Cool new optical illusion - bet you haven't seen this one b4

This optical illusion consists of 2 images, one is 4 coloured sqaures, the other is 4 grey squares. After staring at the first image for approx. 20 secs it will change to the next, and you should see some really vivid colours.

s17.photobucket.com/albums/b56/E … colour.gif

I made it myself, but i got the idea from a video lecture i saw once.

Enjoy!

EDIT: this is not one of those screamer pranks, i promise.

That’s pretty neat, I guess it’s the optical equivalent of putting one hand in a bowl of hot water and one in a bowl of cold then taking them both out and putting them into a bowl of room temperature water. Your brain flings up the opposite to what was previously there before realising it’s mistake.

hmm never tried that b4

To the hand that’s been in the hot water the room temperature water feels freezing and vice-versa. It takes the brain a few seconds to discern the actual temperature so you get two very different feelings from the same small area of water, it’s a bit of a weird feeling.

That’s a very weird optical illusion, the best I’ve seen

ahh there is ONE better

it’s the same concept, where you see the color picture but it goes to black and white.

but this one is a full color picture of a castle. Unfortunately, that is much more interesting then just 4 boxes :lol:

but i applaud the efforts. If i had not already seen the other one, this would be the coolest i have ever seen, because the effect is just so damn cool.

The one with the castle can be found here. Its really amazing. :eek:

:eek: Wow, thanks for sharing! That really is amazing! :lol:

I moved my eyes too much the first time I looked at the squares, so the first time I didn’t get the effect… but then I tried the castle, and since they said “don’t move your eyes” I didn’t, and when it went into black and white I didn’t even realize! :lol: I was just thinking “huh? This is just a normal picture of a castle…” until I looked away and realized it wasn’t colored! :rofl:

The squares one is cool too. Ahh, what tricks the mind plays on you, it’s amazing. :content:

/me goes to look at the illusions again.

oh yeah i forgot about that castle one…

the only thing is with the castle one you just see normal colours, like blue sky, green grass, etc.

but with the sqaures, the original colours change to flourescent pastol colours :smile:

WOW WOW WOW !!!
REALY awesome ,both of them !!

Both of those are really cool! I love this kind of thing :happy:

Woahh!!! The castle thing is amazing! Thanks 4 sharing…

Canasta, your avatar looks like the optical illusion lol

holy crap, that’s awesome! it kept me entertained for almost 10 minutes. :eek: :nuu: :twirl: :nuu: