodka shots(our country`s speciality btw:)
One beer i like tho its Millers.Ohh,hehe and i know its not a beer for many and in opinion of others its something what only bad females taste would like…o well.I like it:)

I don’t really like beer that much… But if I happen to drink it (rarely, but has happened!) I go for Heineken.

Step right up for your mint ale with pickles and a topping of mustard!!!

Gatorade for me. Seriously, that is the best drink that I have ever tasted. I can’t believe how good it is. Better than all soft drinks, beer (tastes bad… well maybe that’s because my dad buys budwieser?) but- I might go for wines in the future. Ya never know. I’ve never had wine, but it looks good. The supreme drink of the underaged and perhaps the middle-aged- Gattttorrrade.

Gather ‘round for an evening of barely coherent fun under the influence of our good friend, Southern Comfort. I’m not a big fan of liqueurs, but someone SC manages to disguise the usually unpleasant fruity taste common to so many others. Have it straight, or mix it, anything goes when you don’t have to work tomorrow…

Well, a few months ago, I absolutely loved Mounds Bar Daiquiries (sp?) but since then, I couldn’t stand the alcohol and I didn’t really want it to become a problem, so I resolved to not drink alcohol. Not because of religion (I don’t even have one) or anything like that, just my own conscience making that decision. So now I can enjoy free cokes when I’m a designated driver! :happy:

Anyway, I can’t really stand beer at all, the smell, the taste, the COLOR… eww! :wink: and it gets worse when you can smell it on someone’s breath. That’s REALLY nasty, but who am I to prejudge?

So, that’s me…

That’s Cute, cant wait until the day happens :tongue: :beer: . I love New Castle, its my new all-time favorite, i discovered it on my birthday, sometime later after when i drink it, it doesnt taste the same. Im not sure if that’s just me or if my taste buds acting up towards the other beers I drink. When had New castle for the first time, i had Yuengling first and a couple of shots of vodka, then later when i bought New Castle all alone with out any other beer, it just had a complete different flavor :eh: .

San Miguel, what’s that exactly? and Guinness is a hard drink to handle, i actually dont like to drink it. I guess its to thick, otherwise i love dark beer.

I see alot of good choices too, i used like drinking Hard Liquor, but its just not the same as beer, i dont get that drunk it feels like i just have this capacity that I can never reach, and it doesnt effect how fast or how many shots i drink, so i try to stay away from it. Other than that its expensive, unless someone offers a shot, i can never be rude enough to say no :content:

You just have to have the inquiring taste, its like coffee, i love the aroma, the taste, and the vibe. They create so many different things, just for people to drink, just because of this reason, so i can see many opinions change, when they actually discover something they do enjoy drinking. I started the odd route, so im just a dark beer drinker :cool:.

:wiske: This bar is a little empty. I thought you would be on page 5 by now.
I also like bitter, cider and lager and lime. Not all in the same glass :cool_laugh: .
But I don’t have a particular brand favourite for these. Cider must be strong and dry to medium.

Spirits…mainly vodka, but also gin occasionally.
Mainly drink it at home these days…it’s a lot cheaper!

Hubbs, if no one else is drinking, there’s more for you and me!!!
:thumbs: :beer:

Well, as you all know, I live in the land of beer :wink:

A label that I like is “Schwabenbräu”, and a nice type of beer is “Märzen”, but Schwabenbräu is a local, I don´t think the people from northern germany know it.
When it comes to international beer I prefer Becks
San Miguel is ok, but compared to german beer it´s very “week”.Makes you drink it much to fast

And, finally, there isn´t any tastier way to drink beer than mixing wheat beer with bananajuice goes and hides away
But hey, it should be nice for LDing:
A little bit of alcohol, but not too much (for light sleep, and quickly falling asleep)
Tryptophan (from the banana, which will be changed into melatonin&serotonin)
Sugar from the banana juice (to get the hormones into your brain)
And finally, I think there are also some B vits for the recall

tapir

Ugh! Beer. I really don’t like any beer. Although once I was already drunk on liquor and we had a keg of beer so I tried it . . Mmm, I loved that beer at the time and had several cups full. :tongue: (probably because I was already drunk.)

I never drink alcohol for the taste, I only drink it to get drunk. :spinning: (I’m dizzy)
So I enjoy shots, mixed drinks, and any cool mixture that sounds fun. (Like buttery nipples! Mmm, taste good too)

If someone really wants to treat me they can break out the Tequila shots! :cool: Salt, a lemon or lime, and some Tequila is an instant party! :happy:

I join Atheist in preferring Southern Comfort, and also Jim Beam.

Most wine is too bitter and gives me indigestion. However a good wine is nice to have when eating meat. It’s good for the digestion. :content:

Enjoy! :beer:

Yeah, me too! I only drink alcohol on parties or any special occasions like weddings, graduations, whatever… :content:

Yeah! I’d say tequila is my favorite! Not for the taste, but cause it’s so fun drinking it with friends. :wink:

Don’t worry , people will come and if not we have an entire open Bar to ourselves :cool_laugh: . Interesting drinks Moogle, what’s exactly is in your cider, and lager, and lime??? Hopefully your not really mixing them :tongue:

I need to take a trip to Germany if our beer is weak compared to this stuff. You have any idea if they import those brands to America??? :wink: Im on a hunt for new dark beer, especially from Germany.

That sounds different, yet good at the same time, is it good?? I need this stuff, im deeply jealous. I dont think America really experiments on beer to much :neutral: . Does it really help LDing?

I used to love doing the same thing at one point, me and my friends would literally go out and buy alot of alcohol that we can mix with each other and bought the certain mixes and made some weird drinks that i never knew existed, my friend went to Bar tending school, so it was a big help. But out of all Liquor from vodka, rum, schnapps, tequila, anything that was apart of the recipe, the one that i can drink without a problem, and is my favorite, its the best and its Tequila. Its just great, i love margaritas or shots, one way or another its all going down the same place :tongue: Whiskey is a good thing to drink every once in a bit, if i have Whiskey i’ll take a Crown Royal.
I have to agree with the wine, its ok when your eating, but drinking it alone isnt the greatest. Especially if you have that same dry taste in the back of your mouth :happy:

Thats how it started for me, and it just turned out to be a fun thing to do time to time, moderation is the key to no hangover or becoming an Alcoholic :tongue:

A beer brand, i think it is spanish too, not quite sure.

I must admit i dont drink san miguel alot, since it is very expensive here… All alcohol is expensive here for that case, highest taxes on alcohol in the whole europe… So i settle with Danish Tuborg for now, which is the cheapest of all beers here, it is not that bad either.

Is it good? dark, light , in-between? If i ssaw it, should i buy it? Does it taste good? :peek: