First steps to WILD part II (for basic WILD Q&A)

Are you familiar with Wild?
Is it very hard to manage or is it easy when you get into it?

Can I add you to my msn?
I am Norwegian and 14 years old.
since you are swedish we can talk to each in swedish and norwegian.

zebbern just PM him bout that stuff. WILD is pretty hard for some and easy for others. Idk try it and if you find it easy to do then thats the technique for you.

Who me?

No Zebbern PM MovieMe for that information

Meditation really helps the effectiveness of WILD in my opinion. I do the same thing I do while meditating for the WILD technique. I focus on my breathe and think, “rising, falling”. I don’t think WILD has ever worked for me more than a few times though. My problem with it is that once I hit the hypnosis stage, my eyelids shutter violently, :bored:. I can’t seem to relax them when all the crazy white light, color flashes, and visions start flooding my vision. If anyone has had this problem and/or knows how to solve it, please share your wisdom. :happy: If I could overcome this, WILD would probably be my best/prefered induction technique, next to HILD. I would also like to know if WILD is the actually an advanced method for more vivid dreams. (High Lucidity)

I’ve started to get back into WILD, Here’s my plan of action :tongue:

WBTB 5-6 Hours.
Autosuggestion for a minute or two
Tense all my muscles from legs to head ( 5 mins )
Reverse blinking to get my body more relaxed and my brain into trance.
I will then concentrate either on my breathing or heartbeat and count them Until i reach the HI stage.
Once I start seeing HI (hopfully) I’ll use slight muscle movment to induce SP early.

Sighs I attempted WILD last night and I think I did pretty well. I got to the stage where I tried to lift my arm a littlle, but it was extremely difficult (Whereas I tried this morning- not doing WILD and it was easy) I could almost feel my dream arm, but the thing is that there was no HI only the black of my eyelids and the SP was a very brief weak tingling.

Anyway, my sister then opened her bedroom door and it shut, making me jump and waking me up completely :sad:

Is it normal for the SP to be so breif, or was that not the SP yet?

Also, when does the HI come in?

You did not experience SP, yet :wink:
And from the way you described it you should already been able to see HI.

Myself I got to the part were I got this vibrating feeling in my body, but I never managed to fall asleep.

The vibrations however is a good sign. Means you’re getting relaxed. Becoming further away from your phsyical body.

Ok well basically, I’ve been trying LDing for the last month or so. At first I tried the RC and DD stuff, but I didn’t really get anywhere. My recall did improve though, I must say. But I wasn’t getting any LD type experieces, so I sort of decided that I can’t really seem to trust my mind when I’m not in control of it…it’s a bit annoying lol. Anyway, I at last tried a WILD last night. I didn’t get any HI etc., but I did sort of get a result. What happened was, I started to sort of relax, and tried to keep my mind emptyish, and sort of go into trance. After a while, I found my legs twitching occasionally. I tried not to pay too much attention. I then started to drift off, but still semi-concious. I think I must have started to lose it though, and I felt this sudden kind of jerk behind my navel! I wasn’t prepared for that, and sat straight up. I then tried again, this time using reverse blinking and trying to get SP…after a while, I did go into a trance, but was jerked out of it by my stupid legs which seemed to develop a mind of their own: they did a sort of spasmy type thing, like the jerks earlier, but more powerful. I then found that my legs were very heavy. This afternoon I tried again, yielding the same results as I did last night, still being jerked awake by my legs, and again finding that they were heavy. Am I doing this wrong, or does this generally happen, or any advice?

Ps, sorry that was so long lol, first post.

Moved from Gen Lucidness :moh:

It happens, i believe you just have to stay calm and let yourslef slip into the dream. The twitching is your body falling asleep. If your having trouble with WILD, try it with the WBTB technique. Or, you could try others too; generally WILD is the most difficult to do but has the best effect so i guess i the end its more fulfilling. I prefer WILD.

I have a question, I’m not sure if its been asked but I don’t have the time right now to read through the forums T_T… Will listening to music help keep focus or will it divert me from going to sleep?

It will probably help. It’s kind of like we often manages to fall asleep infront of the tv but not lying beside a fan or a buzzing computer. Just keep the music slow and relaxing but yet with rythm.

Last night I made it further than ever with my ‘technique’ which I explained here: ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p … ht=#399935

I got past the huge vibrations and went into this strange state that could only have been me falling asleep. But I got so excited that my heart was pounding. Does this happen to anyone else? I’m not sure how I’m going to calm myself down next time it happens.

Do you eventually enter a dream when you hit this state? Or does it take some initiative, like visualizing a dream scene? I’m not really sure. I was sitting there waiting for a dream to form, afraid to concentrate on anything lest it woke me up. Oddly, I didn’t have any HI and they didn’t seem to be coming. That’s why I gave up. (I know, I was so close…)

EDIT: Yes, I did use WBTB, before anyone asks.

Do I have to wake up in the middle of the night and go back to sleep to attempt WILD or does it just make things easier?

You have to do WILD right before REM. So if you do WBTB with WILD theres a better chance of getting lucid.

I started useing WILD a few days ago and I’v been having some trouble. After I count my breaths for awhile my mind starts to wander and I end up falling asleep naturaly. Any ideas to help me focus?

I am, according to many others on the forum, “too aware” when I try to WILD.

I’m not sure what that means…

My body is completely still (except for a twitch or two every few minutes or so) and my breathing is at a slow pace.

I just need some advice…

I tried using a WILD tech last night where what i did was focus my mind on something simple while i let my relaxed body slowly drift off while counting “1 im dreaming, 2 im dreaming” etc.

1st attempt i lost concetration, 2nd attempt i managed to get my legs to go numb with that tingly feeling, and my arms were starting to go, but the fact that it was working got me excited and stopped that attempt.

Im wondering, if i had managed to get my whole body numb, could that have lead to a LD or not really ?, also any advice on how to keep myself more calm the next time around so i can reach lucidity ?, as well as any other techniques and such ?

It won’t lead you to LD, but it the best sign the you are on the right track.
And about being calm, just keep doing what kept you occupied during WILD.

Rotten Apples, “too aware” means that you can’t fall asleep because your mind works too hard or focusing on something that prevents you from falling asleep.
For WILD to work you must be very tired so you can very easily fall asleep, that why WILD works very well when people wake up in the middle of a dream, they want to sleep so badly, so they need very little time to focus on something for them to fall asleep with their logical part of the brain working, it might take 10-30 to fall asleep again, so just focus and let yourself fall asleep at the same time.