This is hell

Heh, I know what you’re talking about. Integralists themselves, at least in Brazil, are more of a weird joke. But some stuff that goes on around here is really creepy. America is a sick, sick continent, sometimes.

Oh, I did not mean political integralists, but religious integralists.

You know, fundamentalists.

If you’re talking about fascism, yeah, we invented even that, sadly. But this is off-topic.

Btw, this topic demands a Nightwish quote:

“Welcome down… to my… Planet… Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell!!!”

Personally I don’t believe in religion, so Hell is just made up. Earth is Earth, and that’s where we are. Hell is more or less just a description.

Save yourself a Penny for the Ferryman, Save yourself and let them suffer!

I love Nightwish’s Planet Hell.

And I agree with Tahku. Hell was an imaginary construct used to frighten people into Christianity. Join or Die and all that.

Just so this is clear, I was realy bored when I started this thread and I dont truly believe in any one religion or that this is realy hell, lol I just wanted to see how many religious nuts would show up and rant and I wanted to witness for myself the diversity of this sites members.

That’s relieving. Believing that hell is underground is like saying astronauts can fly to heaven.

It’s also a medieval belief caused by ignorance about how stuff worked planets-wise.

there ya go, lol I’m still suprised that people havn’t stopped posting on this. well it just shows how much people are realy attached to religion.

Attached to religion? More against stupidity, I’d say.

the earth was created AFTER satan was chucked to hell
i actually read paradise lost a few weeks ago
it was good

I’m gonna be straight with the OP: Christianity is a piece of crap and had led to morale corruption all across the globe, so please don’t propagate Christianity on LD4All.

that is not fair. on very few matters (mainly sexual) has christianity actually led to something as strong as moral corruption. the rest is just human nature, and the longer we keep blaming things like religion the longer we allow it to rot away within ourselves without doing something about it. besides, Shelley put the religion is evil thing forwards in his Queen Mab with such radiant eloquence that anything else on the subject looks shabby and ridiculous.
Though if the state of prostitution in the modern world is down to christianity, it really does have a lot to answer for. i should know, im in amsterdam at the moment!

You appear to not know what moral corruption is.

Moral corruption includes malicious fanaticism (like an undying will to spread Christianity), amoral opinions about life itself, malicious hypocricy, sadistic lifestyle, all that bad stuff.

Christianity as I see it is a malicious religion because it has continually “crusaded” across the Earth and wiped out many other populations, which is already the case of the Sami rune drums (almost, at the very least).

The people who follow Christianity have done that, Cid. The religion itself is very beautiful(albiet, as was stated before a couple issues regarding sex, as well as women). The way modern Christians interpret the Bible is only one of the many interpretations out there.

And that current interpretation contradicts itself on many occasions, thus rendering Christianity THE most useless religion to follow. Buddhism is way better if I was forced to choose one.

Scientology comes to mind…

I’m not dissing or thinking Scientology on purpose if that’s what you’re thinking. I’m just an atheist and approach facts scientifically.

because of the heaven/hell thing, religion motivates to fanaticism in a more than anything else. but we can get fanatical about anything (football hooliganism anyone?)
and people were sadistic, twisted, imperialistic, amoral and hyppcritical before jesus came along, and will be so untill after ‘christ’ is just the first six letters of christmas (which, fyi, is never going away)

Well, as one atheist to another, I think it’s sort of silly to start comparing religions to see which one is better than the other. The good ideas in Christianity and Buddhism are good ideas because they make sense, and when we think about them we can see that they agree with reality. It’s the same with the bad ideas.
So, good and bad ideas stand or fall by their own merit.
For example, the Golden Rule is a good idea because it makes sense to treat people the way you would want to be treated, not because it’s a part of Christian doctrine. That’s just one example, but there are many more.

I was comparing the moral ethics and not the gods worshipped.

Then it sounds like we agree.