Character Assisted Lucid Dreaming - CALD Part III

My characters are good. Last night I did get chased around the castle by a very mad Sage because I had ‘accidentally’ put black felt on his dress/robe type thing.

Sage: hey it was totally uncalled for! you asked to be chased!

Sure… :roll: Felicia Emanuel and Sage get on tremendously and its nice that Emanuel is a bit shyer than the rest of them because Sage and Felicia have enough energy and confidence for the whole of Arveya. Karma is scilent most of the time and spends alot of her days in the forests of Arveya.
I love Snakes! So I think Serpentus sounds cute! Hows the rest of you characters?

^^~ Wow! Quite an experience… I sort of agree with the dream interpretation-- Perhaps you are feeling close with an aspect of yourself (perhaps your sensitivity? Being it was a hand ^^~ :stuck_out_tongue: Or maybe it was that you’re proud of your creativity? Since hands create…)
:stuck_out_tongue: I’m honestly not the best one to interpret dreams, I’m not really that experienced :P.

But was this woman thought up by you, or dreamed…?

^^~ Intriguing! And rather deep, I like it very much :smiley:

~Tal ^^~

Haha, I’m glad that everyone seems to be getting along ^^~
It sounds like they’re all a whole bunch of fun! XD
Karma sounds interesting-- But Sage is ever lovable XD Emanuel and Felicia seem sort of mysterious O-o;;
:3

Haha XD Serpentus is cute~ I’m glad you like snakes! We can share our love of reptiles, i hope :stuck_out_tongue:

My characters? ^^~ I don’t think I can say much, being that alot of how they are doing includes relationship statuses, and that those relationships have to do with another person’s characters, but they are generally contented-- No arguing too much, at least :stuck_out_tongue:

Great to hear from you! ^^~ I’m glad things seem to be going well XD

~Tal :3

Last night I dreamt that Tal was giving me tips on how to make my characters be more real and independent. :tongue:

Saichania and Aiden are a little miffed now that they haven’t yet appeared in any dreams of mine, yet Morph and Tal have both appeared in them. (Morph 3 times so far, and Tal once) (though all three of the Morph ones were before I had heard of CALD, back when he was just a storycharacter)

Hahaha XD Well that’s neat–

But hey, I hope they don’t get too offed, I’m sure that they’ll appear sooner or later! It’s interesting that Morphs popped up that much too-- :stuck_out_tongue: I am unfortuanate in that I only ever visually see my characters when I’m lucid XD

So have things been going well with your characters as of late?

~^^ Amused and happy,
Tal

[Progress Update~! ^^]

Yay XD~ I askedSerpentus to get me lucid today-- but from the blank stare he gave me I didn’t know if he got it…

So!

Since he was a simplistic animal character, and he has a basic personality… I didn’t think it would change much if I took his point of view on things.

So I entered his head, and visualized myself standing there… And I repeated my request-- XD And found that Serpentus very eagerly agreed to try when he understood english XD Then I sort of felt him slither off into his tree, and stare at nothing–

XD It was a very interesting experience, I was still watching from is POV and it was actually fairly amusing staring into nothing XD.

Me: “Serpentus! Help me get lucid, yeah?”
Serp: -Stare-
Me: " . . . hey? You get my meaning?"
Serp: -Stare o.—.o-
Me: “Uhm…”

Then I try visualizing XD

Visualized Me: “Hey! help get me lucid, 'kay…?”
Serp: Suddenly feels eager-- Nodnod, slithers off

XD That’s pretty much the summary of it-- I was suprised how much the reaction changed once I tried that… I guess since I know English and he doesn’t…?

A whole new level of ‘seeing through another’s eyes’ Ha? :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh yeah! And all of this was before bed-- it felt very vivid XD

But yes-- I had to visualize myself into my Serpentus’s view, and after that he seemed to get the gist of what I was saying :3~

So last night, after that request-- started getting bored, and decided I’d try FILD/HILD, because it’s a fun technique ^^~ Then I went into that space of semi-consciousness, it felt cool floating XD I made sure to ask Serp again while I was floating…

Anyways-- In my dream… I saw my characters! XD
It was very cool ^^~ But darn my recall! I’m pretty sure before I saw them, I had a lucid-- I just can’t remember anymore… ><;; I just remeber it being a very dramatic dream, very cool-- XD I’ll post the miniscule bit I remembered into my DJ :P~

Serp was very useful tonight XD I think I’ll have to ask for help in recall next time I try, too @___a XD

~Good luck guys~! :smiley:
~Tal :3[/img]

I would love to try this, but I don’t but I don’t really know how. Could someone explain me on how to do this?

Well, ^^~ Generally, you create a character, either consciously, or take a dream character out of a dream… And you have them help you get lucid–
Mostly, you get them developed to a point of realism, and then just get them to help you get lucid…By asking XD~

:3 It seems to work for some people-- XD But it helps to have willing characters, as well XD

In part 1, there’s a link to a tutorial on how to make the realistic characters ^^~

Some people ask how it works as well-- I think its sort of a type of auto suggestion XD But I think CALD’s been used in WILD attempts, where the characters keep you aware…

But in summary, you make a characters (or retrieve one from a dream) and have it get you lucid… :stuck_out_tongue:

~But anyways! XD I hope that answered your question…

:eek: I know the exact character I want :cool: So I’ll just imagine 'em during attempting wild and tell them to get me lucid right?

