The lucidity challenge - LC1, LC2 and LC3

Man I can’t believe I had no LD… so lame…

I didn’t complete the task, but I did have a lucid dream last night.

Lucid in the mountains

[LD]I was at some sort of complex in the mountains at night when I realized I was dreaming. I decided I wanted to climb down the mountain, so I started going down a trail that led to the bottom.

As I climbed down, my dream started to become hazy. I didn’t want to wake up, so I tried to use dream stabilization methods. For some reason, I got these mixed up with reality checks, so I started counting my fingers and holding my nose and breathing through it. These, of course, didn’t work. I suddenly remembered the method where I had to focus on my hands. I did that and it worked.

I continued to climb, and I remember coming across a tiny structure. Possibly an outhouse. That’s what I remember[/LD]

I had an awesome LD this morning, but woke up when I was nearly finished with changing the weather.

Lucid in the Supermarket

I was in a supermarket with my mum and talked with her about dreams, and then suddenly I thought: “One moment: This here is a dream!”
[LD]At this moment I wanted to run around and do things you can only do in your dreams, but I feeled that the dream still was foggy and instable - I could wake up in the next moment. I called out: “Hey, I need a more vivid dream here now!”. It seemed to work. Then I went over to a frame with bottles and looked at them. Everything looked like in reality now, and it became more real with every second. I went over to a man with a yellow T-shirt and turned him around to look in his face. The face of the man looked just like it would be in reality - now I had the dream like I wanted it to.
Suddenly, for no reason my dream-eyes began to feel tired and closed. The dreamscape was gone, but I knew I couldn’t open my eyes now or I would wake up definately. I waited a bit and the dream came back. I was just like before standing in the supermarket.
I remembered the weather task and went out through a door. It was very rainy and as I looked up to the sky, I saw that it was full of grey clouds. I said to myself: “Aha, grey clouds - rain, so I want blue sky - no rain - sun!”. I concentrated and said: “This is my dream and when I want to change the weather i will!”. Sadly the rain only stopped for 500ms or so. I thought: “Okay , no problem - I will just find a weather-changing machine here”.

As I turned over I saw a cellphone-like box with red stripes standing only 3 meters away from me. On its top there was a thick, short antenna with a red and a green light.

Sudennly my eyes closed again very quickly. I know I was nearly woke up now. I waited a bit and then the dream came back again.

I went into the box, and now the dream began to become unreal and confusing again. In the box there was a letter lying. He was from Percy, the character from Harry Potter! oO
I opened it and started reading. There were only confusing thin gs written in it so I stopped reading. I don’t know why - but I went out of the cell again.

There was an uniformed man standing right in front of me. The man looked exactly like this:

(From Half-Life²)

I knew that must be my dream-police that trys to stop my lucid dreams. I got angry and went down to him. I shouted: “Oh hello dream police or should I say hello, SUBCONSCIOUS?! What are you going to tell me? That this is not a dream but reality or what?” I wanted to punch him down and started running at him. But then my eyes closed again.[/LD]

I felt myself lying on my bed :spinning:(), my heart beating very fast - to awake now to slip into the dream again just by closing eyes and waiting. I did some RCs to expel a FA.

I was so close to change the weather, but why did I wake up? :sad:

Score after task 2

1. 85 (+ 50) - Bravsein (10 task points 30 lucid points and 10 bonus points)
  2. 65 ( + 0) - KingMikeII
  3. 30 (+ 30) - Ian1 ( 30 lucid points)
  4. 20 (+0) - Wolb
  5. 0 - Magnus
  6. 0 - Maroonjaguar
  7. 0 - Tahku
  8. 0 - NeoMarine
  9. 0 - Malina
  10. 0 - Zeroexe

Task 3

Enter a tv show. Find a tv, switch it on and look what programme is on. Then jump in the tv and experience yourself inside what you saw.

• find a tv 5 points
  • have reception (eg there is something to see :wink: ) 5 points
  • manage to switch channels (see more than one thing on), and select channel you like to enter 5 points
  • try to jump inside but can’t get through 5 points
  • succeed in jumping inside but don’t end up in program 10 points
  • succeed to jump inside the program: 20 points
  • interact/explore where you ended up. 10 points

So a maximum of 45 points to be earned. (85 with lucid points and bonus points added)

good luck :dream:

you have until friday 10 august 17:30/5:30 PM GMT to complete this challenge and post your dream in this topic.

