Transexuality

Quote by DayLight
I assume you find it moral and OK to have “defects” like depression and schizophrenea, so why not transexualism?

I don’t think depression and schizophrenea are okay, i think that they should be dealt with appropriatly.

Oh and by the way, I didn’t read past the quote i used. sorry

How I feel …

crossdressers … perfectly fine but it is ideal if they can be open with their partners

actually changing gender surgically … also ok with it … but I have a niggling doubt when you hear about the males who change gender quite late on in life after being in the army or navy and being married and raising children. At the back of my mind is the thought if they were really in the wrong body they wouldn’t have been able to do this since it would have been so alien to them. and so feel this is due to their thinking different genders are totally different and so letting stereotyping affect them

living or occasionally acting as the opposite gender … also ok but honesty with partners is really important

In the first post you made in this thread, when you said “i don’t think it’s alright”, did you mean that it’s not alright as in transexuality is immoral, or it’s not alright as in transexuality should be treated?

My 2 cents…

It’s not the way it’s supposed to be (otherwise there would be no distress), but since it was not a choice in the first place, anyone whose sexual matters aren’t “the usual” should be left in peace.

Morality is beyond the point too, because of the above reason.

That’s exactly what I was thinking. I mean, the treatment for transexuality IS to get the sex change. Of course, before that you have to go to therapy for awhile and take some test to see if you really want this and you’re not just confused.

I find transexsualy a interesting event, but it would be better to not exist since people suffer from it. I do not think it is wrong and am happy there are possibilities like operations for the people who would be happy with those kind of possibilities.

As for me, I have no problems with my gender. However, for some reason, people I meet on the internet often think I am a girl. :tongue:

It’s strange that people won’t stretch themselves to understand both conditions. I guess it’s a numbers thing - Whichever is more of a minority will get the least understanding. I hate how society is like that :sad:

Anyway, I’m fine with transexualty and all gender issues. I wish people happiness who are going through something like this. It would be very odd if nature produced complete females and males all the time. It makes sense that people can be born with different percentages of one sex or the other. So obviously the amount is going to affect whether you will be hetrosexual, homosexual, transexual etc.

Myself, I’m hetrosexual. But I’ve had thoughts like ‘It would be nice to be male just so that i could hang around with boys more’. I share so many interests with them especially in music, film, books. Girls rarely make me laugh, but i haven’t met a lot of people.

I’ll have to stop writing this for now as its late. :clock: Probably add more another time

I’m comfortable with my gender…

I guess my post was misleading. :content:

comments about bonaparte removed :moogle:

Back on topic, I could never say to a transexual that i understand his pain, or that he’s not trying hard enough to be satisfied with their gender. I could only sympathise with the person that he is feeling sad or uncomfortable himself. While i don’t agree with all the labels that some people have; i may not understand or approve of homosexuality, religion, etc, in the end i treat a person as a person, without labels or prejudice.

Wow, that Bonaparte guy really derailed this topic…he’s a troll, plain and simple. I have never heard first hand a person being that ridiculously hateful towards a group of people before. It’s so over the top, that it’s pretty funny.

All the troll posts by Bonaparte and the off topic replies have now been removed :moogle:

To be perfectly honest, I would prefer to be a woman over being a man. I am a guy, though, and I will just play the hand that I was dealt. The whole idea of getting surgery to change my sex just really seems unnatural to me, though. Like, I would rather be a true guy than a surgically altered woman. It just seems really unnatural to me. Interestingly, I remember hearing a stat that the majority of men who change to become women, most of them don’t get the final surgery replacing the penis with a vagina. Like, I think the stat said 1% go through with the procedure, or some other really low stat.

for better or worse transexuallity to me is a mental health problem. if a man wants to be another gender there is something wrong mentally with him regardless of what people may think.

Society for the most part brushs over transexuals but to me they have a mental health problem and needs to be treated as such.

All the recent posts by Bonaparte and the off topic replies have been removed. We can now get back to having a civilised discussion :yay:
For any new members … remember to respect other members :content: and trolls won’t be tolerated here

Moogle’s always here to save the day! :grin:

thanks for not deleting the 2nd part of my post, i hate when people just delete the whole post. :tongue:

Just to make clearer what i meant here - I think there is probably a very small percentage (around 8% maybe) of people in the whole world who are purely one sex.

That’s a good way of putting it.

I don’t agree with that. Treating a transexual with drugs and therapy is not going to make them suddenly accept their body of the opposite sex. For example (I’m not very good at examples - I know what i mean but i’m not sure if the rest of you will :confused: ) Nature makes mistakes with limbs so ofcourse it can make mistakes with hormones and that kind of thing too.

I stop caring, I still feel the same way. I guess in some way I just realised nothing is ever going to change. It’s really hard to explain. :bored:

Ditto, TRJR. :wink: that is actually also my main reason to get into LD:ing. But I have not succeeded FULLY yet. More LD’s to come :wink:

Oh, and to say something about the subject… I can’t see why it would be wrong. Not at all. What I’m “scared” of mostly are grown-up males who dress in women-clothes. It looks freaky. But if you’re the kind of transexuals who deep inside feel “Why do I have to be of this gender?” that’s completely okay for me. I wouldn’t disrespect / hate / whatever that kind of person in anyway (unless they had an uncaring personality :wink: )

I have some interesting experience regarding this topic. When I was young I had a dream that I was a girl, and it affected me ever since. But after many years of contemplation, I realized that I didn’t want to actually be a girl, per se. I just wanted the feeling of being a girl, like in the dream, which I have since been cultivating via meditation.

I don’t really consider myself male. I don’t think I could classify as such. My innate behavior and attitudes are very androgynous. And not once have I ever masturbated like a guy. (and no, I’m not going to elaborate)

The only “guy” things I have any interest in are video games and physical strength, although lately I haven’t been spending much time on the latter.

So who here on this forum is transexual. Becuase i think i’m getting the wrong message here, it seems that everyone is ok with it and that there are like three people here that are. Other than this site, aren’t people more “close minded” towards this subject.

I don’t consider myself transexual, the term has its own connotation. I might use androgynous to describe myself, but even that isn’t entirely accurate.