First steps to WILD part II (for basic WILD Q&A)

hey just a couple of minutes ago I started a WILD but i was interuped so it kept on feeling like the begining of a WILD. all my muscles are relaxed and every thing. this would be great exept i have a diseas caled tremores wich causes me to shake invalentarily, espectialy when my muscles are relaxed or I am asleep (The reason it take me hours to meditate).

PLEASE HELP ME!!! :help:

hi guys im fairly new but i have seen the guide on WILD and i got the num feeling but i didnt get any images like flashing lights so i dont think my dream was running… i was just standing there for an hour untill a bug landed on my cheek! :grrr: can anyone help me if so it would b much apriciated at least i got this far in 1 day :smile:

hmm, I guess the only thing that can stop the shaking is medicine or something…did the doctor give you anything for it?

Also, you can just ignore the shaking I suppose, or just try for a DILD or MILD or something :smile:

Maybe another technique is better for you? Try this topic, it may help greatly. :content:

I somewhere read that you don´t start dreaming until after some time … So i was wondering how WILD or VILD could work if you start dreaming at the time you fall asleep. Thanks

I think the key to WILD for me is getting further and further, closer and closer to success. There are certain stages in the process. The first thing that happens is I get mild tingles. I used to get excited at this point, thinking, “Oh, is this the vibrations?” and that would throw me back to full wakefulness.

So next time I tried, I knew that the mild tingles didn’t mean success. I didn’t get so excited. I ended up going to the next stage. Following me so far?

Now I am failing at later and later stages, closer to actual success. Last night I hit a REALLY INTENSE vibration. “OMG! I’m getting closer!” and I woke up.

Therefore, my technique is to slowly go through the stages until they’re old hat, not so exciting anymore. Eventually I will be at the last stage and it will work! It makes for multiple nights of failure, however. :razz: Meanwhile, getting through the stages, I repeat, “It isn’t working, it isn’t working.” I know, it’s so contradictory, but it helps to avoid excitement.

Another thing that helped me was doing something that would keep me awake while I tried to sleep. I recently took to listening to BrainWave Generator files. Tonight I’m going to try the technique in this thread: [A new WILD technique idea).

EDIT: (Wow, I joined 3 years ago and this is my second post. lol)

True, just wake up 4 to 6 hours after you went to bed and then wake up and do WBTB with WILD and you’ll be sure to be asleep fairly quickly. :content:

After so many attempts, I’ve finally gotten to the edge of WILD. When I do WBTB + WILD, I manage to get the strong HI that I need to get into the dream, but as soon as I get an image (with sounds and stuff) and I can open my dream eyes, and focus on the imagery, I wake up. It’s like I try really hard to focus, and feel the image slipping away, so I try to hold on and it fades away until only the area I was focusing on is still there faintly, and it looks like an afterimage, and my real senses come flooding back. When I don’t focus on the images, the same thing happens, only I’m left with nothing afterwards, no afterimage, just blackness and all my real world senses. For the first time this morning, I was able to look around a dream room, but I still woke up soon afterwards. I tried to move my dream arms, and I tried to talk in my dream, but just experienced my real arms moving (or trying to move, I was in SP, so I felt kinda drained of energy as I tried to move them) and heard my real voice mumbling. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong, but I can’t seem to get a full dream body, just dream eyes which I can open and close, and every time I try to focus or think, I wake up.

EDIT:
Here’s a thought: Maybe my body is unable to create a sleep paralysis condition, so when I try to move my dream body while I’m sleeping, I move my real body, and I can feel my real body moving around so it wakes me up. Except during dreams when I move, I still feel really drained of energy, but maybe that’s because my entire body is conditioned for sleep in every way but SP. If that’s the case, is there any way I can really get to lucid dream like everyone else?

i get to were i cant feel my body, and then i drift in and out of sleep because its hard to maintain it, but i havent really been able to withstand my mind, last night I thought i was in a dream so i picked up what i thought was my physical hand and did the nose RC and it worked. then i got so excited that i woke up :grrr:

I haven’t gotten that far yet, I’m hoping too, do you use WBTB or you do it directly at night?

normally i do it directly but wbtb isnt all that helpful to me unless i fall right back to sleep and if i do that i dont really get a good enough grip to hold on to my conciousness.

So…if you do it directly at night, doesn’t it take you a long time until you enter SP? (Where you can’t control your body)

well, it normally took me 20-30 min and then this sharp sting happened and i went numb, but i couldve controlled it if i wanted to using my mind to wake and control my body. after that its just the test of waiting until a area occurs and once your in you can edit the dream

Just this morning i decided to try WILD, so i layed down, and tryed to go to sleep while keeping my mind awake. I think i layed there for half an hour to an hour. My body felt rly numb but i couldnt get into SP or see any HI or anything. Is there something im doing wrong?

This is my first post here, but I thought I would go ahead and ask this question that has been bothering me since this morning. Last night I tried to LD using the wild technique, and Im pretty sure I got close. I got all tingly and then it felt as it I was falling really fast, but this freaked me out and I immediately opened my eyes. Then later, when I attempted WBTB, I didnt have an LD, but I recalled my dream in the morning and I remeber being in my dream and looking around and thinking this is strange. So I guess my question is, am I very close to having an LD? and I guess my other question is, are the two events related?

I attempted WILD last night and I got to a stage where I could feel an uncomfortable tingling on my chest and legs. It began after my mind started to wander after counting for a while. So was this close to WILDing?

Yes you were in fact close. You’re feeling the effects of SP (Sleep Paralysis), which just so you know, are all in your head. SP is pretty much only consciously experienced with WILDs, and while it’s scary, you just have to keep going through with it until you’re in a lucid dream. In fact, a good way to use SP to induce lucidity is when you’re fully out of control of your body (can’t move anything), open your eyes and most likely you’ll be in the dreamworld, lucid and free to use the full 90 minute REM period!

Now, what is SP? Basically it’s the body’s natural way of paralyzing your muscles and such so that you don’t carry out your dream actions in the real world. Believe it or not, you go through SP every single night, but most of the time (like when you aren’t doing WILDS), you’re unconscious and sleeping. Just know that it’s completely normal and in no way can it harm you.

Anyway, keep up the WILDing, you’re doing great!

while napping this afternoon i got a tingle in my arms during wild, but that was probably to fo eith blood circulation, they were at a very odd angle

Okay, well thanks :smile: Also, this did happen fairly quickly, I used the breath counting method to relax and I reached about 110 before it started. Does it normally happen that quickly? I expected it to be alot slower.

I sometimes count… hmm… 200 and nothing happens… maybe I’m a little paralized, but nothing more… I just feel like I can’t move my legs… It’s after WBTB… I’m falling asleep quite fast, but I can’t get nowhere with WILD… Anyway I’ll try :razz: