First steps to WILD part II (for basic WILD Q&A)

i get to were i cant feel my body, and then i drift in and out of sleep because its hard to maintain it, but i havent really been able to withstand my mind, last night I thought i was in a dream so i picked up what i thought was my physical hand and did the nose RC and it worked. then i got so excited that i woke up :grrr:

I haven’t gotten that far yet, I’m hoping too, do you use WBTB or you do it directly at night?

normally i do it directly but wbtb isnt all that helpful to me unless i fall right back to sleep and if i do that i dont really get a good enough grip to hold on to my conciousness.

So…if you do it directly at night, doesn’t it take you a long time until you enter SP? (Where you can’t control your body)

well, it normally took me 20-30 min and then this sharp sting happened and i went numb, but i couldve controlled it if i wanted to using my mind to wake and control my body. after that its just the test of waiting until a area occurs and once your in you can edit the dream

Just this morning i decided to try WILD, so i layed down, and tryed to go to sleep while keeping my mind awake. I think i layed there for half an hour to an hour. My body felt rly numb but i couldnt get into SP or see any HI or anything. Is there something im doing wrong?

This is my first post here, but I thought I would go ahead and ask this question that has been bothering me since this morning. Last night I tried to LD using the wild technique, and Im pretty sure I got close. I got all tingly and then it felt as it I was falling really fast, but this freaked me out and I immediately opened my eyes. Then later, when I attempted WBTB, I didnt have an LD, but I recalled my dream in the morning and I remeber being in my dream and looking around and thinking this is strange. So I guess my question is, am I very close to having an LD? and I guess my other question is, are the two events related?

I attempted WILD last night and I got to a stage where I could feel an uncomfortable tingling on my chest and legs. It began after my mind started to wander after counting for a while. So was this close to WILDing?

Yes you were in fact close. You’re feeling the effects of SP (Sleep Paralysis), which just so you know, are all in your head. SP is pretty much only consciously experienced with WILDs, and while it’s scary, you just have to keep going through with it until you’re in a lucid dream. In fact, a good way to use SP to induce lucidity is when you’re fully out of control of your body (can’t move anything), open your eyes and most likely you’ll be in the dreamworld, lucid and free to use the full 90 minute REM period!

Now, what is SP? Basically it’s the body’s natural way of paralyzing your muscles and such so that you don’t carry out your dream actions in the real world. Believe it or not, you go through SP every single night, but most of the time (like when you aren’t doing WILDS), you’re unconscious and sleeping. Just know that it’s completely normal and in no way can it harm you.

Anyway, keep up the WILDing, you’re doing great!

while napping this afternoon i got a tingle in my arms during wild, but that was probably to fo eith blood circulation, they were at a very odd angle

Okay, well thanks :smile: Also, this did happen fairly quickly, I used the breath counting method to relax and I reached about 110 before it started. Does it normally happen that quickly? I expected it to be alot slower.

I sometimes count… hmm… 200 and nothing happens… maybe I’m a little paralized, but nothing more… I just feel like I can’t move my legs… It’s after WBTB… I’m falling asleep quite fast, but I can’t get nowhere with WILD… Anyway I’ll try :razz:

This has happened to me, I started getting all tingly and I started feeling like I was falling really fast, I got all freaked out and woke up. So was i really close to becoming lucid in my dream then?

falling really fast? sounds like a way to get out of your body for OOBE

You are not “a little paralysed”, the numbness is NOT Sleep Paralysis.

This is for all you noobs (Not you YOU but you others):
SP is a rare thing and is NOT a part or a step in the WILD technique. I am so sick of people saying “Oh, I almost did WILD yesterday! I got to SP but I can’t get any further”. That is bullshit, people think that just because their legs or body got numb that they must be in SP.

I’m not going mad at anyone, I simply want to clear this out.

So I almost had an OOBE? Then I didnt almost have a lucid dream?

lol I’m not sure what you had

I haven’t been here for a while but I have been practicing and bought the EWLD book :wink:

I finally managed to get my first WILD a couple of weeks ago :content: Words really can’t describe the feeling but here’s what happened.

I woke up one morning and was able to remain completely stationary. I just opened my eyes a little and felt like I could really easily fall asleep. I closed my eyes and told myself the next thing I’m gonna see is a dream. Very soon (just a few seconds) I realised my eyes are open and I’m seeing the room again. I tried to close my eyes but realised they were already closed! :woo: The image of the room got clearer and I felt like I was completely awake. But the room was different. I very carefully got up and went outside. I jumped in the air and was finally 100% sure it was a dream. The next thing I notice I’m being pulled out of the earth, through all these galaxies and stars. I thought it was strange how my mind could create all those as they looked very real. I started to get scared of where am I being taken and simply decided to return to the earth. That was a mistake though, cause I wasn’t able to do a lot anymore. I tried to appear on a completely different location, but it was like my mind was stopping me. I didn’t believe it could be done, so it didn’t happen. :cry: That’s always my biggest problem in LD’s. When I woke up I wasn’t able to open my eyes or move, so I just layed there for a moment before getting up, once again with a big grin on my face. :grin:

Anyway, this is not really WILD related question, but… How could I get over the feeling that theres no way I could teleport myself to a location that’s far away, or that I’ve never been in?
I know it’s possible, but when I have LD i just don’t have enough confidence to make it happen. It seems unbeliveably hard to imagine a new place and get to it. :sad:

Great job Mikk! I’m going to try that tonight saying “next thing I’m gonna see is a dream”

So am I :smile: