my almost WILD

ok im new here…I’ve had a few lucid dreams before coming to this site they were pretty cool. but recently i was trying to goto sleep not even really thinking about lucid dreaming or trying to. Im laying there with the tv on with no volume and my eyes are closed.so as i lay there it feels like im nailed to the bed and cant really do anything (moving wise) so i think thats normal cuz when im gettin real sleepy i usually never move or itll wake me up… next thing you kno its like im seeing like a whole bunch of colorful trees and plants like a painting of a forest or something right in front of me (with my eyes still closed now)…its was tight but at the time i was like wtf…and i opened my eyes and look around feeling exited cuz thats never happend before and then kinda scared at the same time. its like im laying there and i see all the stuff appear in front of me like im there or something but i was in my bed i could feel the covers and whatnot. its like i was watching a movie with 3d glasses on or something the way it just popped out at me it was real weird kinda hard to explain it

has anything weird like this ever happened to any of yall? i read a little bit on this site last night and im guessing me bein stuck was that “sleep paralysis” that happens to people when they lay there long enough not moving…but the seeing the plants and stuff that was just plain tight…can someone tell me whats goin on an if yall experienced anything like that

yea i posted this on dreaviews too but didnt get many replies…what should i have done to get this WILD i felt SOOO close when i saw the pictures

You were very very close to WILD. I personally through all my attempts to WILD have only gotten to about as far as you did, so I cant be much help on what to do to continue the experience. The not being able to move was indeed sleep paralysis and the trees was just a really powerful form of HI, hypnagogic imagery. From what I understand you should let the imagery continue and let it become even more realistic until you can “step into the dream” or you just find yourself already in the dream.

By the way, Welcome to the forums datrell!!

thanks for the quick reply. I already can see i’m going to like these forumes better :smile: .

but yea i wish i would’ve read more about WILD’s before I had this experience. I didnt even really know about WILD or HI at this time I just knew to do alot of reality checks during the day and then I get my lucid dreams like that…but I am really interest in WILD currently I got to the point to where I can get SP easily but once I get there I’m laying there for what feels like a really long time and I end up moving. also it seems like whenever I’m in SP my body gets REALLY hot (like to where im almost sweating) is this normal?
I’ve been trying to WILD for about 2 weeks now is there any useful info i might can use like HOW to step into the dreams.

No problem, I hope you enjoy the forums, I know that I love ld4all and all the people on here are generally very helpful.

hm, really hot? I definitly have not gotten that, though I have felt tingly all over before…probably nothing to worry about. May either be your mind making sense of SP or some form of a HH. I am at about the same point as you for getting a WILD, cept instead of moving I end up giving up and going to sleep. Ive been trying intermittently to WILD for quite a while, so unfortunately I cant really help you out with the transition into a dream as I never have actually accomplished this myself…yet :happy:

Welcome : waves :

Yes, you were about to complete your WILD. Next time this happens - and it will, if you don’t get too excited - stay calm and imagine yourself entering the scene by walking / flying / phasing, etc. into it. Just imagine what you would do if it was a LD situation :content:

Sometimes, starting to move into it will get you ‘sucked in’. Stabilize yourself by looking at a DC or an object in front of you and voilà!