XD It’s good you have your character in mind-- but you can make them anytime you can concentrate! XD Already-made characters work better for WILD attempts :smiley:

But after you make them-- y es, you ask them to get you lucid ^^; Some people use them more so as tools… I personally try to get them as realistic as possible-- O-o; Though I’ve found simplistic characters to be useful too… ^^~

Good luck!

For picking the character, I’m just making sure, can I just pick one out of no where (none in my dreams) and I’m sure to enjoy that character?

^^~ It’s a personal choice, you’re allowed to chose any character :3
You can make one, or chose one, it doesn’t matter. :3 As long as you can develop that character and communicate with it. :3

There’s really no many restrictions when it comes to this technique ^^~ It’s a very varying tech… :stuck_out_tongue:

From one individual to another~! :smiley:

Good luck!

Well Sage almost got me lucid on Friday night which was a surprise. I think I was trying to bury him while he was yelling at me that I was dreaming :neutral:
My characters and I have been doing alot of auto suggestion before I sleep and it seems to be helping alot.
Congrats on your awesome progress Talon. It must have been so cool seeing your characters!

Haha, that sounds gruesome, but interesting ^^~
I’m glad you’ve been getting progress :smiley:
I’ve personally been going lucid quite often lately-- and as much as I’d like to attribute it to my characters and CALD, I couldn’t honestly do that D:>
They help keep in mind the RCs I do frequently, though XD.
And yes-- It WAS cool seeing my characters… and they’ve been popping up quite often, actually… :smiley:

:smiley:
I think, I will with the best of my ability go lucid tonight, so that I might conduct a few experiments, and fufill a few promises.

Definitely, tonight, I must ask a DC (which I’ve never tried) to help continualy get me lucid, and perhaps I will try asking Serpentus again to help achieve this-- If not asking them to show up and tell me (because we all know we miss it sometimes) I could ask them to just get me lucid regularly–
Regardless of if they actually show up or not, if I go lucid regularly (more so, XD I guess) Then I guess the result is all that matters…

XD So Yes! Hopefully, Sage can get you lucid tonight Astraea, and maybe oneday, if it proves constant enough-- we can schedule a get-together XD

~Happy lucids!
Tal :3

Its great youve been getting so many lucids! I havnt had one in awhile but I can feel one coming (hopefully :tongue: ) Sage is doing alot of hard work so I hope it pays off. I did feel quite guilty when I woke up and remembered my dream of trying to bury him. I hope that Serpentus agrees to help you to LD more often. Are you planning on doing anymore sketches of your characters?
A get-together would be great lol and differnitly interesting!

Thanks for the optimistic words ^^~
With all of that determination, I’m sure Sage’s work will be well-spent, and worthy of the great lucid you’ll get eventually XD
And at the very least-- You don’t chose what you dream until you’re lucid :stuck_out_tongue: So you never -intended- on burying him, yeah? It was just a ND, we can’t influence that till we go lucid ^^~

As for Serpentus? XD I tried yesterday and found he was asleep-- poor bugger, A few minutes after I asked, he went and fell asleep again-- I need to sleep earlier XD

I actually sketch my characters all the time! XD But if anyone really wants to see them more often, I’ll take requests XD (as long, as, obviously-- it’s not about something my character’s would never do! <8O!)

:stuck_out_tongue: I hope we could do that one day! It sounds like it could be fun ^^~ ( I see my friend on a regular basis in dreams-- we’ve had a shared dream or two already, we should really get our characters together one-day XD!)~

~Good luck, and happy lucids! :smiley:

I’ve recently took the plunge and added a fifth MC, Crysar. I tried for a compromise between having him spring forth with a preexisting personality like Saichania or Morph did, and having him as a blank slate like Aiden started out as. >_<

Currently he’s eagerly hoping for anger to absorb into himself (don’t ask) and happily awaiting a chance to destroy something. His personality seems to be a bizarre combination of youthful enthusiasm, angst, joy, innocence, and above all, anger, with a sprinkling of various other traits. An odd one to be sure.

I also finally got around to temporarily fixing a problem with the second island in the Mindworld, and in the process met several citizens of the city and learned a few things. (including the fact that there were the ruins of an ancient tomb in the forests to the Southeast of the city) (this was news because I hadn’t put them there at all) :confused:

Can someone give me a rundown as to how I would go about starting and practicing the CALD technique? I’m so confused about the whole procedure. :sad:

This seems like something I could really get into.

Go here: ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t … r=asc&&sta rt=30 (WTH, seems as if I’m not allowed to post the entire link :confused: Copy from my quote… No, that didn’t work either but simply remove the space)

And scroll down, not really in the middle but a bit higher up. There you’ll find Talon’s step-by-step guide on the character creation process (Thank you Talon :smile: For the first time I actually understand this brilliant technique).

XD Very cool! Crysar sounds absoloutely intriguing ^^~
XD I love him already!
Let’s hope he’ll chose to be very helpful!

As for your world-- What was wrong with the second island…?
I Can’t remember it being mentioned :O! Perhaps I’m not observant enough-- but at least it’s being fixed ^^~
The ruins sound very cool-- by the way :3 Proof that we don’t always have to make every single little detail of our dream worlds, some of it’s spontaneous XD

~Everything sounds fun XD Great update Mecha!
~Happy lucids ^^~
Tal