Stargate SG-1 : Off-world
We were on this planet and we knew that the enemy was coming, so we prepared ourselves, we had some mines that didn’t work(I think you had to shoot at them to get them to explode but noone did that and honestly the mines looked to be jars with hair gel). The enemy had that uniform SG-1 wears in the desert, we were shooting at the enemy but I don’t think I had a gun. We also had to retreat into our base, in the building were the stargate was, I think it was a woman who was the leader of us. Unfortunately when we came into the building we discovered it was an ambush, the enemy had taken over, so we had to give up. The enemy started with trying to get information out of Wolf but he couldn’t stop laughin when they interrogated him, soon it was my time to be interrogated I think and the also had some schedule of when they were going to execute the first one of us I think.

I started out in the middle of the TV-show so I never had to find a tv to jump into :razz:

I had a brief control dream in which I managed to jump into a TV, no lucidity though.

ND - Baywatch?
I was in a room I have never been in before. I noticed a fairly large TV and decided color=green[/color] I was supposed to enter a TV programme for some reason. Picking up the remote, I flicked to a beach scene in which several women were walking about in costume. I ran at the TV screen, entered the programme, landed on the sand and the dream faded

This is the weather-changing one that everyone keeps bugging me about!

The other day

LD – WILD – Flip

[LD]Yay! WILDness! I popped into the living room of my house and looked around. Everything seemed to be in order. Down to business: Changing the weather. I materialized a wall to my right, and created a small light switch on it. Out the front windows were clear, blue skies.

flip

Dark clouds rolled in quickly, threatening a storm.

flip

Birds sang and flew through the nice-weathered skies.

flip

Lightning. :bored:

flip

chirp chirp

flip

RUMBLE :eek:

“Okay, that was fun.”

ends LD voluntarily[/LD]

HAPPY? :tongue:

Score after task 3

1. 110 ( + 45) - KingMikeII (35 task points and 10 bonus points)
  2. 105 (+85) - Wolb (45 task points, 30 lucid points, 10 bonus points since you told me about the dream on the day itself, but next time post in time wolbeth )
  3. 85 - Bravsein
  4. 30 - Ian1
  5. 10 - Magnus (10 bonus points)
  6. 0 - Maroonjaguar
  7. 0 - Tahku
  8. 0 - NeoMarine
  9. 0 - Malina
  10. 0 - Zeroexe

task 4

Grow as large as the universe or even bigger, or shrink as tiny as an atom or even smaller.

• manage to grow but not as large as the universe10 points
  • grow as large as the universe or larger 20 points
  • manage to shrink but not as tiny as an atom 10 points
  • mange to shrink as tiny as an atom or smaller 20 points
  • do both 10 bonus points

So a maximum of 50 points to be earned. (90 with lucid points and bonus points added)

you have until sunday 12 august 17:30/5:30 PM GMT to complete this challenge and post your dream in this topic.

You know what sucks… I go to sleep right before u post the new task… then I wake up and my chance to do it is over LOL…

I have to try to wake up to read the task -.-

no, you have 48 hours to complete it. So you can try tonight :smile:

remember you can also do the previous tasks, you still get points for those, exept the 10 bonus points.

good luck!

In my planned dreamworld
I was in a church, at the altar there was a coffin with flowers lying. On the benches, there were only people in black clothes. I was standing beside and thinking of how I came to this place, then I went out to the entrace doors of the church, when-
Hey - I’m dreaming! Again! I thought: "Now it’s time to stabilize the dream and make everything look more real and clear - no, no time for that this night, I must do the grow-shrink task immediately. I concentrated on how it would look/feel when I would grow, and it worked! I growed to the ceiling of the entrace room of the church but then I stopped growing and I knew I just couldn’t grow further.

[com]I’m not so good at dream control yet, and I knew it would definately wake me up if I grew bigger.

Once I had planned my own dreamworld, and here is it’s description:

It is night, but still very warm. At the sky, there are thousands of stars. Everything around me is flat. On the ground, there is fine sand and only ankle-high water. A mild breeze that makes little waves on the water blows onto my hair. In front of me is a little house, built on high stilts with a ladder. There is a light burning in the house, someone is already waiting for me to come.

Of course the house isn’t just empty, but it would take too long to describe it now.
[/com]

Now I’m still standing there, thinking of what I would do now. Then I had the idea to teleport myself into my planned dreamworld.
I try to open the door of the church and expect my dreamworld behind it, but it doesn’t work and I only see the church again.
Then I start to spin around, quicker and quicker and concentrate on my dreamworld.
I stop to spin, and I’m really there - in my dreamworld, and it’s just like I planned it!
Through I was only low level lucid, I didn’t feel anything of the sand or the water. I walked straight ahead where this house should be but then I woke up =(

Wow - I didn’t know that! THANKS!

