How realistic/absurd are your dreams?

I get an even mix of both. I like the random ones though because they make me lucid. Lots of wtf moments to realize I’m dreaming. Even if I don’t get lucid, they’re still very fun dreams.

I’ve had 2 ND with zombies in it. I was trying to fight off a zombie with a pencil, b/c my dad wouldn’t give me the gun. :happy:

The other one, was a freaky game that I was in.

Im still at the stage of trying to recognise dreams.
My dreams are realistic but with an obvious flaw/clue that I never realise until I wake up :grrr:
Yesterday’s dream was, me going to a bar and being served a beer by Moe (simpsons), I didnt realise something was wrong until I woke up :cry:

My dreams are incredibly detailed, which makes it difficult to realise that they’re dreams even though what happens in them may be totally ridiculous!

Last night, for instance, I was so convinced by my dream that I failed to get lucid even when sat next to myself on a coach!

Dang!

thats a good sign… means you should have a lucid fairly soon. perhaps try to remember to do reality checks while your at the pub and also while your watching simpsons :wink:

My dreams have been so realistic lately that it’s hard to become lucid. Strangely I’ve been reliving random memories in my dreams, so that just makes it harder to make the realization. The wierd part is that when I see something out of place, I use lucidity to correct it…It’s like I just want to have normal dreams or something, I often wake up and wonder why I fixed the mistake instead of exploiting it. :eh:

My dream last night (actually day) was typically inbetween. After my brother and I were done climbing a tree and waving a stick and a 2 by 4 around for some reason, we meet my little sister who does not exist fighting with her friend (or girlfriend, I had a hunch) and go to the store, and i comfort her, she becomes happy, then turns into a cat and almost gets run over by a car. I have a false awakening where my two friends have broken into my house and are smoking weed. To get in they had knocked over the computertable at wich I am currently sitting while climbing in though the window. The monitor was broken, it was the wrong kind of monitor, and my friend said “you have to fix your monitor”. I thought it was strange that I didn’t hear the table falling over. I figured I can sleep through anything.
My cat woke me up by biting the sole of my foot.

My dreams are usually completely normal, but something about them always seems weird. checks DD

Actually, you know what? My dreams are the weirdest things ever!

1. I was living in Webkinz world, and my webkinz was being bratty. I bought the pool that I’ve been wanting to buy, though!
  2. Eden and I were in an aisle, and there was something chasing us. I think it was a giant doll… (?) Eden and I started running, and it was chasing us. Then it disappeared, and I checked to make sure it was really gone. It was, so I told Eden it was safe, but she didn’t believe me and kept running. Then there was this huge fire that was chasing us down the aisles (like Crabbe’s fire in Harry Potter 7?) and always came close to catching us, but never did. I ran and ran and arrived at Rudy’s house. The fire didn’t follow me, but there was something really bad and scary there, and it was big and completely covered in a cloak. I fought it (I think, I forget the details) and ran down the street, where I saw the fire in the house next door.
  3. there was a flashback of the teacher and this hedge thing that said something like ‘HI TEACH!’
    that one was in animation, and the teacher was the one from hey, arnold
    I’ve had weirder, but I’ve been neglecting my DD a little.

Often my dreams are quite random, but I often have dreams about what I think about the most, for example I love Stargate and probably think about it… well most of the day! So often my dreams are Stargate dreams. If you would read my DJ you would find that my dreams are random, very random.

well i once dreamt (not long ago)of a meeting or conference were we had to say why the first four volumes of "THe wheel of time are better then the ones coming after(i got lucid for a moment and judged the suroundings and critisised that some details werent good enough…)
then i am in the ranks of the room and im sitting next to a girl and we see her sister starting to jump down into the room below … i assure her that nothing can happen to her cause she can float now …i brag a bit that i can to and she gives me a green ring …end(well there was more before but isnt my DJ)

btw i dont have a crush on here and she is way to young for me …

Well, that dependant. My dreams usually look real, but their content (speeches, for example) are totally twisted. Although certain dreams did include undead and the like…

Reaistic in the sense of “good graphic” … sometimes more often less good

Many of my dreams follow the premises of movies (e.g. 28 Days Later, The Devil’s Backbone, Pokémon :lol:…).

But my dreams are never OFF-THE-WALL insanity. There may be some unrealistic things here and there, but overall, my dreams are pretty normal.

I won an award on here for the weirdest dream…

I think that’s proof enough that mine are completely absurd, but if you need more, check my DJ…

My dreams are certainly a mix of realistic and not, and sometimes both at once. But i feel my dreams have generally become more and more realistic as i’ve gotten older… cept for a few common exceptions. But i certainly would say i had more fantasy like dreams as a kid, and not as a young adult.

Generally i have dreams of being at work, or at college with friends, and have both realistic and non-realistic qualities.

For example, last night i was at the local gorge on my college campus swimming with friends. Something quite realistic, but people were jet skiing there, something that would never happen in those rocky waters.

And i often have dreams of being like a video game (obviously not realistic), and usually a shooting video game. And instead of physically performing my actions in these dreams, i sometimes feel some kind of video game controller in my hand that guides my actions. And i can always pick up ammo by just walking over a dropped gun, like in a game.

But oddly enough, i always seem to gain lucidity in my more realistic dreams. But my actions i perform are generally not realistic (for the material world at least), like flying, walking through walls, and calling a spirit guide.

Strange dreams :tongue: I dreamt I was in a house with my friends and I sucked my teeth too hard and it fell out, I found that completly normal :happy: I was like: oh damnit, I sucked my teeth too hard and now it’s out :sad:

Then I went to a shop and searched for a bottle of water. There were like so many bottles, some cooled some not, some half empty. Some even not sealed anymore. So I took a bottle of ‘Evian’ but the guy said that that bottle was 6euro and I was like: WTF 6euro for a bottle of water, then I looked on the label and it said 5euro (it was a nightshop so it was normal that it was more expensive). He said that Evian is a well know water brand and thus expensive, so I took another bottle and it tasted like coca cola vanilla.

And yeah… dreams like that :tongue:
I invaded a base when a guy was chasing me and stuff like that. Those are my favourite dreams, the adventurous ones :smile: In a distant land and crazy stuff happens, I really like those! The other day I was jumping of walls and stuff like that, really cool xD My dreams own! I enjoy sleeping :happy:

I’ve been lucid once and then the dream was kinda realistic, in my own house

you know whats cool about being lucid at the shops? you don’t have to pay for anything. i don’t even bother leaving, just stay in the shop and eat/drink all their nice stuff :smile:

ahah! That made me laugh!
Dang it, you made me want a lucid dream even more!

ummmm… I’ve had some pretty crazy dreams in the past, one that was particularly weird was living a day in the life of a rock… i basically watched a whole day pass (kinda fast forwarded) as a rock… being pooed on by birds, trodden on, rained on etc.

I actually find most of my dreams are quite interesting… and most of the time i cant remember anything I’ve done that would make me dream some of the stuff i dream. i don’t think I can remember one dream that was like WL, except for the ‘going to school dreams’ but even then, it always seems to be on a Saturday! :happy:

Mine are usually realistic, every day type things but the context and times are all muddled. Ocasionally i have these really intersting dreams with fantasy stuff and original surroundings in them but i’m hardly present in the dream. It’s more like i’m watching a movie. Unfortuantely i often wake up from these before the story ends :grrr: and with not much recall (Must work on that!)