Final Fantasy

I’ve only played Final Fanasy X-2 and XII and I can honestly say that X-2 is a game I hate. XII is good though.

I was waiting for it to may be be remade for the playstation but it never happened. So I had to resort to a nes emulator and the game … and play it on my computer. ( a friend found them online for me :happy: )

I can assure you that the rest of the Final Fantasy series is far superior to the X-2, trust me.

Is it in English?

[mod]moogle nods :yes: … so as not to spam :moogle: [/mod]

Morrowind is a cheap knockoff rpg with shitty combat and dialogue. You probably haven’t played any other rpgs.

Try Fallout 1,2, Arcanum, Vampire Bloodlines, KOTOR.

Well, Morrowind is:

• Mind-bogginly vast (Bloodlines and KOTOR, while still favorites of mine and great in their respect, especially Bloodlines, are tiny in comparison)…

• …and open-ended (again, in Bloodlines and KOTOR enemies don’t respawn and the player is forced to follow the main quest with little side-quests, while in Morrowind you have total freedom)

• Creates a wonderful atmosphere between landscapes (do you know how it feels to cross a land all day and go beyond some moonlit hills into a coastal town?)…

• …and lore (the size of it is ridiculous)

• has memorable characters

By “shitty” you mean text? Text dialogue allows for thousands and thousands of lines, a feat not achievable with voiced dialogue, as the sound files take up space. So, less dialogue.

You probably have never heard of Arena and Daggerfall and their revolutioning of RPGing, if you think Morrowind is a knockoff. It started waaay back.

Its combat system (namely melee) is nothing special though. Magic still rocks, allowing you to create any spell you may think of and enchanting yourself to godhood.

FFIII is now on the DS, if you have one. (Those emulators can be a lifesaver, by the way. Some games are just impossible to find by other means)

:eek: Nice!

Lol you should see me and moogle in chat sometimes :tongue: (btw she still hasn’t beat trema!)

Final Fantasy I completed
Final Fantasy II completed
Final Fantasy III completed
Final Fantasy IV completed
Final Fantasy V completed
Final Fantasy VI completed
Final Fantasy VII completed 100%
Final Fantasy VIII completed 100%
Final Fantasy IX completed 100%
Final Fantasy X completed 100%
Final Fantasy X-2 completed 100% (perfect ending etc…)
Final Fantasy XI (The mmorpg one got max level and quit not as fun as the others … not enough story line really)
Final Fantasy XII completed 100% (not one of my favs :confused:)

yeah… i’m addicted aswell :wink:

Final Fantasy I: unfinished
Final Fantasy II: unfinished
Final Fantasy III: unfinished (came to town with ghost people then was bored)
Final Fantasy IV: unfinished
Final Fantasy V: unfinished (almost at the end)
Final Fantasy VI: unfinished (came to where you battle the evil king)
Final Fantasy VII: unfinished
Final Fantasy IX: unfinished (at the very end)
Final Fantasy X: unfinished (at the place where you battle the dragon on the ship (I am NOTING without Yuna))
Final Fantasy XI: (PC version and it doesn’t work)

Kingdom Hearts: Complete (I had EVERYTHING in the game and then someone removed my file)
Kingdom Hearts ~Chain of Memories~: Complete
Kingdom Hearts ~Reversed Rebirth~: Unfinished (final battle with the Riku clone)
Kingdom Hearts II: Unfinished (at final boss)

FFVII-IX was the golden age of the series, since then it’s been downhill. XII just isn’t inspired like the old ones. If you ask me, it’s probably the Enix influence. But I think they could do a good job of remaking FFVII like they have older games.

Morrowind is deeply dated and World of Warcraft beats it on almost every field. Gameplay in WoW is less customizable but much more balanced and fun.

Morrowind is dated, but it doesn’t cost $180 a year through monthly fees.

More like “WoW, look how much money I’m losing!”

Well I did get down to the 100th level! but Trema was so hard! I just gave up on that optional battle in the end.
BTW you may have “completed 100%” but you didn’t have the international version with all the dark aeons … I managed to defeat all the dark aeons except for the final one … Penance :scared:

I beat Trema, but not Penance.

And all the weapons from FFVII and FFVIII, but not Ozma.

Good ol’ Final Fantasy. I haven’t played any of the games after V. Maybe someday I will.
The music in the games are what I’m interested in. Hmm… I don’t I’ve actually transcribed any Final Fantasy music before. I have played a lot of it on the piano though. The prelude (a much simpler version), FFVII main theme, something from FFX, and others… Can’t remember at the moment.
Oh, speaking of which, I believe TRJR was looking for a certain sheet. I’m going to be learning that song myself.
I believe this is it.
gh.ffshrine.org/sheet-music/14/6
gh.ffshrine.org/sheet-music/14/7

(PM me for all your videogame sheet music needs. :razz:)

i found it and had stareted learning it a while ago

but :lol: i havn’t played in months anyway

and also

time to end teh debate once and for all

yes: WoW is fun for a while. Yes it costs money, and yes it gets boring after a while, unless you really like MMOs

and also, yes Morrowind is fun but dated, Oblivion is fun too

whatever floats your boat

I’d love to argue but everyone’s entitled to their own opinion. This is such a happy forum.

Well, the facts that Morrowind’s game world is square kilometers large, that everything respawns so you can fight whenever you want, that there are hundreds of quests, and that it’s a free-form RPG, can’t be changed. They’re beyond opinion no matter how you slice it.

If you prefer other stuff, then that’s another story, and not for arguing.

Anyone here played Oblivion? Is it very similar to Morrowind in terms of gameplay and story?

I did. The gameplay’s very similar, with improvements in the most bland or annoying aspects of Morrowind’s gameplay (combat, stealth, and magic have been spiced up, as well as skills which provide perks at certain levels, but the stupid leveling sistem is still there), and the Shivering Isles expansion added some variety to the endless grassland that was Cyrodiil.

There are fewer missions than Morrowind, because the dialog is all with voice acting.

Enchanting has been nerfed to hell, but there are ready-enchanted items in the game that can make you literally invincible, though.

I highly recommend it, and on PC. I’d never play the vanilla (read: Xbox 360) version. There is so much that unofficial mods improve and add to the game that you can’t imagine.

But if you want to get barely the 40% of what you could get for PC for the same price (like the trend seems to be), then be my guest.

Thanks. I’m getting a PS3 soon, and Oblivion with it, since there are no other good games on it yet that I know of. I know the value of fan modding so I hope the main game is very good. Good to know the irritating gameplay has been improved. Is the atmosphere as somber as Morrowind? I normally prefer more uplifting games like Final Fantasy.

No, the atmosphere is waaay brighter. Almost always sunny, grassy hills, you know. That’s not the Bitter Coast.

Unless you’ve already ordered it yet, GET IT ON PC. If not, well, you’ll still have a good game, which could have been so much better.

The PS3’s going to get games like GTA IV, FFXIII, Metal Gear Solid 4, Silent Hill 5, and Devil May Cry 4. You’ll still be able to pick up great games.

I can’t stress enough how better the Elder Scrolls games are for PC.