Score after task 4

1. 135 (+ 50) - Bravsein (10 task points 30 lucid points and 10 bonus points)
  2. 110 - KingMikeII
  3. 105 - Wolb
  4. 30 - Ian1
  5. 10 - Magnus
  6. 0 - Maroonjaguar
  7. 0 - Tahku
  8. 0 - NeoMarine
  9. 0 - Malina
  10. 0 - Zeroexe

task 5

Go to a library and find the Book of your Life, and look inside.

• find a library: 10 points
  • find the Book of your Life: 10 points
  • look in it but forget what it was: 10 points
  • read in the Book of your Life and remember it: 25 points

So a maximum of 45 points to be earned. (85 with lucid points and bonus points added)

you have until tuesday 14 august 17:30/5:30 PM GMT to complete this challenge and post your dream in this topic.

GAH! I slept past 3pm today (couldn’t get to sleep till 5am), and came back to the next challenge. GISH DERN IT!

Oh wells…

ND – Biiiiiiiiiiiig!

[ND]My friends and I were stranded on a small island surrounded by molten lava. :eek: I had grown to humongous proportions, and the group was trying to figure out a way to get to the mainland.

Since I was so big, it seemed natural that it’d be easier for me to get across. (Logic, anyone?) I tied as much clothing to my legs as possible, then carried a girl to the other side of the lava sea, which conveniently ended up in my bathroom. :eh: I placed her in the bathtub, then shedded the layers of clothing. It was rather embarrassing when her father walked in, for the scene did not look right. :peek:[/ND]

I know I had a LD this night, I woke up and knew it. The only thing I can remember now is that I didn’t manage to do the task, but I was happy that I still would get the lucid-points ^^

One important thing:

This friday, I’ll go on holidays for two weeks, so I can’t do the last two tasks =(

Ok I had a lucid dream amongst my other dreams… and I tell you, it was some pretty realistic dreams. Anyway, I was taking this girl up to my old house (on acreage) and we went up the stairs to my house. We got to the front door and I thought “wow” this is so real - hang on I must be dreaming. Bing bing, i’m now Lucid and open the door without any idea what it looked through the door. As I opened it, I noticed it was perfect - I guess my subconcious remembered it for me… we went into the room on the right and I told her to sit down while I try to summon a Television (I could only remember that task)… as I tried to summon the TV however my vision collapsed and I was in darkness - eventually leading out of my Lucidity.

Oh well, at least I remembered to try the task lol.

Score after task 4

1. 165 (+ 30) - Bravsein (30 lucid points)
  2. 110 - KingMikeII
  3. 105 - Wolb
  4. 30 - Ian1
  5. 30 (+ 30) - NeoMarine (30 lucid points)
  6. 10 - Magnus
  7. 0 - Maroonjaguar
  8. 0 - Tahku
  9. 0 - Malina
  10. 0 - Zeroexe

task 6
explore the depths of the ocean.

• find the ocean: 10 points
  • dive in the ocean 10 points
  • be underwater for more than 1 minute: 10 points
  • explore the depths of the ocean: 25 points

So a maximum of 55 points to be earned. (95 with lucid points and bonus points added)

you have until thursday 16 august 17:30/5:30 PM GMT to complete this challenge and post your dream in this topic.

I had a weird dream last night which gave me some control…

But since this challenge started I haven’t crossed the finish line :sad:

I had another LD this morning but I didn’t remember the task! argh Next time I must think of the task when going to sleep to remember it in my LD! :wallhit:

The lucidity pool

I’m (once more ^^) standing at the front of my the swimming pool of my house. My father is also standing there and wants to jump into the water in that moment. I ask him: “Do you think that this here could be a dream?”
He answers: “Haha, good joke. No, this is reality - really!” and then he smiles…
I say: “Well, I’ll do a RC anyway”

I put my fingers on my nose and try to breathe - yep it works, and I’m not very excited - the first thing I think of is this lucidity challenge task, but I can’t remember it! argh
Suddenly I fall into the water and loose my vision. I can hear how my parents stand up in RL, so I’m between the two worlds again, but I still can’t remember anything. =(
I give up and decide to wake up.

Dang! ^^

well, you remembered something of it since you dreamt of falling into water :smile:

but not enough to give you points for :tongue:

come on people, last challenge I post tonight :smile: