Final Fantasy

Anyone here played Oblivion? Is it very similar to Morrowind in terms of gameplay and story?

I did. The gameplay’s very similar, with improvements in the most bland or annoying aspects of Morrowind’s gameplay (combat, stealth, and magic have been spiced up, as well as skills which provide perks at certain levels, but the stupid leveling sistem is still there), and the Shivering Isles expansion added some variety to the endless grassland that was Cyrodiil.

There are fewer missions than Morrowind, because the dialog is all with voice acting.

Enchanting has been nerfed to hell, but there are ready-enchanted items in the game that can make you literally invincible, though.

I highly recommend it, and on PC. I’d never play the vanilla (read: Xbox 360) version. There is so much that unofficial mods improve and add to the game that you can’t imagine.

But if you want to get barely the 40% of what you could get for PC for the same price (like the trend seems to be), then be my guest.

Thanks. I’m getting a PS3 soon, and Oblivion with it, since there are no other good games on it yet that I know of. I know the value of fan modding so I hope the main game is very good. Good to know the irritating gameplay has been improved. Is the atmosphere as somber as Morrowind? I normally prefer more uplifting games like Final Fantasy.

No, the atmosphere is waaay brighter. Almost always sunny, grassy hills, you know. That’s not the Bitter Coast.

Unless you’ve already ordered it yet, GET IT ON PC. If not, well, you’ll still have a good game, which could have been so much better.

The PS3’s going to get games like GTA IV, FFXIII, Metal Gear Solid 4, Silent Hill 5, and Devil May Cry 4. You’ll still be able to pick up great games.

I can’t stress enough how better the Elder Scrolls games are for PC.

FF7:Complete LOVED IT as u can see by my name and avatar.
FFX:Complete
FFXII:Complete Really Really Really Fun with great story and great gameplay

Wii’s getting the new Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles. That’s looking really good. Much better looking than the one for Gamecube.

fun fact:

wii is also getting Golden Sun Three

now THATS an RPG i can agree on!

My pc isn’t the greatest so I have to turn off HDR lighting but pretty much can have everything else on awesome game.

I can’t say I get bored of the endless grass land just as I didn’t get bored of the endless lava burned ground of morrowind.

Best game by far my only gripes are that magic is one on one there are hardly any spells that help mob control so if your battling 3 to 4 enimies all hitting you at the same time theres not much you can do about it other than shield up and take them down as fast as you can.

It looks far better on the pc than on the 360 I’ve played both version’s.

I completed:
Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls, I’ve heard that this remake is too easy. And except for the extra dungeons, there indeed was not much challenging.
Final Fantasy III DS, the game is relatively easy… Until you get to the last dungeon, I had to do the last dungeon 10 times before I managed to beat it :tongue: .
Final Fantasy IV: Advance, I played this on an emulator, amazing game, its story really is exceptional. The work they’ve put on character development is really great.
Final Fantasy VII, I’ve played the PC version. And I’ve got to say: absolutely astonishing. I’m not going to say more about it, it has already received so much praise.
Final Fantasy VIII, a bit less than FFVII, but nonetheless excellent.

For the rest, I have played FFV, FFVI, FFIX and FFX but I didn’t quite finish them. As for FFVI, I’m very close to completion but I don’t have the time to play any FF atm.

Outside of FF, I like Baldur’s Gate alot, aswell as Neverwinter Nights and Chrono Trigger. I’m planning on playing more RPG’s if I have the time.

Well people, now I am addicted. To Diablo 2.

It’s almost…orgasmic. :crazy:

Crisis Core is out in Japan next month!:
https://global.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/code-j/section-games/pid-1004920127/
And Ring of Fates next week!:
https://global.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/code-j/section-games/pid-1004887131/

Whats Crisis Core for? i want to play it

PSP (I got that :yay:)

****!!! i only have a DS and i dont feel like gettin a psp just for crisis core, if it was a remake of FF7 then i’d go out right now and get me one but not for just crisis core.

luckily i got a psp as a gift awhile back ^.^ the game itself will probably be a cheap imitation and not worth beating 2 times… but it has the final fantasy label so i must play it… blah…

If you have a PSP, there’s always Final Fantasy Tactics Shishi No Sensou (IIRC) coming out.

At the moment I’m battling the final elite mark Yiazmat
I have him on 10 dots representing full life bars
and he has just used “grow threat” so has doubled his level :cry:

I don’t know why they didn’t start it here … since all the earlier fight was just tedious wearing his life bars down with no actual danger involved (except for the odd death that you could quickly revive)

I might stay on the stairs now and just use guns and arise :tongue:

edit oops this is from final fantasy XII

i dont have the time to hunt down everymark in that game, also, i c no point in needing to kill Yiazmat except for 100% completion. The only other prize is the Wyrm Hero Blade and once you beat Yiazmat and Omega you have almost nothing to use it on.

And Dissidia: Final Fantasy. I’m sort of tempted to get a PSP. I wish they’d port these games to the PS2 though.

ahhhhh… how can people NOT love FF…

Final Fantasy I Completed
Final Fantasy II Completed
Final Fantasy III Completed
Final Fantasy IV Completed
Final Fantasy V Completed
Final Fantasy VI Completed (favorite)
Final Fantasy VII Completed
Final Fantasy VIII Completed
Final Fantasy IX Completed
Final Fantasy X Completed
Final Fantasy X-2 Completed (sigh… lame)
Final Fantasy XII playing
Final Fantasy tactics Completed
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Played for a while…not sure if there is an end to that game