I found my dreamsign.....now what?

After a few weeks of using a dream diary, I have found that over half of the dreams that I remember have at least one movie or tv actor in it.

The problem that I’m having is that while dreaming when I see a movie star, my subconscious tells me I’m watching a movie.

Does anyone have a similar problem that they have figured out or any advice that would be helpful.

I have been using mild recently telling myself “the next time I see a movie star, I will do a reality check”. No positive results yet.

To date I have had to very, very quick lucid dreams.
The first one I was having a nightmare where I was in a cave, the walls and roof was closing in on me until i couldn’t move. I then asked myself how did i get here? And then I realized I was dreaming. A few seconds later I woke up.

The second one I was back in high school in a classroom that I had never been in with a teacher I never had. The thing that set me off was that a girl I new in high school was in the front row of class with Jelly all over her face. She wasn’t concerned with it being smeared all over her face. That is when I asked myself what is she doing. Then I realized I was dreaming… A few seconds later and i woke up.

I don’t remember being overly exited to a point that would wake me up. It was just like I started to lose focus of the dreams and drifted out of the dream until I woke up.

Any tips on working with my dreamsign or prolonging lucidity would be great. Thanks in advance.

I’m not so good with prolonging lucidity, but I’ll tell you what I know about dream signs.

Instead of just telling yourself that the next time you see a movie or a TV star you’ll do a RC, just do it. What I mean is that the next time you see a movie star, do a RC. Immediately. I don’t care if you think you’re awake or asleep. Just DO it. Why? Because even in a dream state, we might think we’re awake, and we’ll neglect to do something while we’re asleep if we neglect to do it while we’re awake. Also, it builds a habit to RC every time you see a movie star. By building this habit, it eventually will transfer into a dream, and you’ll be performing RCs in your dreams as well!

So the night after I posted my question about finding my dream sign, I had a dream with about 3 movie stars in it??? To bad I couldn’t remember to check my reality.

My biggest problem is not having a RC fail. It is not being aware enough to ask myself to do a RC.

The two times I had an LD they were both DILD’s and they sort of just developed on their own.

I need to figure out a way to become more aware in my dreams. I think I am going to try WILDing.

I can’t think of any other way to become aware while dreaming.

I know that if I was aware enough to ask myself to do a RC, I would be able to become lucid. But the problem is that I’m never aware enough to ask. I just go with the flow.

Any tips on increasing awareness - whilst dreaming. I am very aware during WL. it just dosen’t carry over to dream world i guess.

Thanks in advance.