First Steps to MILD (for all basic MILD related Q&A)

thanx i will try it out :smile:

Yup, especially WBTB+VILD works good.

I have one question for you, when you’re repeating your mantra, do you do it when you’re in bed and fully awake. Or do you lay there for a while and wait until you’re about to lose conciousness/drift off then do it?

merged in first steps to MILD topic ~ Q ~

I have no success in MILD but I think you would lay there for a while and wait until you’re about to lose consciousness/drift off to sleep then do it. Might be more effective.

yea i agree with kT4all

Can my MILD technique be this: i imagine myself flying and i say to myself, when i fly, ill be dreaming?

Just found some good information on Reality Checks. Some I knew, but others I did not so I thought I would post them somewhere on this site.

Breathing Can you breathe through a tightly shut nose?

If you’re swimming, can you breathe underwater?

Jumping When you jump, do you float back down?

Reading Do sentences change when you read them?

Read, turn away and repeat it to yourself, and then turn back and read it again. Do this twice.

Vision Do you have perfect vision? This only works for people who have at least slightly blurry vision in the waking world.

Hands Are your hands a strange colour, have too many fingers (sometimes they disappear and reappear when you try to count them!) or have other abnormalities?

Can you push your finger through your other hand?

Time Does your watch or clock tell a reasonable time? Are you even able to read the time off it? Sometimes clocks have the wrong number of hands or have strange symbols. Note: Digital clocks often work better for this reality check.

Powers Are you able to fly (just visualise it), unlock doors, or use other magical powers? Try to change the shape of your body, or walk through a wall, window, or mirror.

Light switches Does a light switch work?

Mirrors Do you look normal in a mirror?

Nose Can you see your nose with one eye closed?

Memory Are you able to remember how you got here, why you are here and what happened an hour ago? This is not always a reliable reality check!

Finger Stretching Are you able to elongate your finger by pulling on it? Body-image is malleable in the dream state, so this is quite reliable if you believe it will work. In the waking world you can pass it off as cracking a knuckle.

The best RC is holding your nose and trying to breath through it :grin: :grin:

Well i’ve been trying MILD and WILD for a few days now, and both give me results, not lucidity yet, but better recall than i had before.

My tech. is simply the “Im going to sleep now, im going to dream, when i wake-up i’ll remember my dream” for the MILD (i’ll go into WILD in the correct thread) and its improved my recall, but thats just about it

I was wondering if anyone has advice to improve the quality of my recall’s or to reach decent lucidity (for ex., should i think about a previous dream i had or no ?, etc)

Also, say i wanted to dream about something specific, any tips on how to achieve that ?

To get into a specific dream you would ‘daydream’ of what you wanted to be in and start doing RC in them and sooner or later it would turn into a dream. You would do this normally with the previous dream you had when your trying MILD+WBTB

Does the previous dream have to be the actual previous dream (say from the previous night) or can it be any previous dream ?

Just curious.

Well you could do any previous dream I suppose, but what I’m saying is that you go to sleep normally and you have a dream and then you wake up at like 3 AM and you do the dream that you just dreamed and you do that with MILD + WBTB

Sorry about the question if there was the answer, but I tried to find it. I tried MILD 4 times, I get LD only after 2nd try. If I will be training everyday, will results be better? I think that 25% chance for the beggining is pretty good, but I expect little more than 25% in the future. Will practice make my chances higher?

Can somebody answer? :smile:

That is a brilliant result for someone just starting to use MILD. It is difficult to say what the percentage will become with practice. All i can say is that you appear to have a natural ability to LD so it looks good :grin:

LaBerge have about 21 LDs per month with his MILD technique. Can anyone master it to that level or just MILD works great for him?

I think MILD is the most powerful technique to induce LDs.
Training is very important, especially for this way of inducing LDs because everything depends on your subconscious and that doesn’t learn things from one day to another. The longer you try, the higher is your chance to get a lucid dream.

~moritz

moved into first steps to MILD

:happy:

Don’t know if anyone remembers me, I posted alot last winter. Just wanted to say hey, and it’s nice to be back.

Also, any tips on how i can use mild with my schedule? Getting up at 5:30 fails :neutral:

There is a welcome back thread in The Gathering part of the forums post there :content:

moved into First Steps to MILD :moogle:

Hi I am posting this because i can’t find anything on MILD ing. I know MILDing is reminding your self to remember you are dreaming before you go to sleep, but is there anything else i should know, possibaly specific techniques.